Game 6 - Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers | April 22nd, 2017 | 8:00 EST

Habsfan84

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Off-season Plan

1) 6x6 for Radulov
2) Order the coach to put Galchenyuk at Centre and don't #### around with it. Look you arent winning without a centre, you just aren't.  He's your only hope of having one. 
3) Add a draft pick if you have to, ensure that Vegas takes Plekanec
4) Sign Shipachyov.  If he won't sign in Montreal, it is what it is.  But if he signs elsewhere its cause he took less money to do so.  You make sure that your offer is the best one on his table. 
5) Trade Emelin at 50% retained, or buy him out. 
6) Draft Centres with 3/4 picks in the first three rounds, including the first rounder.
7) Sign Price Long Term.

I'd probably add in there some new coaches for Julien as well.  Namely JJ gone and someone else in.

13 minutes ago, huzer said:

While I hear people say that price didn't steal a game, it's hard to do so when you score 1 goal in your losses. Winning 1-0 is an unrealistic expectation.

That said, this was a close series. It really could have gone either way. I remember in '93 feeling bad for Buffalo when they get swept in 4 straight 4-3 games. Losing to a beatable team sucks. Seeing the speedy Habs not be so speedy anymore is a bit sad. I sure wish they could've put up a few goals.

Price was fine. He didn't steal any games, didn't lose any games. A couple of soft goals in six games. They have to be badly outshot for an entire game and dominated for him to steal a game. 

7 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Did Sergachev's defense improve enough this year though?

Yes, I thought he was a lot better at the end of the year than the beginning.  There was good progression in Windsor, and he looked much better in that last game of the season in Detroit. 

Radulov was a beast. Weber was very good. Price was fine. Pacioretty was off. Chucky was poor. I suspect Pacioretty had an upper body injury. His shot didn't have its usual zunk. I'm not mad at him. He is a great player. Injury reports will come out tomorrow. I suspect Petry had played hurt most the year. 

so what does MB do with Flynn, Martinsen, King, Mitchell, Ott (the latter was ok...but)...?? throw them back in the bargain bin?  Might as well throw in Plex and Danault in there as well.  i swear sometimes i can't help but think the other GMs are laughing at us.   The commentators had us losing the game tonight when there was still more than 5 minutes left !!!  No respect from SN, TSN commentators all season long...Its like we need to get our MOJO back and fast.         

4 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

so what does MB do with Flynn, Martinsen, King, Mitchell, Ott (the latter was ok...but)...?? throw them back in the bargain bin?  Might as well throw in Plex and Danault in there as well.  i swear sometimes i can't help but think the other GMs are laughing at us.   The commentators had us losing the game tonight when there was still more than 5 minutes left !!!  No respect from SN, TSN commentators all season long...Its like we need to get our MOJO back and fast.         

I actually think Pierre Mcguire wouldn't be a bad GM. A hell of an upgrade in the interim for dumpster diver. 

6 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

If King signs an extension, the 4th we gave up to get him becomes a 3rd. 

Also if King signs an extension, then I know I am in the darkest timeline, and I'll have to cut off Commandant's arm with a bonesaw. 

104093-evil-Abed-pop-balloon-gif-Imgu-xe

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, l<OV4L3V said:

I actually think Pierre Mcguire wouldn't be a bad GM. A hell of an upgrade in the interim for dumpster diver. 

oh dear god NO

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

interesting to see who he is paired with tho...

Depends which OHL team he plays with, or gets traded to.

18 minutes ago, l<OV4L3V said:

he knows this organization inside and out, why not? who else is actually available that can make prudent decisions and be accountable for them? 

because he is an idiot imho.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Trading MB for Mouth McGuire would just be rotating the clowns in the clown car.

Pierre seems to have all the answers for the Habs, I would seriously give him a chance. And he speaks french :B)

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Trading MB for Mouth McGuire would just be rotating the clowns in the clown car.

To trade references out for politics, Pierre is a lot like Newt Gingrich or Paul Krugman. The three of them are fine analysts, good enough to make you wonder, but they're well out of touch with what actually goes on and makes a winner in 2017.