GAME 3 ROUND 1 PLAYOFFS HABS @ RANGERS GDT SUNDAY APRIL 16th @7PM

xXx..CK..xXx

I just stopped watching that goal in my head

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

:thumbs_up:

This game has been a masterpiece. But Radu is the crowning touch.

Well said.  Good chance Habs will get an empty net goal since the Rags pulled their goalie very early.

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Blech

Byron with another costly defensive slip. That 3rd goal could be huge.

Price with a massive save.

It deflected off his shin on a block attempt. Is that really a defensive slip? Just seems like bad luck. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Trizzak said:

It deflected off his shin on a block attempt. Is that really a defensive slip? Just seems like bad luck. 

Maybe an overstatement on my part. Doesn't matter now. 9 seconds left, this baby is done.

Just a tremendous effort by the whole team. And a real testament to Julien's coaching. If the Habs keep playing like this, I will stop calling them 2nd tier contenders...they'll be first tier, big time.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

What a game. That's was impressive 

Chucky with that patience setting up Weber. Beauty 

Radulov's goal was just dirty. Gives Sids one hand wrister a run for its money.

Carey just rock solid. 

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It has been a while since I've had time to do one of these but here's my 3 Stars for the game: http://www.habsworld.net/2017/04/hw-3-stars-the-defence-shines-as-montreal-retakes-the-series-lead/

Good job, Brian.

Hopefully we keep this lineup intact for Game 4. No weak links out there this time.

That was unfawkingbelievable...loved every minute of it. 

Radulov...I will officially call for the firing of MB if he fails to sign him for any reason.

Plex played great...didn't score this game, but he was solid.

Lehkonen looked like a guy who has second line goalscorer potential.

Team defense was vastly improved...holding the Rangers to 20 shots on Carey is going to get you a win 99 times out of 100; it was unfortunate that he lost the shutout on that redirected shot.

I hope they come out just as hard for game 4...putting the Rangers away in 5 is entirely doable.

Just now, Toronthab said:

Rangers will be beasts on Tuesday. How utterly amazing if we can win that one. What a battle this will be.

Yes, they will be desperate. If we win that one, we just are the better team, period.

Such a satisying win...I can't recall the last time the Habs looked so fundamentally strong in a playoff game. That the Rangers are a very good team makes it all the more impressive. That was a game by a mature team that has been through the wars and 'gets it.' Just great stuff.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yes, they will be desperate. If we win that one, we just are the better team, period.

Such a satisying win...I can't recall the last time the Habs looked so fundamentally strong in a playoff game. That the Rangers are a very good team makes it all the more impressive. That was a game by a mature team that has been through the wars and 'gets it.' Just great stuff.

Amen bro.

1 hour ago, Helmethead said:

Habs players just don't score goals like that. 

I apologize for being graffic but I jizzed my underwear. 

in honour of Joe Thorton?:D

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

That was unfawkingbelievable...loved every minute of it. 

Radulov...I will officially call for the firing of MB if he fails to sign him for any reason.

Plex played great...didn't score this game, but he was solid.

Lehkonen looked like a guy who has second line goalscorer potential.

Team defense was vastly improved...holding the Rangers to 20 shots on Carey is going to get you a win 99 times out of 100; it was unfortunate that he lost the shutout on that redirected shot.

I hope they come out just as hard for game 4...putting the Rangers away in 5 is entirely doable.

• Upvote 1

What  agreat game last night. As close to perfect as a team can get!

True that the Rangers are gonna come out Guns a blazin' tomorrow night, but if we can weather the storm for the first 5 to 10 minutes, I think it's possible the habs can come back to the Bell Centre with a 3-1 lead.

Guest Stogey24

Habs stuck to the game plan. Let the Rangers hit everything in site; we'll take our opportunities when they present themselves. Stick to the quick transition and get pucks deep behind Rangers D. It did seem like there was more controlled zone entries though.... Just a perfect game the more I think about it 

As Dlbalr said that was a set play off the the face when Lehkonen buried. Fackin beauty. 

14 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He had one of Montreal's better chances in the period.  I thought he looked fine in the first personally.

He is averaging over 5 shots a game in this series.  He's been fine.  Just because he hasn't scored a goal, doesn't mean he's playing badly. 

If he keeps getting 5 shots a night, the goals are going to come.