Game 5, Rangers vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

I don't even want to hear the Pacioretty apologists start their crap now...HE DOES NOT PRODUCE...PERIOD

Screw his shots on net...the whole point is ZERO went in, and he does nothing else worth a damn on the ice.  That is the difference in a series like this...your top scorer getting at least ONE LOUSY GOAL to turn the tide in a close game.  He didn't....almost never does. This team won't ever contend with him as their leader.  Traded away the wrong guy last summer.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott462 said:

That's heartbreaking. Seems like the Rangers are just getting super lucky and we can't buy some luck. Nothing but posts.

Hurts but that's apart of it. I hope we can tie it up in New York.

A commentator was noting that the late 2nd goal broke our spirit. 

Best thing that can happen is that they get absolutely blown out in a shutout next game in New York.  Bad enough that Molson rages and fires MB, and brings in someone with the guts to do a serious makeover that features some scoring.  This current model, even with Price, can't contend.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

in 3 losses they have 3 goals, 

No offense, no wins, pacioretty or not. They have no offense. Same story every year

Apparently the pieces we needed for offense were way overpriced so we tried to get tougher. 

10 minutes ago, Habinator33 said:

This team is pathetic absolutely 0 effort in 3rd and OT.

That's what hurts the most....the Rangers were skating like their lives depended on it...winning the battles.  It wasn't some lucky/unlucky bounce in that OT...it was flat out domination via work ethic.

Just now, Habber said:

Chicago has all kinds of scoring centers. How's that working out for them? Playoffs require blood and guts. our team does not have it.

True...scorers with character are needed for playoff success....floaters with great shots don't tend to produce (see M.Pacioretty)

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

What you mean numerous cups over the past 6 or 7 years? I would take that

The Hawks certainly couldn;t score this year in the playoffs, sound familiar

In Hawks' defense, they are getting old at some key positions (Keith, Seabrook, Hossa) and many are likely worn down from their many deep runs over the past years.

No such problems here! (the deep playoff runs part)

Yea, i think there is something to be said for many long cup runs in a short period of years, they play an extra 2 months of hockey every year and they get worn out. 

Happened to the Kings also

2 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

I think we're a lot happier after wins. 

I could even approach happy after a loss IF the loss is not for the same old stinking reason it always is.  The absolutely craptastic OT amplified the anger about Captain Useless and the rest of the pop-gun offense though, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

I could even approach happy after a loss IF the loss is not for the same old stinking reason it always is.  The absolutely craptastic OT amplified the anger about Captain Useless and the rest of the pop-gun offense though, that's for sure.

Hahaha... I hear ya. Winning's more fun. :rolleyes:

I'm looking at comments on Twitter and H/IO, and the consensus is to trade Max, Galchenyuk, and then sign a center and a number 2 defenseman or some other big moves. They already made a bunch of shakeups this year. Weber, Shaw, Julien, Radulov. Markov and Plekanec are getting older. Price is merely great. Contracts are up. I think the holes in the boat are moving faster than the pails throwing the water overboard. 

Champs in 2025?

4 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

I'm looking at comments on Twitter and H/IO, and the consensus is to trade Max, Galchenyuk, and then sign a center and a number 2 defenseman or some other big moves. They already made a bunch of shakeups this year. Weber, Shaw, Julien, Radulov. Markov and Plekanec are getting older. Price is merely great. Contracts are up. I think the holes in the boat are moving faster than the pails throwing the water overboard. 

Champs in 2025?

I used to have a chrystal ball , but it got shattered in a hockey accident. :unsure:

I understand the negativity about this game, but it's overblown.

This team completely dominated the Rangers for two periods. But they couldn't get that third goal, and when the Rags went into the third period all tied up, well...I've seen that movie many times. The Rangers knew they were in a position to steal one, and they made no mistake.

In terms of the Rangers' control in the third and OT, a lot of that had to do with the jolt of energy, the charge you get from realizing that you're on the cusp of highway robbery - along with the Habs being deflated after that goal late in the 2nd. Also, coaching; AV made some adjustments - and that too is normal. Rarely do you see any team dominate from start to finish, especially in the playoffs; and part of the reason is that coaches make adjustments,

As for negativity, I do have one thing to complain about.

Alex Galchenyuk.

This was a game where the team really, really, REALLY needed its most talented, torpedo-like forward to do something. It didn't need to be 20 minutes of incredible play. Just something. We needed him to generate offence. Patches did all he could, Radu tried hard, the Gally line dominated the first half. The missing ingredient was Galchenyuk.

Now in terms of the future...

While we could still go into MSG and win, I can't help but feel that I'm not going to see the Habs win the Cup for a looooooong time. I continue to believe that this season is the best chance they are apt to have for the foreseeable future. This core is aging and this year's matchups are basically ideal, and we're 100% healthy, yet we're staring a first-round exit full in the face. It doesn't look good.

• Upvote 2

Just now, BCHabnut said:

Orrrrr... 

Habs will win 2 games back to back like they did once this series and go to the second round. 

Hahahahah! There is always that torch in the dressing room. ... And God is a Habs fan for sure.. :B)