Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Game 5, Rangers vs Habs, 7 PM

Recommended Posts

10012288-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-new-yo
 

5310_new_york_rangers-jersey-1979.png
2-1-1 Record
Scratches: Clendening, Glass, Hellberg, Kampfer, Klein, Pirri, Puempel

Projected Lineup

Rick Nash - Derek Stepan - Jimmy Vesey
J.T. Miller - Kevin Hayes - Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider - Mika Zibanejad - Pavel Buchnevich
Michael Grabner - Oscar Lindberg - Jesper Fast

Dan Girardi - Ryan McDonagh
Brandon Smith - Brady Skjei
Marc Staal - Nick Holden

Henrik Lundqvist
Antti Raanta

 

6368_montreal_canadiens-jersey-2000.png
2-2-0 Record
Scr.: Flynn, Juulsen, Martinsen, McCarron, Nesterov
Injuries: Emelin

Projected Lineup

Max Pacioretty - Phillip Danault - Andrew Shaw
Artturi Lehkonen - Alex Galchenyuk - Alexander Radulov
Paul Byron - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Dwight King - Steve Ott - Torrey Mitchell

Andrei Markov - Shea Weber
Jordie Benn - Jeff Petry
Nathan Beaulieu - Brandon Davidson

Carey Price
Al Montoya

 

 

Team Leaders NY Rangers Montreal

Game Notes

Goals Grabner (2) Radulov (2) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists 9 tied with (1) Radulov (4) National TV: CBC, TVA Sports, USA
Points Fast/Smith (3) Radulov (6) Regional TV: N/A
PIMS Zuccarello (12) Markov (10) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Fast/Smith (+3) Weber (+3) French Radio: FM 98.5

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Stogey24

Byron has been rendered useless in the last couple games. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big game, and a big win needed.

C'mon boys.. Price, Weber, Raddy - lead this team to victory!

Pacs - silence those critics.

 

GO HABS GO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on which team shows up, the team that can't generate any offense, or the one that can score 3 or 4. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Stogey24
23 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Got a bad feeling about this one. Hopefully it's just jitters.

Pacioretty needs to step up in a big way tonight. I know he's getting smothered out there, but this team desperately needs him. 

 

I blame Bergvin for Max not scoring. The deadline acquisitions are doing absolutely nothing. The Rangers don't need to put any extra coverage on the players he added. It hurts the team on more than one level 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably old fashion but i blame Max for Max scoring. Byron can score he is the smallest guy in the league and gets more chances and drives the net more than Pacs does. Radulov who i'm sure the other team tries to stop is a beast on the puck and can score. 

 

Even Mitchell has scored

 

If Pacs isn't scoring, he is basically Danault 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Emelin train is back. Keep your head up Nash.

 

Normally I'd trash Kreider but he's pretty much a ghost anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'm probably old fashion but i blame Max for Max scoring. Byron can score he is the smallest guy in the league and gets more chances and drives the net more than Pacs does. Radulov who i'm sure the other team tries to stop is a beast on the puck and can score. 

 

Even Mitchell has scored

 

If Pacs isn't scoring, he is basically Danault 

 

Testify, brotha!

 

Max sucking is on Max and Max alone.  Show up, or ship out...the endless slew of excuses is getting tired in a hurry.  4 games of doing absolutely nothing is not gonna fly...get it together and contribute.  Do you see many other 25-35+ goal scorer types sporting a donut this far into the playoffs?

 

Ovechkin:  3

Kessel: 1

Atkinson:  2

Oshie: 2

Matthews: 2

Hoffman: 2

Forsberg: 2

Arvidson: 1

Kadri: 1

 

Ect ect ect

 

I'm not asking him to be a hero the way Radulov has...but be a competent 1st line winger FFS...is that too much to ask?

 

If Max can do that, Radulov can do exactly what he's been doing thus far, line 2 can manufacture a goal, and our PP executes even one time for us...we should win tonight.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoah.... 67 is streaky, always has been.

 

If we go deep enough, he's going to do his thing. Only complaint I have so far about him was the second Rags goal from GM 4. He made a rookie defensive mistake. 

 

Go Habs Go. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Stogey24

Rangers have one bonafide scorer to cover 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I'm probably old fashion but i blame Max for Max scoring. Byron can score he is the smallest guy in the league and gets more chances and drives the net more than Pacs does. Radulov who i'm sure the other team tries to stop is a beast on the puck and can score. 

 

Even Mitchell has scored

 

If Pacs isn't scoring, he is basically Danault 

I don't really like Pacioretty, never have. I think he's a great goal scorer, but that's pretty much it....with saying that, I do think he needs some slack here. This is a tight series and he's the only legit player the Rangers have to worry about scoring a goal every shift. He has zero space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Whoah.... 67 is streaky, always has been.

