Game 5, Rangers vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24
5 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Somebody needs to straighten Nash out...he's been over the line all game.

I was thinking that too

Damn, the hockey in this series is something else. These are two quintessential 'today's NHL' teams, closely matched, going at it full throttle. It doesn't get much better. Even the crap behind the play (like Nash's punch to Markov's face) seems somehow like genuine playoff hockey, not goonery and vicious attempts to injure. I see a lot of respect underlying the hatred between these clubs.

That play by Lehkonen was AMAZING. I couldn't believe it when he stripped Marc Staal - who is not exactly a 5th defenceman - the first time. He went on to do it TWO MORE TIMES on the same frigging shift!! What a gamer this kid is!! He and Gallagher defined that period. Which is great, we need those guys buzzing like they are. I had no problem with Patches' play before that period and I have even less of a problem after it. He's a force.

Didn't like Emelin-Beaulieu, obviously. Hopefully the D corps can tighten things up a bit.

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That slash to the ribs by Zuccarello.  I hate that ####ing Hobbit. 

I'd like to see him stretchered off to be honest...have always hated him.  Total weasel.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

That slash to the ribs by Zuccarello.  I hate that ####ing Hobbit. 

I'm sure Rags fans are saying the same sort of thing about Ott, Shaw, King, Gallagher, etc.

I'd like to hear Galchenyuk's name called more often. I know he assisted on the massive Lehkonen goal, but he's really not generating a lot.

1 minute ago, Habber said:

Does anybody else notice how the powerplay is more dangerous when he captain is on the bench?

DAMN RIGHT I'VE NOTICED

That needs to change in a hurry, or his PP time should go to a winger who actually buries the occasional puck.