Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Game 5, Rangers vs Habs, 7 PM

Recommended Posts

Just now, Stogey24 said:

What a strange group this is? What does that even mean.

 

My whole point is that Pacioretty is the only forward that needs to be shadowed, because we have no other consistent scoring threats. Ya, such an "unbelievable" post. You started a thread about being "tired" of a player. 

i was actually defending you..lol...let's not start the Galchenyuk  BS again...i am tired of everything that player is and i don't blame him ...

 

I just don't get the shitting on Max -  he is arguably our best player. A class act who is prolly playing hurt...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

i was actually defending you..lol...let's not start the Galchenyuk  BS again...i am tired of everything that player is and i don't blame him ...

 

I just don't get the shitting on Max -  he is arguably our best player. A class act who is prolly playing hurt...

He'd be a hell of a lot better Player, if Beregvin gave this team anything at all at the deadline to alleviate some of the pressure off the guy. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say people are pooping on him, just calling him out because he isn't producing, which is what he gets paid to do. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chris said:

I wouldn't say people are pooping on him, just calling him out because he isn't producing, which is what he gets paid to do. 

 

 

Not pooping on him...simply calling him out? It is 4-20 today and guess that makes sense to someone with cloudy point of view.:tumbleweed:
 
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel that Max has played fine in this series. And I remember as well his awesome play to set up the winner in Game Two.

 

Another point is that it's not exactly unheard of for a team's best FW to be shut down in a playoff round. It's happened to Crosby a few times, I believe. What needs to happen then is for the secondary scoring to step up. Rare is the team that is carried by a single offensive threat over four rounds.

 

I've still got that leery feeling, but maybe it's just something I ate :wacko: I agree that if the Habs lose tonight, they are 90% likely to be done. This is a game that a Cup-ready contending squad would win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to add one item to my "keys to victory"....the team as a whole, but especially our d-men, need to cut down on shots going wide.  Get it on net and make Lundqvist save it...sailing them high and wide is making his life far too easy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I've still got that leery feeling, but maybe it's just something I ate :wacko: I agree that if the Habs lose tonight, they are 90% likely to be done. This is a game that a Cup-ready contending squad would win.

 

My nerves are on edge for this one...it's do or die as far as I am concerned also.  I doubt I'll sit down for any of it...might as well pick out a pacing 'track' in front of my TV right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching this one with a buddy of mine who is a Ranger fan. We don't usually watch the games together because it gets a bit heated, so this could very well be the end of our friendship :D

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping that Galchenyuk stand out in a positive way tonight. He needs to win his 1v1 battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sbhatt said:

 

Testify, brotha!

 

Max sucking is on Max and Max alone.  Show up, or ship out...the endless slew of excuses is getting tired in a hurry.  4 games of doing absolutely nothing is not gonna fly...get it together and contribute.  Do you see many other 25-35+ goal scorer types sporting a donut this far into the playoffs?

 

Ovechkin:  3

Kessel: 1

Atkinson:  2

Oshie: 2

Matthews: 2

Hoffman: 2

Forsberg: 2

Arvidson: 1

Kadri: 1

 

Ect ect ect

 

I'm not asking him to be a hero the way Radulov has...but be a competent 1st line winger FFS...is that too much to ask?

 

If Max can do that, Radulov can do exactly what he's been doing thus far, line 2 can manufacture a goal, and our PP executes even one time for us...we should win tonight.

 

 

 

Monahan scored four games in row and his team lost all four games. Now, the Max apologists would say that shows goal scoring is not important, but players are getting in done. He'll have a good game in the next three. Let's hope it's tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I feel that Max has played fine in this series. And I remember as well his awesome play to set up the winner in Game Two.

 

Another point is that it's not exactly unheard of for a team's best FW to be shut down in a playoff round. It's happened to Crosby a few times, I believe. What needs to happen then is for the secondary scoring to step up. Rare is the team that is carried by a single offensive threat over four rounds.

 

I've still got that leery feeling, but maybe it's just something I ate :wacko: I agree that if the Habs lose tonight, they are 90% likely to be done. This is a game that a Cup-ready contending squad would win.

The last game it just seemed that NY wanted it more, right from the drop of the puck!  Habs need to be 1st on pucks, keep skating, not coast and take puck hard to the net.

 

:1gohabs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DON said:

The last game it just seemed that NY wanted it more, right from the drop of the puck!  Habs need to be 1st on pucks, keep skating, not coast and take puck hard to the net.

 

:1gohabs:

Yep, it was the first game the Rags owned in this series, Habs need to play their game, and keep those feet moving...I still think the Habs are the better team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great save by Price to bail them out early...

 

 

As for Pacs, he isn't playing great.. he looks slow and soft. He isn't playing at playoff intensity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

What do you mean am I Joking? I just said he's getting shadowed out there. I'm defending the guy for not scoring a goal. 

 

Show me a stat of where those shots are coming from. 

 

Same high danger areas they always do.  Includes a video of his scoring chances in the series. 

 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/whats-behind-max-paciorettys-playoff-goal-scoring-woes/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if Max gets one, he'll go on a streak.   Gotta get that first one though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that is the effort we need from Pacs... what a hard working goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome goal created by Lehkonen's hustle.  Might want to try that level of effort, Max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Stogey24

Imagine if we had Reway doing what Lehkonen is doing this year too 

 

Radulov's celly on the bench was amazing 

 

That was such stupid pass Galchenyuk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad Giveaway by Chuck

Price has to stop that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...