Game 6 - Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers | April 22nd, 2017 | 8:00 EST

Habsfan84

Pacs needed to be better, but so did Price. The first NYR goal was soft - cant happen in an elimination game when you're up 1-0. Totally flipped the game.

Weber was good. 

Radulov was our best player. 

Some questionable moves though - taking Mitchell out after he scored. Leaving King in when he had not done much. 

Just now, THE Bobby Orr said:

exactly...and this series exposed the same ####ing holes that were exposed in the tampa series...its like out GM is stupid...seriously.  I just don't get it.  anyway Web was fine..

Yes. He is stupid. Blinkered by old-school thinking about 'character' and 'leadership' as all purpose solutions for a dearth of talent. He's a dolt and needs to go join his bum buddy in the dumpster.

Most people hated the idea of trading Galchenyuk for Duchene. 

You'd be crazy not to take that deal. 

I'm sick of 27 and 67. 

Trade them both. 

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

WHAT?!? PK WASN'T THE PROBLEM?!? But...but...CHARACTER. LEADERSHIP. 

:angry::angry::angry:

FIRE BERGEVIN. NOW.

The GM's in the NHL have plan with the long term in mind. 

It was really close and didn't go our way.

The decision to either keep or fire MB has to be based on much more than the result of one series. Would you want him fired regardless of the result against the Rangers?

Should Chicago fire Bowman and Quinnville? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Most people hated the idea of trading Galchenyuk for Duchene. 

You'd be crazy not to take that deal. 

I'm sick of 27 and 67. 

Trade them both. 

I wouldn't give up on #27 yet, but I would give up on #11/#67 first 

The sad part is.. this year was setup for a long run from the winner of this series.. 

Ottawa or Boston next round then the winner of the tough Caps/Pens series.. 

Calling it now.. NYR win the East. (And lose to Nashville)

1 minute ago, sim.on said:

The decision to either keep or fire MB has to be based on much more than the result of one series. Would you want him fired regardless of the result against the Rangers?

His plan is apparently to fail to improve the team one iota in three years. 

He is garbage.

Just now, l<OV4L3V said:

I wouldn't give up on #27 yet, but I would give up on #11/#67 first 

What? He was way worse than Gallagher. WAY WORSE. 

At least 11 was out there every shift trying, being a nuisance, 27 was floating like 67, turning the puck over or taking a bad angle shot. 

You keep 11 for your second line. You move 27 and 67 for a new first, and hope Raddy resigns. 

Just now, sim.on said:

yup...its not about one series..personally when he brought in MT that was enough for me...but MB and MT managed to screw up a 1st round draft pick and NEVER even came close to plugging the flagrant holes this team has had for 5 years now.  Sorry but he's done

4 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

The sad part is.. this year was setup for a long run from the winner of this series.. 

Ottawa or Boston next round then the winner of the tough Caps/Pens series.. 

Calling it now.. NYR win the East. (And lose to Nashville)

If you think the Rangers can beat the Caps/Penguins you are cut off tonight

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Listen, Weber was excellent for us. The trade is not a disaster on that scale. It just made us four years older for absolutely no reason. 

I had to laugh as everyone kept hoping Weber would get some bombs through to Lundqvist. This is EXACTLY what happened with Subban in 2015 against Bishop. In neither case was the player the problem, rather the supporting cast is inadequate. The trade so transparently failed to make the team better, it's almost funny. Like blowing up your house and building an exact duplicate - a ton of sound and fury signifying less than nothing. Meanwhile the house still has holes in the roof and a cracked foundation. 

Weber has been excellent and would have been a great ADDITION to Subban, but was not worth getting in place of Subban.  The only two players will h skill who can carry the puck on this team are galchenyuk and radulov. They broke galchenyuk.  Biggest issue is they can't get out of their zone and transition to offence.  They were hemmed in their own end far too often.  The loss of Subban hurt even more when the habs didn't pick up a skilled centre who can carry the puck.

plus, weber probably has three elite level years left - Subban 7 or 8.  If weber was such a great player and captain, why would Nashville have traded him?  They finally slayed the dragon with Subban shutting down toews.

25 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I am angrier at MB right now than I can recall being at anyone in the Habs organization in years. This failure is 100% ON HIM. His failure to improve the team one iota in three years is inexcusable. He had a good hand and completely misplayed it. A joke of a GM.

Fire up the Random Excuse Generator

*They're (#1 centers, #2 dmen, popcorn vendors) not available

*Need to get (see above) at the draft

*You have to spend a lot to give a lot, and some variation of above

*I have a voodoo doll of Molson

*Isn't this a nice tie?

1 minute ago, l<OV4L3V said:

If you think the Rangers can beat the Caps/Penguins you are cut off tonight

If they breeze through Sens, and Caps or Pens come out of a 7 game war with multiple injuries, they certainly could.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Weber has been excellent and would have been a great ADDITION to Subban, but was not worth getting in place of Subban.  The only two players will h skill who can carry the puck on this team are galchenyuk and radulov. They broke galchenyuk.  Biggest issue is they can't get out of their zone and transition to offence.  They were hemmed in their own end far too often.  The loss of Subban hurt even more when the habs didn't pick up a skilled centre who can carry the puck.

plus, weber probably has three elite level years left.  If he was such a great player and captain, why would Nashville have traded him?

Hey, you're singing to the choir. The trade was idiotic and I never believed for a moment in any of that character/leadership bullcrap. PK gave his all every shift. You and I were absolutely right to decry the deal, and have been proven right, given thatbit did jacksh*t to improve the club.

All I'm saying is that at least in the short term the trade is a pointless lateral move. That's not a catastrophe like Roy, Chelios, or Gomez.

2 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

*Isn't this a nice tie?

Those excuses are just as lame as those used by the Pacioretty apologists:

*playing hurt

*but but but...he's getting lots of shots, that proves he's playing great...just 'snakebit'

*he's never been a physical player, shouldn't be expected to start now

*puck luck/bounces/ice conditions/ect ect you name it

*he leads QUIETLY

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

*Isn't this a nice tie?

There is only one Bergevin excuse:

"The team did not show enough character this year."

and then he will trade a 2nd round pick for Jordin Tootoo.

• Upvote 1

Off-season Plan

1) 6x6 for Radulov
2) Order the coach to put Galchenyuk at Centre and don't #### around with it. Look you arent winning without a centre, you just aren't.  He's your only hope of having one. 
3) Add a draft pick if you have to, ensure that Vegas takes Plekanec
4) Sign Shipachyov.  If he won't sign in Montreal, it is what it is.  But if he signs elsewhere its cause he took less money to do so.  You make sure that your offer is the best one on his table.

5) Re-Sign Markov 
6) Trade Emelin at 50% retained, or buy him out. 
7) Draft Centres with 3/4 picks in the first three rounds, including the first rounder.
8) Sign Price Long Term.

• Upvote 1

While I hear people say that price didn't steal a game, it's hard to do so when you score 1 goal in your losses. Winning 1-0 is an unrealistic expectation.

That said, this was a close series. It really could have gone either way. I remember in '93 feeling bad for Buffalo when they get swept in 4 straight 4-3 games. Losing to a beatable team sucks. Seeing the speedy Habs not be so speedy anymore is a bit sad. I sure wish they could've put up a few goals.