Game 1 2017 Playoffs Rangers at Habs

DON

51 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sing it, brother!

Is it a Blues tune...come on, tell me it is a good one!

Tin Pan Alley?

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

67-24-47

41-27-11

62-14-65

#65 played the most of all Hab forwards in game 1 and is 54%+ on faceoffs this year, so unlikely to see him on 3rd line wing.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Didnt you start a thread saying you were "tired" of him?

yup i'm tired of him...when i started that thread i also suggested (somewhere along the line) that he be moved to 3rd line C and the suggestion was (to put it mildly) scoffed at...Well here we are in game two of the playoffs... and he is now on the 4th line as a winger...this tells me he is number 6C on depth chart behind, Danault,, Plex, Shaw, Ott and Mitchell...ur boy is doing just great.  soon he will play himself right out of the lineup...you really haven't been reading my comments bro...i think the "experiments" with this player should stop.  put him on the 2nd- or - 3rd line as winger and let him shoot 7+times a game..

Some very contrasting thoughts about Galchenyuk overall. It's an interesting topic to me because there are about 3 or 4 different perspectives on what should be done with him. Personally, I'm patiently waiting for him to reappear on the top line, but it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. 

2 hours ago, DON said:

#65 played the most of all Hab forwards in game 1 and is 54%+ on faceoffs this year, so unlikely to see him on 3rd line wing.

I dont care about his faceoff percentage.  Hes better on the forecheck and creating havoc in front of the net as a winger.  A few percentage points on the draw is meh.

Guest Stogey24
3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Galchenyuk didnt work with max and radu.

Plekanec isnt a 2nd liner anymore

Shaw looks better as a wing.

Hence the solution

67-24-47

41-27-11

62-14-65

That's what the lines should be. More balanced for sure and Shite King isn't in top 9 :thumbs_up:

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I dont care about his faceoff percentage.  Hes better on the forecheck and creating havoc in front of the net as a winger.  A few percentage points on the draw is meh.

I don't care that you don't care, but it is one reason he is being used a lot by Julien at centre for sure. If he was 42.7% as some other Hab centre is (0-2 in game 1) I think it plays into it as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

I don't care that you don't care, but it is one reason he is being used a lot by Julien at centre for sure. If he was 42.7% as some other Hab centre is (0-2 in game 1) I think it plays into it as well.

And I don't care that you don't care that...aww, forget it