Game 6 - Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers | April 22nd, 2017 | 8:00 EST

Habsfan84

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

He's so much better than this. That's the piss off

Cant' teach intensity, unfortunately.  All that talent being squandered...it's infuriating.

Just now, THE Bobby Orr said:

its frustrating...you almost wish CJ bitch-slapped him on the bench...

CJ gets full credit for controlling his temper.  I don't think I could resist the urge to boot a few guys on this team in the head for floating at this time of year.

Nate, Mitchell and Shaw out.

I'm a little surprised by Mitchell, thought he has looked good in this series.  Nate hasn't really found his footing but I don't know if Davidson or Emelin are much better.

Our awful centre depth takes another hit.

Guest Stogey24
37 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Brian Wilde reporting Flynn, Davidson, and McCarron are in. 

I say Low IQ N8, Ott, and King are out.

Ott has been a great fourth liner. I doubt he sits. 

Well I finally went against better my better judgement and wore a Habs shirt to work today.

Wearing the CH when you own a bar on the border between Rangers and Bruins land is not the best thing for business; however I refuse to be mocked by staff and patrons alike.

Win this game and make me proud damnit!!!!

• Upvote 2

Not sure I like McCarron coming in this cold. He hasn't played since April 8th, and even then he didn't exactly play well. He should be a part of the Ice Caps playoffs, not the Habs.

I will happily be proven wrong with a strong performance, but if the Habs win I expect it will be in spite of him, not because of his contributions.

23 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Surprised Mitchell is outl 

Me too, I don't get that one. I can see Beaulieu, but the problem concerns the crummy quality of whoever replaces him.

To be fair, I had the Habs pegged as a 2nd round team and the who knows. This is definitely a 2nd round type series in close play and caliber of the two teams. They need to adjust the playoff format. It wouldn't have saved the Habs this year as a #4 seed, but it's not giving the league more rivalries. The second round is now a turd. And it's really disjointed to have teams cross into divisions of it's supposed to be a divisional playoff, right? 

Guest Stogey24
34 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

I was thinking McCarron at center, had no idea Shaw was out. King lives again. At this point, they might as well announce the 3 year MB grinder deal.

Mitchell scored last game on a beauty play with Weber. How he's eating hot dogs, while King plays.

Well King is probably eating hot dogs too, but that's a different story. 

Edited by Stogey24

24 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Well King is probably eating hot dogs too, but that's a different story. 

A little humor to break the pregame tension...well played, sir. :lol:

Flynn on third line...is going to get eaten alive, he gets smoked in regular season games. This series has been so physical he is surely going to be messed up by girardi at some point. 

seems to take a licking and keep on ticking tho. Would think Mitchell had earned that 3rd line center spot with shaw out. 

Not surprised n8 has regressed once Benn was put with petry. 

Anyone playing with Emelin seems to have to carry the weight or suffer, third pairing is scary AF now no matter who is there since Benn took a top 4 spot. N8 has looked worse each game, left no other choice.

price needs to steal us one, Galchenyuk breaks the slump, patches hits an empty netter to Get him going.

2-0 habs 

love that lady 

Edited by hockeyrealist

Go Habs Go.

Don't care who is playing or not

Don't care who hits or not

Dont care who scores or not

Just Win!

Go Habs Go

23 minutes ago, PMAC said:

Go Habs Go.

Don't care who is playing or not

Don't care who hits or not

Dont care who scores or not

Just Win!

Go Habs Go

Good point about hits. I don't know the stats, but I'm betting there is relatively little correlation between hits and wins. Last game the Habs hit the crap out of them over the first half, and while that's fun, I've seen too many games where commentators ooh and aah over how much a team is hitting, only to watch that team lose the game. 

I have a weird feeling that Patches scores tonight. Given our luck, I can see that happening in a losing cause, butbI ain't going there! MAKE IT HAPPEN LES GARS :habslogo: