Game 6 - Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers | April 22nd, 2017 | 8:00 EST

Habsfan84

3 minutes ago, DON said:

Got to say, that is one way to look at it and I guess you just cant bring yourself to admit Price was outplayed...for some reason? Maybe because Price being the better goalie was why you (and most, even Vegas?) thought Habs would win the series?:tumbleweed:

yup...Price wasn't perfect. Hard to blame him on the OT goal...the others, a couple were of the soft variety.     I am beginning to notice a shift in sentiment when it comes to Price ...fans are not as forgiving as they used to be when describing Price's performance.  It doesn't help when TV and radio analysts over-hype BOTH his achievements and his fumbles.  

Bottom line is - Price will be a very good goaltender for many years to come.  I don't really care if he isn't considered the "best" in the world. (does it really matter?).  I hope he re-signs.   At this point there are only two top tier players on this team - Price and Weber...not a bad duo to build around      

26 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

yup...Price wasn't perfect. Hard to blame him on the OT goal...the others, a couple were of the soft variety.     I am beginning to notice a shift in sentiment when it comes to Price ...fans are not as forgiving as they used to be when describing Price's performance.  It doesn't help when TV and radio analysts over-hype BOTH his achievements and his fumbles.  

Bottom line is - Price will be a very good goaltender for many years to come.  I don't really care if he isn't considered the "best" in the world. (does it really matter?).  I hope he re-signs.   At this point there are only two top tier players on this team - Price and Weber...not a bad duo to build around      

Both are fairly long in the tooth to 'build around.' But I know what you mean. The team has good strong elements, but MB has failed to build on them for five years, no reason to think he can do so over the next five.

Who cares if Price was outplayed? The team didn't score. That's the problem. It's crazy when the team scores 4 total goals in 4 losses, and people are piling on Price. I'm all for blame where it's deserved, but it ain't on #31. For the Habs to win any of their 4 losses, that would've had to win 0-0 (that'd be interesting) , 1-0, 2-1,1-0. Pice would've needed a 0.25 GAA and at minimum a .990 save percentage. Yeah, that's reasonable.

Regardless, the Rangers didn't set the world on fire either. 12 goals, not including ENers. Their team would have been fried for lack of scoring had the Habs won the series. There wasn't a single game where I thought the Habs were out of their element and a worse team than the NYR. That's why I'm disappointed. Not because them team needs to be gutted and rebuilt. But because it very easily could have gone the other way. That's the playoffs, and the finality of the last loss stings.

Looking forward to th next few seasons, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. The team is seriously devoid of top end talent in the system. That's where a look at MB with a critical eye.

• Upvote 3

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

It's official...they weren't just bad...they were all-time bad:

#Canadiens set new franchise record for the fewest goals in a 6-game playoff series, scoring just 11 times (on 206 SOG for a 5.3 shooting %)

— StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) April 23, 2017

Wow eh. You can thank the guy with the pretty hair and nice suits for that one. 

7 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Wow eh. You can thank the guy with the pretty hair and nice suits for that one. 

You predicted the Rangers would win series?

2017 vs. Rangers: 11 goals in six games

2015 vs. Lightning: 13 goals in six games (game five Habs scored six goals)

2015 vs. Senators: 12 goals in six games

2014 vs. Rangers: 15 goals in six games (game five Habs scored seven goals)

2014 vs. Bruins: 20 goals in seven games

2014 vs. Lightning: 16 goals in four games

2013 vs. Senators: 9 goals in five games

Aside from the Lightning and Bruins series, Montreal has been straight up pathetic at scoring goals in the playoffs in the Bergevin era.

16 minutes ago, DON said:

FYI: I did let admin know of doubled posts and my formatting screw up in last post, hopefully they can edit and fix.

I have no idea how you managed to make the post appear like that.  I was unable to fix it so I had to delete it instead.

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

I'm not saying that Lundqvist didn't play slightly better than Price....I am saying that's a tiny contributor to why this series was lost compared to Captain No-Show's goose egg in the goals department.  Yet the media is beating the Price drum HARD trying to stir up shit...and it's pissing me off. 