 

If we go deep enough, he's going to do his thing. Only complaint I have so far about him was the second Rags goal from GM 4. He made a rookie defensive mistake. 

 

Go Habs Go. 

 

My thoughts exactly. 

 

He also was the reason Radulov scored the winner in game 2 when he stripped the puck in the neutral zone and muscled it back into the offensive zone

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Pacioretty needs to step up in a big way tonight. I know he's getting smothered out there, but this team desperately needs him. 

 

Are you joking? He is leading the playoffs in shots.

How is that being smothered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does Pacioretty have to do to get any respect? He is and always has been hot or cold and more productive than 99.9% of NHLers for past 5 or 6 years.

What a fickle fan base he has!:wall:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out shooting the Rags 46-22 when 67's on the ice.

 

Julien - burn that guy's lungs and legs. We need more, not less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DON said:

What does Pacioretty have to do to get any respect? He is and always has been hot or cold and more productive than 99.9% of NHLers for past 5 or 6 years.

What a fickle fan base he has!:wall:

I am with you on this one Don. I can't believe the criticism he is getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DON said:

What does Pacioretty have to do to get any respect? He is and always has been hot or cold and more productive than 99.9% of NHLers for past 5 or 6 years.

What a fickle fan base he has!:wall:

Absolutely agree. He is the 6 th best goal scorer over the last three seasons. Only 14 goals behind 2nd with ovechkin in a league of his own. He is in elite company and a consistent elite goal scorer. He is streaky, but all scorers are. His defense appears to have taken a bit in the last two seasons. But it may be my eye test. I think Pacioretty is the least of this team's problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still say Max is playing hurt...AND even though is is hurt,  he will not be taken off the top line.  

 

Ppl may not want to acknowledge this but...this is Max's team.  He (quietly and unassumingly) has more say in what is going on than we think.  He really likes Danault and that is one (of many) reasons #24 is playing on the top line.  

 

Shaw hasn't been as visible as he should be - afterall MB brought this player in for his (supposed) playoffs experience.  I applaud CJs attempt at trying to get Shaw going by moving him up to top line for tonight's game. Worth a try...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One reason that patch may draw ire from some fans is that he doesn't play a very robust game for someone his size. That said I am okay with whatever short comings he may have and I would still take him on my team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Got a bad feeling about this one. Hopefully it's just jitters.

It better just be jitters. I think the winner tonight will probably win the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, DON said:

Are you joking? He is leading the playoffs in shots.

How is that being smothered?

What do you mean am I Joking? I just said he's getting shadowed out there. I'm defending the guy for not scoring a goal. 

 

Show me a stat of where those shots are coming from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stogey24 said:

What do you mean am I Joking? I just said he's getting shadowed out there. I'm defending the guy for not scoring a goal. 

 

Show me a stat of where those shots are coming from. 

of course he is being shadowed !!!  LOL.  He's our leading scorer.  AV would be an idiot if he didn't.  what a strange group this is... unbelieveable...Why do you think CJ is moving Radu to second line???  He's spreading the offense.  This is a chess game between two very good coaches...

 

Not only is he being shadowed...he was TARGETED in the first game ...they hit him hard and he is now playing hurt for the rest of this series...next AV will target Price...its the facking playoffs.  This is how it goes.  Those big players MB brought in need to start earning their pay... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sim.on said:

It better just be jitters. I think the winner tonight will probably win the series.

Game 5 winners win series a very high proportion of time. I cant say I am feeling good or bad about this one...I just think will be close and am sure I will be doing some nervous pacing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

What do you mean am I Joking? I just said he's getting shadowed out there. I'm defending the guy for not scoring a goal. 

 

Show me a stat of where those shots are coming from. 

Stats eh...OK, 100% of shots are coming from his stick and 100% are from spots on the ice that he has ripped home goals before.:scared:

But, where hasn't he scored from? Centreice maybe?

 

Anyways, just got to hope he heats up sooner than later!:pray:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Stogey24
6 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

of course he is being shadowed !!!  LOL.  He's our leading scorer.  AV would be an idiot if he didn't.  what a strange group this is... unbelieveable...Why do you think CJ is moving Radu to second line???  He's spreading the offense.  This is a chess game between two very good coaches...

 

Not only is he being shadowed...he was TARGETED in the first game ...they hit him hard and he is now playing hurt for the rest of this series...next AV will target Price...its the facking playoffs.  This is how it goes.  Those big players MB brought in need to start earning their pay... 

What a strange group this is? What does that even mean.

 

My whole point is that Pacioretty is the only forward that needs to be shadowed, because we have no other consistent scoring threats. Ya, such an "unbelievable" post. You started a thread about being "tired" of a player. Seems a little more strange to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×