Game 5, Rangers vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

1 hour ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

the word on the street (in Montreal) is that Chucky loves his Crescent street bars, women, and booze; and not necessarily in that order.  Based on MB's need for "character" players, It wouldn't surprise me if he's not back next year.  

Whether you love him or hate him, this is Max's team right now... make no mistake about it.  Chucky isn't playing with Max because Max doesn't want him to...Why did DD play with Max? because of Max  ..PD is playing with him, because (you guessed it!!) Max wants him to. When Chucky centers Max, its harder for him...he has to chase the puck more AND cover up for Chucky's mistakes (which are many and often).   

Anyway, this is our team and, aside from the Chucky drama, we knew going in that  this team has more holes than swiss cheese.  The good news ?  So does every other team in the league...even the mighty Pens (eventually Fleury will let them down).   New York, Boston, Ottawa, Toronto, etal...all have problems. Look, Chicago was knocked out in 4 straight...should Toews be tarred and feathered? 

This series is going 7 games...and hopefully OUR team (warts, holes and all) wins game 7.

Definitely. Major trade, fired coach, imminent first round exit. Sounds about right.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Word on the street eh?

Rumor mongering at its finest.... 

Chucky is out partying on crescent street.

Max makes the line combos and tells the coach what centre he wants to play with.

Yeah, okay, sure.... you somehow know all this stuff??  I thought this site was above posting bullshit and claiming inside info of what happens in the dressing room without proof. 

word on the street, social media, radio talk show hosts, callers...it seems we can speculate about all kinds of stuff here but we need to be careful about who...this kid is not going to be the player you want him to be..and to speculate that this is Max's team and that he has a say (as captain and leading point-getter) about who he plays with is OBVIOUS.  Hey tell you what...hit the scroll button  

Its not about who. I had the same reaction when someone posted that Hudon drinks too much and that is why the team wouldn't give him a call-up earlier in the year.  I'd say the same thing no matter what player you are accusing of creating problems off the ice without proof.  Callers to radio shows? Social Media?  All bullshit rumor mongering. 

Team gave a great effort, ran out of energy and lost in overtime. Could of went either way but the series is far from over. Is there any voice of reason on this pathetic hockey forum?  Let's make magical trades and bring in Stamkos and Crosby for Carr and Ott and then trade Pacioretty for a bag of shyte because didn't score all those goals over the years - that was a mass illusion. Coming here and reading these negative comments from spoiled brats that think they know anything puts a real downer on being a Habs fan. You want a dominant team that is a cup favourite every year? Quite simple. Tank for about 6/7 years, collect the best players available at the draft and go from there.  Is that what you want? A whole bunch of you need a reality check like you wouldn't believe.  Either that or you're a bunch of 12 yr olds that need more t!tty time from mommy.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its not about who. I had the same reaction when someone posted that Hudon drinks too much and that is why the team wouldn't give him a call-up earlier in the year.  I'd say the same thing no matter what player you are accusing of creating problems off the ice without proof.  Callers to radio shows? Social Media?  All bullshit rumor mongering. 

This sort of stuff happens whenever there is a melt-down in Montreal. It's like a script: scapegoat player X who is supposedly 'to blame' for the team's problems (hi, Patrice Brisebois!); question the 'leadership,' of the captain (remember Koivu and his supposedly 'bad leadership' because he couldn't turn bums and head-cases into Cup winners?) or else the 'leadership core;' make innuendo about various misdemeanours (so-and-so being on the party, players x and y hating each other, such-and-such a guy sleeping with so-and-so's wife, etc., etc.).

How about this: the Habs are behind 3-2 in a tight series against a team that finished with exactly ONE fewer point in the standings while playing in a tougher division. In other words, these are evenly-matched teams. The Habs have probably had the better of the play, overall, in the series, and almost every player is playing as well as previous experience would lead us to expect them to play, except Galchenyuk. The end.

This, it seems to me, is what an objective assessment of the series would give us.

9 minutes ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

Team gave a great effort, ran out of energy and lost in overtime. Could of went either way but the series is far from over. Is there any voice of reason on this pathetic hockey forum?  Let's make magical trades and bring in Stamkos and Crosby for Carr and Ott and then trade Pacioretty for a bag of shyte because didn't score all those goals over the years - that was a mass illusion. Coming here and reading these negative comments from spoiled brats that think they know anything puts a real downer on being a Habs fan. You want a dominant team that is a cup favourite every year? Quite simple. Tank for about 6/7 years, collect the best players available at the draft and go from there.  Is that what you want? A whole bunch of you need a reality check like you wouldn't believe.  Either that or you're a bunch of 12 yr olds that need more t!tty time from mommy.