There was too much pressure on the Capt'n last year and this year (w/ trade) he was going to be better "leader and better surrounded" ...   I thought Capt'n Max was going to be better without PK (Still HATE the the trade) in the room but now i wonder if the C need to be off his sweater... I would give it to Gally (over Weber) just because I like his heart (+ the excuse of his not old enough doesn't apply anymore) and this would Cement CP31 as the "true Capt'n" on the Team IMO.... All them chatty media sh!*s would Need start chat about something else like the goose egg for e.g., huh?!?  

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

It wasn't made in order of priority. 

What about Dadonov (maybe I got sp wrong) would he be someone worth going after too. I saw he scored a real nice OT goal in Grigarin cup run... 1 of the 2, MB could get, no?

I think both can be done, only because Vegas coming into league and  MB can (with picks) create enough cap space... now as far as being able to do the salesman thing a GM needs to do... I don't know; Radulov was already familiar with Qc (and wanted back in Show), MB hasn't shown me he can do the same with Talent in this league (yet) and missed out on Panarin so this summer will be a big one in that regard I think.

58 minutes ago, ehjay said:

I think both can be done, only because Vegas coming into league and  MB can (with picks) create enough cap space... now as far as being able to do the salesman thing a GM needs to do... I don't know; Radulov was already familiar with Qc (and wanted back in Show), MB hasn't shown me he can do the same with Talent in this league (yet) and missed out on Panarin so this summer will be a big one in that regard I think.

Havent you heard repeated ad nauseam? Bergevin is a clueless idiot, just read the last 15 pages or so of this thread and you will see it is so!

Give up now, best buy that Matthews' jersey and jump on Leaf bandwagon!:(

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, DON said:

Havent you heard repeated ad nauseam? Bergevin is a clueless idiot, just read the last 15 pages or so of this thread and you will see it is so!

As a Toronto resident that doesn't actually hate the Leafs it's impressive what they have done and the future for Matthews. But I still believe in my Habs, if they can get that centre they have always been waiting for we can still do it.

Viva La Montreal!!!

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, l<OV4L3V said:

where is Sherbak in terms of development? can be be put on a line with Lehkonen next season? 

This has been another up and down year for him.  He's not ready for full-time NHL duty yet.  Honestly, he's probably another full year away (although I'm sure he'll be up a bit more next year as an injury recall).  His effort level shift-to-shift is still too erratic to trust him with a regular NHL roster spot.

5 hours ago, DON said:

I don't hear nothing, I try to be objective sometimes positive about what I see... It doesn't always happen but to wear Laughable blue? C'mon man! That is rude, for what? Because I did not stand with you on trade? Shouda just ask me to listen to new country and be a Preds fan ^_^  

On April 22, 2017 at 11:31 PM, sbhatt said:

Aaaaand the highjinx on Facebook have begun:

maxpatioready.jpg

Hahaha.. killer. But I'm quite convinced he was battling pain and injury just to be there. I'm A-OK with Max. But great graphic. Kudos

On April 22, 2017 at 11:58 PM, Trizzak said:

If King signs an extension, the 4th we gave up to get him becomes a 3rd. 

Also if King signs an extension, then I know I am in the darkest timeline, and I'll have to cut off Commandant's arm with a bonesaw. 

104093-evil-Abed-pop-balloon-gif-Imgu-xe

Hahahaha..you guys are great!

Price was excellent..made astonishing saves..impossible saves. Max was very likely hurt and giving it all. Gally should not have been on the ice while the men were playing. Lehtonen notched up. I don't think there was centre help available without packaging Price, Weber, Pacs and the little Irish terrier. So we got grindier. We needed more Gallup, more N8. I'm only mildly suicidal. We're still not Leaf fans for God's sake!!!:rolleyes:

On 4/22/2017 at 11:58 PM, Trizzak said:

If King signs an extension, the 4th we gave up to get him becomes a 3rd. 

Also if King signs an extension, then I know I am in the darkest timeline, and I'll have to cut off Commandant's arm with a bonesaw. 

104093-evil-Abed-pop-balloon-gif-Imgu-xe

Why my arm?

I like my arm.