Game 6 - Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers | April 22nd, 2017 | 8:00 EST

Habsfan84

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Mitchell scored last game on a beauty play with Weber. How he's eating hot dogs, while King plays.

Well King is probably eating hot dogs too, but that's a different story. 

Who dosent like hot dogs! :1gohabs:

Today has the potential to be a defining day for Weber and Pacioretty. I rarely place players under the microscope, but if we lose and either of them don't show up today, I won't argue against any of the criticism they'll face, as I usually would. They along with Price, simply have to be our best players tonight. The Weber I saw earlier in the series would suffice and although Pacioretty has been playing fine from my stand point, he needs to raise his game and produce. I don't care if it's a goal or two assists but it needs to be something. 

Of course, none of that holds true if we win, as they'll have more time to show themselves in the playoffs which puts a rather unintended negative spin to this post! I just hold those players in high regard and this is the type of game where they need to give it their all. 

Not sold on some of the lineup changes, but it looks like the coach feels like we need a legitimate shakeup even outside of injuries. 

:gohabsgo:

Weber has been very good, Pacs not so much. 

I don't get everyone getting all worked up over King and whether Mitchell is playing. 2/3 of the top line is invisible, lines 2 and 3 have had some good and bad, i think the 4th line has done pretty good. 

Same for 28, he is the #6 dman and has had a good game followed by some really shakey play, if the reason your team doesn't advance is your 4th line and #6 dman you have got some issues with the team. 

Weber has been very good, only average last game.

Pacioretty is doing everything right to look good on paper and nothing right to look good in the game.

This will be another one goal game. Doesn't matter who scores it. Someone has to beat the King or Bergevin will lose his jobahaha who am I kidding? He still needs a chance to trade Galchenyuk before he gets fired.

37 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Weber has been very good, only average last game.

Pacioretty is doing everything right to look good on paper and nothing right to look good in the game.

This will be another one goal game. Doesn't matter who scores it. Someone has to beat the King or Bergevin will lose his jobahaha who am I kidding? He still needs a chance to trade Galchenyuk before he gets fired.

If we lose, then what I say is that we cannot go into another season without a single legit top-6 C. Unfortunately, that kind of need can lead GMs into franchise-damaging trades (see Gomez, Scott). But I agree that Bergevin will still be around to be the one making the trade.

Being a little more specific, I'd like to see Weber score a power play goal. I'll admit the power play has looked great actually but I'd love to see more bombs from the point from Weber and it looks like the team has gone away from that. Weber is an elite goal scorer when it comes to defensemen. Let's see him get one. 

15 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Being a little more specific, I'd like to see Weber score a power play goal. I'll admit the power play has looked great actually but I'd love to see more bombs from the point from Weber and it looks like the team has gone away from that. Weber is an elite goal scorer when it comes to defensemen. Let's see him get one. 

Statistically, he's good for a goal every four games, suggesting 1-2 goals over a seven-game series. He's already got one...

Just now, Toronthab said:

It's suggested Pacs has a shoulder problem and can't load up his shots. Very plausible. 

Go Habs

That would explain why it's not going in for him despite a profusion of chances. But at this point, excuses be damned, it's do or die.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That would explain why it's not going in for him despite a profusion of chances. But at this point, excuses be damned, it's do or die.

Golf threatens alright..

God, HNIC is such shite

Got another bad feeling like I had before Game 5. Hope it's just the IPA

It occurs to me that, with N8 scratched for the biggest game of the year, he is guaranteed to be gone by next October. So is Galchenyuk, probably...but N8 is done, book it.

21 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I just wish they would sit out unless they're at least 85%. It's obvious teams say players are hurt after eliminations to protect them from the media. I mean...they lie about injuries all the time anyways.

27 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Statistically, he's good for a goal every four games, suggesting 1-2 goals over a seven-game series. He's already got one...

I may not be as rational as I usually try to be but this is an elimination game and I'm just hoping our best players are our best players tonight. With Weber and Pacioretty, a lot of their strengths are compatible with our offensive needs so I'm just hoping for the best. If we do get a power play goal tonight, I really do feel it will be Pacioretty, Weber or Galchenyuk so here's to hoping. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I may not be as rational as I usually try to be but this is an elimination game and I'm just hoping our best players are our best players tonight. With Weber and Pacioretty, a lot of their strengths are compatible with our offensive needs so I'm just hoping for the best. If we do get a power play goal tonight, I really do feel it will be Pacioretty, Weber or Galchenyuk so here's to hoping. 

Patches and Weber will give their all (and be crapped on regardless unless the team wins). Galchenyuk, who the hell knows. He's playing like he has a carton of eggs in his pants and is worried his mommy will yell at him if they break.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Good point about hits. I don't know the stats, but I'm betting there is relatively little correlation between hits and wins. Last game the Habs hit the crap out of them over the first half, and while that's fun, I've seen too many games where commentators ooh and aah over how much a team is hitting, only to watch that team lose the game. 

I have a weird feeling that Patches scores tonight. Given our luck, I can see that happening in a losing cause, butbI ain't going there! MAKE IT HAPPEN LES GARS :habslogo:

Hitting has a negative correlation to possession most times (though not in the first two periods of game 5), so there is that. 

1 minute ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

He's big enough. That's for sure.

Big Mac go and knock some Rangers on their asses. Leave them lying on the ice looking for the train that just ran over them.

4 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Big Mac go and knock some Rangers on their asses. Leave them lying on the ice looking for the train that just ran over them.

To hit 'em you have to catch 'em

Decent start, but still some issues with 'puck management'