HABS @ RANGERS GAME 4 ROUND 1 PLAYOFFS TUESDAY APRIL 18th @ 7PM

xXx..CK..xXx

5 minutes ago, habs rule said:

we got out played time to regroup  head back to Montreal and kick their asses.

Sure hope so! 

How does everyone figure Pacs is hurt? This is how he plays when the going gets tough, 

At least they got rid of the "No excuses" sign

They need players to step up offensively, end of story

1 minute ago, Chris said:

How does everyone figure Pacs is hurt? This is how he plays when the going gets tough, 

He doesn't seem to be moving too freely. 

Just now, Chris said:

i'm speculating of course...but i clearly remember him going back to the bench after the second hit by (i think it was Girardi) looking like he was hurting.  

2 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

i'm speculating of course...but i clearly remember him going back to the bench after the second hit by (i think it was Girardi) looking like he was hurting.  

Yup.. and it looked like a core issue or shoulder.. back, hip.. 

5 minutes ago, Neech said:

These teams are too evenly matched for us to survive egregious errors like Markov's.  That was bad enough that if Beaulieu made it I might be ready to write him off forever.

Ships happen

I watch a fair amount of tennis. (Roger Federer copies my backhand) 

You see the top guy in the world double faulting or missing the easiest of shots. 

Gotta happen. The game is mostly mental . 

44 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

Ships happen

I watch a fair amount of tennis. (Roger Federer copies my backhand) 

You see the top guy in the world double faulting or missing the easiest of shots. 

Gotta happen. The game is mostly mental . 

this thread is mostly mental...lol

• Upvote 2

Max was fine the first three games, just couldn't finish.  Still got 17 shots in 3 games. 

He didn't look great tonight though. 

That said, he doesn't have a centre who can get him the puck either, and thats always an issue. 

58 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Max was fine the first three games, just couldn't finish.  Still got 17 shots in 3 games. 

That said, he doesn't have a centre who can get him the puck either, and thats always an issue. 

Image result for beating a dead horse

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Sportsnet panel called out Pacioretty too. Said if he's not scoring, he's basically invisible and it's plagued him his entire career. 

He didn't take the body on Mcdonut on the first goal and it led to New York Buring. 

He probably will turn it on at some point. I just hope it doesn't end up being too late. 

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Sportsnet panel called out Pacioretty too. Said if he's not scoring, he's basically invisible and it's plagued him his entire career. 

He didn't take the body on Mcdonut on the first goal and it led to New York Buring. 

He probably will turn it on at some point. I just hope it doesn't end up being too late. 

The 1st goal? #79 was the goat on that, with his fancy kick pass to Fast.

Weber with nice pass on 2-on 1 and clangs one off another post, but Rangers outplayed them and deserved the win.

Best of three with 2 games in Quebec, Habs were slight favourites in Vegas to win the series and looking to be a tight one till the end.

Markov credited with 5 giveaways, uggg!

:gohabsgo: 

(kinda hope Emelin is healthy and maybe can 'rest' Beaulieu.)

Edited by DON
add crap

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Second goal 

Come on! If it wasn't McDonagh on the point, Pacioretty likely headed in on a breakaway (by the way, McDonagh is a pretty good and smart d-man). And wasn't Petry supposed to cover Nash, not Pacioretty?

10 minutes ago, DON said:

Come on! If it wasn't McDonagh on the point, Pacioretty likely headed in on a breakaway (by the way, McDonagh is a pretty good and smart d-man).

You don't gamble on a stick-check attempt like that in a tied playoff game!  Captain Soft-As-Mush wanted nothing to do with making contact...period. No excuse for that.

Yeah.  Gamble is the good word.

Pax wanted a breakaway goal more than to clear the puck out of the zone.

He gambled.
He lost.

Habs lost.

Guest Stogey24

Max hasn't been terrible. I want to see him away from Danault 

I think this is the last season we see of Beaulieu. Too bad 

Pretty much sums it up on King..

When the Canadiens acquired Dwight King at the deadline, he was heralded as an experienced bottom six forward with a playoff pedigree. What actually arrived is what looks like a zombie from Dawn of the Dead wearing a Habs jersey. Slow moving at all times and often shying away from battles on the boards, this player is nothing like the one that won two cups with the LA Kings.

13 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Why? IMHO Beaulieu has been playing some strong and steady hockey in the playoffs so far.

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

He got 35 goals with the centers on the roster.

14 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Max hasn't been terrible. I want to see him away from Danault 

Pretty much sums it up on King..

When the Canadiens acquired Dwight King at the deadline, he was heralded as an experienced bottom six forward with a playoff pedigree. What actually arrived is what looks like a zombie from Dawn of the Dead wearing a Habs jersey. Slow moving at all times and often shying away from battles on the boards, this player is nothing like the one that won two cups with the LA Kings.

Not sure sums it up, but is just an opinion (which like a-holes, everyone has one) and mine is that he has been fine and playing his role. It wasn't due to him that Habs failed to get 25 shots on net, he actually was a +1 yesterday.

The defense only had 4 shots the whole game (and were primary cause of both goals against, unless blame Price some for two 5-hole goals), not good!

• Upvote 1