April 7, Tampa Bay vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

I honestly think King has been doing a good job of generating chances the past few games. His game isn't pretty so it's easy to single his negatives out but a lot of players have been less visible than him in a bad way as well. 

1 hour ago, JGC21 said:

Weber, Emelin and Benn all hurt.

Davidson, Nesterov and Lernout playing instead.

That better change next Wednesday.

They already said Benn & Weber will be ready next week.

Lehkonen another one and is SH, great to see.

51 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

What a pass!

Sorry for trashin' you Dwight :blush:

He is just warming up, he didn't like the cold weather up here.

Galchenyuk would be better off not trying to fight Dumont, could be a big mistake.

8 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

Nesterov is bad.

Weak defensively for sure, he didnt turn out as well as Benn has for Bergevin, that is safe to say.

1 minute ago, JGC21 said:

Man, Galchenyuk is in a funk.  What's the deal?

I would hope it is a nagging injury, but then why wouldn't he be resting? 

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

I wonder how getting lit up in a nothing game helps Price? Very annoyed that he played in this one. Fortunately he wasn't hurt.

Would have preferred playing the backup tonight and giving Price the opportunity to play spoiler in the Joe. 

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Would have preferred playing the backup tonight and giving Price the opportunity to play spoiler in the Joe. 

Was Price and or Waite who picked which game to play.

Is Montoya ready to go?

Im not sure which is better honestly. I suppose there are pros and cons to all points. Rest him for two games and he is rusty. Let him play in a playoff feel game like this one, where the other team is hungry and desperate (This is Lightening's playoffs) and get into his game, at the risk of getting hurt. Play the Joe against a team that is really going to want to close the barn with a win. Maybe you let him play next game too. I just worry about injury in a nothing game.

14 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Im not sure which is better honestly. I suppose there are pros and cons to all points. Rest him for two games and he is rusty. Let him play in a playoff feel game like this one, where the other team is hungry and desperate (This is Lightening's playoffs) and get into his game, at the risk of getting hurt. Play the Joe against a team that is really going to want to close the barn with a win. Maybe you let him play next game too. I just worry about injury in a nothing game.

Price wanted to play.  He is the one who told the coach he didn't want to sit a week between games.

He is the one who wanted to play and picked tonight. 

I'm fine with that.  

Lehkonen has 9 points in his last nine games. Thinking he's going to put up 25+ goals and 40+ points next year. The kid has great hockey IQ (that pass to King was awesome), a quick shot, and isn't afraid to get in the dirty areas. Could be a great 2nd line guy for the habs for 10 years.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Lehkonen has 9 points in his last nine games. Thinking he's going to put up 25+ goals and 40+ points next year. The kid has great hockey IQ (that pass to King was awesome), a quick shot, and isn't afraid to get in the dirty areas. Could be a great 2nd line guy for the habs for 10 years.

Artie has the look of a perennial 30 goal guy. Hope he doesn't lose the hunger 

1 hour ago, zumpano21 said:

Artie has the look of a perennial 30 goal guy. Hope he doesn't lose the hunger 

He could be a Pasternak-like player. Hate Boston but man, Pasternak was such a good pick. I remember being rotted he went right before us. 

19 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Is Lernout good?  

He's out of his element in the NHL but that's really to be expected at this stage.  He's basically the #3/4 in St. John's and they don't have the best of defences down there.  This feels like a 'let's see where he is for a couple of games' type of recall than a merit-based one.

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He's out of his element in the NHL but that's really to be expected at this stage.  He's basically the #3/4 in St. John's and they don't have the best of defences down there.  This feels like a 'let's see where he is for a couple of games' type of recall than a merit-based one.

At least he seems aggressive and moved the puck OK, but yes is a step slow in thinking for sure.