Goals Grabner (2) Radulov (2) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists 9 tied with (1) Radulov (4) National TV: CBC, TVA Sports, USA
Points Fast/Smith (3) Radulov (6) Regional TV: N/A
PIMS Zuccarello (12) Markov (10) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Fast/Smith (+3) Weber (+3) French Radio: FM 98.5

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
23 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Got a bad feeling about this one. Hopefully it's just jitters.

Pacioretty needs to step up in a big way tonight. I know he's getting smothered out there, but this team desperately needs him. 

I blame Bergvin for Max not scoring. The deadline acquisitions are doing absolutely nothing. The Rangers don't need to put any extra coverage on the players he added. It hurts the team on more than one level 

I'm probably old fashion but i blame Max for Max scoring. Byron can score he is the smallest guy in the league and gets more chances and drives the net more than Pacs does. Radulov who i'm sure the other team tries to stop is a beast on the puck and can score. 

Even Mitchell has scored

If Pacs isn't scoring, he is basically Danault 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'm probably old fashion but i blame Max for Max scoring. Byron can score he is the smallest guy in the league and gets more chances and drives the net more than Pacs does. Radulov who i'm sure the other team tries to stop is a beast on the puck and can score. 

Even Mitchell has scored

Testify, brotha!

Max sucking is on Max and Max alone.  Show up, or ship out...the endless slew of excuses is getting tired in a hurry.  4 games of doing absolutely nothing is not gonna fly...get it together and contribute.  Do you see many other 25-35+ goal scorer types sporting a donut this far into the playoffs?

Ovechkin:  3

Kessel: 1

Atkinson:  2

Oshie: 2

Matthews: 2

Hoffman: 2

Forsberg: 2

Arvidson: 1

Kadri: 1

Ect ect ect

I'm not asking him to be a hero the way Radulov has...but be a competent 1st line winger FFS...is that too much to ask?

If Max can do that, Radulov can do exactly what he's been doing thus far, line 2 can manufacture a goal, and our PP executes even one time for us...we should win tonight.

• Upvote 1

Whoah.... 67 is streaky, always has been.

If we go deep enough, he's going to do his thing. Only complaint I have so far about him was the second Rags goal from GM 4. He made a rookie defensive mistake. 

Go Habs Go. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Rangers have one bonafide scorer to cover 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Even Mitchell has scored

I don't really like Pacioretty, never have. I think he's a great goal scorer, but that's pretty much it....with saying that, I do think he needs some slack here. This is a tight series and he's the only legit player the Rangers have to worry about scoring a goal every shift. He has zero space. 

25 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Whoah.... 67 is streaky, always has been.

If we go deep enough, he's going to do his thing. Only complaint I have so far about him was the second Rags goal from GM 4. He made a rookie defensive mistake. 

Go Habs Go. 

My thoughts exactly. 

He also was the reason Radulov scored the winner in game 2 when he stripped the puck in the neutral zone and muscled it back into the offensive zone

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Pacioretty needs to step up in a big way tonight. I know he's getting smothered out there, but this team desperately needs him. 

Are you joking? He is leading the playoffs in shots.

How is that being smothered?

What does Pacioretty have to do to get any respect? He is and always has been hot or cold and more productive than 99.9% of NHLers for past 5 or 6 years.

What a fickle fan base he has!:wall:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DON said:

What does Pacioretty have to do to get any respect? He is and always has been hot or cold and more productive than 99.9% of NHLers for past 5 or 6 years.

I am with you on this one Don. I can't believe the criticism he is getting.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Absolutely agree. He is the 6 th best goal scorer over the last three seasons. Only 14 goals behind 2nd with ovechkin in a league of his own. He is in elite company and a consistent elite goal scorer. He is streaky, but all scorers are. His defense appears to have taken a bit in the last two seasons. But it may be my eye test. I think Pacioretty is the least of this team's problems. 

I still say Max is playing hurt...AND even though is is hurt,  he will not be taken off the top line.  

Ppl may not want to acknowledge this but...this is Max's team.  He (quietly and unassumingly) has more say in what is going on than we think.  He really likes Danault and that is one (of many) reasons #24 is playing on the top line.  

Shaw hasn't been as visible as he should be - afterall MB brought this player in for his (supposed) playoffs experience.  I applaud CJs attempt at trying to get Shaw going by moving him up to top line for tonight's game. Worth a try...

One reason that patch may draw ire from some fans is that he doesn't play a very robust game for someone his size. That said I am okay with whatever short comings he may have and I would still take him on my team.

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Got a bad feeling about this one. Hopefully it's just jitters.

It better just be jitters. I think the winner tonight will probably win the series.

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, DON said:

Are you joking? He is leading the playoffs in shots.

How is that being smothered?

What do you mean am I Joking? I just said he's getting shadowed out there. I'm defending the guy for not scoring a goal. 

Show me a stat of where those shots are coming from. 

Just now, Stogey24 said:

What do you mean am I Joking? I just said he's getting shadowed out there. I'm defending the guy for not scoring a goal. 

of course he is being shadowed !!!  LOL.  He's our leading scorer.  AV would be an idiot if he didn't.  what a strange group this is... unbelieveable...Why do you think CJ is moving Radu to second line???  He's spreading the offense.  This is a chess game between two very good coaches...

Not only is he being shadowed...he was TARGETED in the first game ...they hit him hard and he is now playing hurt for the rest of this series...next AV will target Price...its the facking playoffs.  This is how it goes.  Those big players MB brought in need to start earning their pay... 

16 minutes ago, sim.on said:

It better just be jitters. I think the winner tonight will probably win the series.

Game 5 winners win series a very high proportion of time. I cant say I am feeling good or bad about this one...I just think will be close and am sure I will be doing some nervous pacing.

8 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Stats eh...OK, 100% of shots are coming from his stick and 100% are from spots on the ice that he has ripped home goals before.:scared:

But, where hasn't he scored from? Centreice maybe?

Anyways, just got to hope he heats up sooner than later!:pray:

Guest Stogey24
6 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

of course he is being shadowed !!!  LOL.  He's our leading scorer.  AV would be an idiot if he didn't.  what a strange group this is... unbelieveable...Why do you think CJ is moving Radu to second line???  He's spreading the offense.  This is a chess game between two very good coaches...

Not only is he being shadowed...he was TARGETED in the first game ...they hit him hard and he is now playing hurt for the rest of this series...next AV will target Price...its the facking playoffs.  This is how it goes.  Those big players MB brought in need to start earning their pay... 

What a strange group this is? What does that even mean.

My whole point is that Pacioretty is the only forward that needs to be shadowed, because we have no other consistent scoring threats. Ya, such an "unbelievable" post. You started a thread about being "tired" of a player. Seems a little more strange to me