Spoiled brats? The team hasn't been to the Cup in 25 years, and they haven't been a serious contender in decades. They're five years into a quasi-rebuild and it's almost time to go back to the drawing board. The fans of this pathetic franchise have plenty to complain about, especially given how much the Molsons make off of us. We want some results, and after a quarter century anybody who's content with the status quo deserves to root for the Maple Leafs.

I used to care that Koivu and Souray would go drinking after a loss with Naslund and Bertuzzi.

Now I realize how silly it is to worry about that stuff. After the DARKEST DAY IN HABS HISTORY it's clear just how petty that stuff is.

Also when a veteran wants a young player gone for behaviour it always backfires in the team's face. Pronger allegedly wanted Carter and Richards gone from Philly. Chara allegedly wanted Seguin and Hamilton off Boston. Sure has worked out for the Flyers and Bruins eh?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Commandant said:

of course its prolly bullshit...but ppl start to piece things together.  Geez...the things that were said about PK !!  

what i find remarkable is that pretty much 80% of talk is about next year...Heck even Price is being mentioned as trade bait.  This is Montreal.  We are crazy here when it comes to the Habs  (and poutine)...the French talk shows are worse (not in a bad sense) than the english...lots of passion.   There is a call for a complete team over-haul.... and we are still playing for heaven's sake?!?!?!  Its nuts.  

Galchenyuk has become a polarizing figure...its like tories vs. libs...dems vs. reps...Chucky fans vs. haters...he is living in downtown Montreal and there is a crowd everywhere he goes.  Given his on ice performance, (which i know Com you think is very good), AND the team trailing in the series, of course ppl are going to speculate about off-ice stuff.  its part of the playoff ritual...

Anyone else have their misery over last night's lost compounded today by the taunts of gloating Senators fans?

People gleefully pointing out that Habs are on the brink while the Sens are in the drivers' seat, how BOBBY FREAKING RYAN has 3 goals while Max has done nothing,ect. made for a long day.

8 minutes ago, Habsfan1989 said:

The problem is for the past 25 years this organization has fail to address team needs. Come playoff time our weakness become unmasked.

Yeah...that lack of a PPG center situation since Damphousse is a serious issue.

13 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Anyone else have their misery over last night's lost compounded today by the taunts of gloating Senators fans?

People gleefully pointing out that Habs are on the brink while the Sens are in the drivers' seat, how BOBBY FREAKING RYAN has 3 goals while Max has done nothing,ect. made for a long day.

The Sens are nobodies. I don't have to deal with their fans, but they're headed to the second round because of the playoff format and the Habs or the Rangers are going to eat their lunch.

5 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

The Sens are nobodies. I don't have to deal with their fans, but they're headed to the second round because of the playoff format and the Habs or the Rangers are going to eat their lunch.

You are lucky...I'm surrounded by them here, and they like to lip off when they are winning.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

of course its prolly bullshit...but ppl start to piece things together.  Geez...the things that were said about PK !!  

what i find remarkable is that pretty much 80% of talk is about next year...Heck even Price is being mentioned as trade bait.  This is Montreal.  We are crazy here when it comes to the Habs  (and poutine)...the French talk shows are worse (not in a bad sense) than the english...lots of passion.   There is a call for a complete team over-haul.... and we are still playing for heaven's sake?!?!?!  Its nuts.  

Galchenyuk has become a polarizing figure...its like tories vs. libs...dems vs. reps...Chucky fans vs. haters...he is living in downtown Montreal and there is a crowd everywhere he goes.  Given his on ice performance, (which i know Com you think is very good), AND the team trailing in the series, of course ppl are going to speculate about off-ice stuff.  its part of the playoff ritual...

So because people are spreading bullshit on RDS talkbacks and on radio call-in shows we have to do it here too?

Lets try to make this place a home for some sort of rational analysis without the rumor mongering crap. 

That doesn't mean we have to agree... you think he should be a winger, i think he should be a centre, fine... we can disagree on that.  But we don't need to bring the gossip into that discussion. Especially the unconfirmed stuff. 

This site can be an escape from the places where the bullshit lives, cause we all know there are plenty of those boards and where to find them.  This place can be different. 

45 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

No

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

You may have watched every game, but your memories of said games may betray you. The video doesn't lie. He's had high quality scoring chances and Lundqvist is making the saves.  Here is the article, with a video, again.  

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/whats-behind-max-paciorettys-playoff-goal-scoring-woes/

I watched the video. He has had a few good chances and didn't score. The rest of the time he is floating around. He isn't creating chances, others are. Defensively, he is caught watching far too often. 

I know now you want to defend him, but are you actually claiming he is playing great playoff hockey and only Lundquist is making him look bad? 

He's made one bad defensive play all series. 

He wouldn't be at over 60% possession if he was "floating around, not creating chances, and caught watching" , He just wouldn't. 

Yes, I'm saying that in a small sample size of five games, he's been snakebit and is playing much better than his point total suggests.