2016-2017: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

THE Bobby Orr

Is it to early to do this? List your good, bad and ugly moments/trades/issues attributed to this season.  

My first entry

The Good:   Claude Julien, ARTURI !!!!

The Bad:     Nate Beaulieu - just can't seem to elevate his game another notch     

The Ugly:    No secondary scoring  

21 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

Is it to early to do this? List your good, bad and ugly moments/trades/issues attributed to this season.  

My first entry

The Good:   Claude Julien, ARTURI !!!!

The Bad:     Nate Beaulieu - just can't seem to elevate his game another notch     

The Ugly:    No secondary scoring  

The good: radulov and lekonan (who thankfully escaped the habs internal development system).

the bad: the Subban trade and the continuous mis-handling of galchenyuk 

the ugly: not firing le genius at the end of last year (and would have allowed us avoiding the bad)

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

The good: radulov and lekonan (who thankfully escaped the habs internal development system).

the bad: the Subban trade and the continuous mis-handling of galchenyuk 

the ugly: not firing le genius at the end of last year (and would have allowed us avoiding the bad)

This.

Additional "good" include Danault's emergence as a legit #3 C, and Byron's play pre-playoff.

To "bad" I would add the regression of Plekanec into nothing more than a bottom-6 player, a very costly development for the team. Gallagher's season was a disaster due to injury, but the good news is that he got better and better down the stretch and was definitely "back" for the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

This.

Additional "good" include Danault's emergence as a legit #3 C, and Byron's play pre-playoff.

To "bad" I would add the regression of Plekanec into nothing more than a bottom-6 player, a very costly development for the team. Gallagher's season was a disaster due to injury, but the good news is that he got better and better down the stretch and was definitely "back" for the playoffs. 

I wouldn't add daneult, because just like DD, habs management used daneult as a 1st line player and is setting him up with the fan base resenting and hating him for something he can't be - a legitimate 1st line player l, instead of what he could excel as - a good 3rd liner.

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

I wouldn't add daneult, because just like DD habs management used him as a 1st line player and is setting him up with the fan base resenting and hating him for something he can't be - a legitimate 1st line player 

Well, we know he is a good player, which is something we didn't know prior to this season. Whether the Habs delude themselves that he is a top-6 C is another story. With the dolt in charge, anything is possible.

Good; 1st place all year long, Pacioretty's offense, Price's play most games, adding Shaw, Muller, Radulov, Weber & Lehkonen.

Bad; Beaulieu & McCarron's development, Reway sickness & firing Mikey.

Ugly; Gallagher's broken hand & Plekanec's offense

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Good; 1st place all year long, Pacioretty's offense, Price's play most games, adding Shaw, Muller, Radulov, Weber & Lehkonen.

Bad; Beaulieu & McCarron's development, Reway sickness & firing Mikey.

Ugly; Gallagher's broken hand & Plekanec's offense

that was bad...bad for Mikey

3 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

that was bad...bad for Mikey

And waste of time for Habs. One defensive French retread coach for another.:thumbs_down: 

• Upvote 1