Game 6 - Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers | April 22nd, 2017 | 8:00 EST

Habsfan84

14 hours ago, DON said:

Might as well get Game 7 one prepped, as you will be doing that one as well! :D

I think it's only fitting that this series goes to 7 games. And this Habs team has come from behind all season long, better than any other team in the league

2 hours ago, illWill said:

I think it's only fitting that this series goes to 7 games. And this Habs team has come from behind all season long, better than any other team in the league

:thumbs_up:

Guest Stogey24

Put Martinsen in Kings spot for christ sakes. I get that his last game wasn't terrible, but bring back the speed on the fourth line. 

Julien said he is well respected player by management, so what!  If he's not bringing anything to the line up, why is he on the starting roster. 

Guy is 6'4 and never lays the body, never gets in anyone's face, rarely battles in front of the net. 17GP 1pt. 5 playoff games 0 pts. Glad we added this character player :thumbs_up:

Well, their backs are against the wall, they have been here before, its do or die, they are behind the 8 ball, are down but not out, have to treat it like any other game...:scared:

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Put Martinsen is Kings spot for christ sakes. I get that his last game wasn't terrible, but bring back the speed on the fourth line. 

Julien said he is well respected player by management, so what!  If he's not bringing anything to the line up, why is he on the starting roster. 

Guy is 6'4 and never lays the body, never gets in anyone's face, rarely battles in front of the net. 17GP 1pt. 5 playoff games 0 pts. 

4th liners are not an issue, King is heavy, dosent get pushed around, protects puck well, plays smart. And don't you think Julien might know a thing or two about who might be best to help win?

And didn't everyone who needed to vent...do exactly that after game 5? Your splitting hairs whether it is Martinson-King-McCarron or Flynn playing limited minutes.

It s the forwards who are playing 15-20 minutes and the defense needing to play smarter in own end that should step up to make a difference (how a Nash keeps being left alone in Habs end is hard to figure out, he is a big dude?).

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
Just now, Machine of Loving Grace said:

It's like he's saying, "Why am I being used like a bottom six forward?"

Soft is what its called, straight up.

ILove the guy, but I'm falling out of it. 

Show some facking heart! 

34 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

It's like he's saying, "Why am I being used like a bottom six forward?"

Which of course he isn't (16:45/gm) and is tied for 34th in playoff scoring, so he is contributing some at least.

also gets 3:00/gm on the PP, not many bottom six see that

Edited by DON
add fact

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

He's so much better than this. That's the piss off

i know this is gonna sound crazy (i mean i am nuts so...wtf) but i think the emergence of Arturi is actually going to hurt Chucky's chances of staying with the Habs.  I realize he's just a rookie and has a long way to go but he's showing that he's the real deal.  

16 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

yup he's contributing...turnovers mostly

Actually incorrect; he, Mitchell and Ott are only forwards in the positive with +1 and Galchneyuk is only credited with 4 giveaways.

But, keep chucking shite at the wall and see what other cynical crap may stick eh.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DON said:

Actually incorrect; he, Mitchell and Ott are only forwards in the positive with +1 and Galchneyuk is only credited with 4 giveaways.

But, keep chucking shite at the wall and see what other cynical crap may stick eh.

you quoting numbers...or watching the games...geezus what will it take for ppl to realize he is playing shite out there and has for months...crist de merde

Shaw not at morning skate, maybe why his icetime has been slashed the last two games. He did take a big hit or two earlier in series, if I remember correctly.

Now they noted it was due to upper body injury

Edited by DON
update

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Put Martinsen in Kings spot for christ sakes. I get that his last game wasn't terrible, but bring back the speed on the fourth line. 

This is the lineup adjustment I would make if I was Julien 

1 hour ago, DON said:

4th liners are not an issue, King is heavy, dosent get pushed around, protects puck well, plays smart. And don't you think Julien might know a thing or two about who might be best to help win?

And didn't everyone who needed to vent...do exactly that after game 5? Your splitting hairs whether it is Martinson-King-McCarron or Flynn playing limited minutes.

It s the forwards who are playing 15-20 minutes and the defense needing to play smarter in own end that should step up to make a difference (how a Nash keeps being left alone in Habs end is hard to figure out, he is a big dude?).

Let's just dispel with this ridiculous idea that players with one or zero points are somehow indispensable or not fair game for criticism. 

I've got a good feeling about this one. It might be that I just started up a round of probiotics, but it's good nonetheless. I can't see them dropping three straight. The Rangers played next to perfect games in 4/5. This time they slip a bit. Lundqvist is due for an off game.

D pairs Markov - Weber Emelin - Petry Davidson - Benn (Beaulieu healthy scratch) lines (Shaw out) Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov Lehkonen-Plekanec-Gallagher Galchenyuk-Flynn-Byron King-Ott-McCarron

I think Montreal can most certainly take this. Montreal and New York are so even. New York has a one goal advantage on Montreal. That's it. They have scored one goal more. All Montreal has to do is score one goal more than New York tonight and it's game seven with both teams tied for GF/GA.

Whomever gets through gets the Sens or Bruins in the next round which shouldn't be difficult for either.