2016-17 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Beast lost 3-1 at home last night (3rd goal e/n). Series tied at one game each. Next three games in Manchester. Games 6 & 7 back in Brampton May 5 evening and May 7 2pm if necessary. Officiating was kind of so - so much like the officiating we seem to see elsewhere in other leagues (ECHL has two referees in playoffs). Fucale excellent again

Beast lost last night and tonight and now are behind 3-1 in the series. Manchester can finish it tomorrow at home. I think I am proud that they battled Reading to win round one and in this one just ran into a better team with more AHL experienced players. Maybe bus legs and some injuries we don't know about until the fat lady sings. David Pacan was not the sniper as in the regular season and in tonight's 6-1 loss, Blain was the only scorer. Was a thoroughly entertaining year. I made 14 home games and might have done more but you guys know what the traffic is like in the Toronto area on week nights. Weekends were fine.

well I'll be darned-Beast won tonight in Manchester 2-1 with David Ling scoring a goal! Game 6 now in Brampton Friday

2 minutes ago, miklin said:

well I'll be darned-Beast won tonight in Manchester 2-1 with David Ling scoring a goal! Game 6 now in Brampton Friday

Good night for Fucale, 26 saves and the first star nod. 

looked like the Beast had a lot of shots on Manchester goalie Britten (sp?). To be honest, I was too nervous to listen

1 hour ago, miklin said:

Haha.  David Ling still active player? He must be 40+ age.

Max Friberg signs a three year deal with Frolunda of the SHL.  The Habs can still give him a QO in the summer to hold his rights for a couple more years.  (I don't know if there's an NHL out clause in the contract or not either.)

re Dalhabs comment re David Ling---he is 42 and always a hoot to look at his stats at hockeydb.com -the bad news tonight is The Beast lost game 6 to Manchester 5-4 to give the Monarchs the series four games to two. It just seems every time they went ahead or tied it, Manchester would capitalize on an error. Zach Fucale did look soft on two of the goals and I guess they needed him to be superman every game. I figure David Pacan must have recovered from injury as he was first star with two goals and two assists. Been a fun year. They came oh so close to tying the game in the last minute with Fucale pulled and a power play but it has been a fun year

• Upvote 1

I thought he did well in Rouyn-Noranda. 

Didn't do well as an assistant with Colorado or in Ottawa. 

Did well back in Halifax. 

He's an upgrade on Lefebvre at the very least. 

I would be an upgrade on Lefebvre:B)

As I said in a different thread, at this point I don't care who they hire as long as it is not Therrien

3 hours ago, PMAC said:

I would be an upgrade on Lefebvre:B)

As I said in a different thread, at this point I don't care who they hire as long as it is not Therrien

Lefebvre has quit or was asked to leave? Will Bergevin treat Laval any different than IceCaps/Bulldogs, no question...of course he will! And likely will add some quality AHL journeymen to ice a winning product for a change.   

7 minutes ago, DON said:

Lefebvre has quit or was asked to leave? Will Bergevin treat Laval any different than IceCaps/Bulldogs, no question...of course he will! And likely will add some quality AHL journeymen to ice a winning product for a change.   

Lefebvre's contract is up so if they are going to make a change, the timing would make sense, especially with the Laval factor.  It's far from a guarantee that a change is being made though.  After there was a report yesterday saying they were talking to Tourigny, there's one today saying they're talking with Lefebvre:

• 2 weeks later...

From La Presse:

Selon les rumeurs, Bergevin serait intéressé à maintenir les services de Lefebvre, mais ce dernier étudierait présentement ses options. On lui prête l'intention de vouloir effectuer un retour dans la LNH à titre d'entraîneur adjoint.

Rappelons que le contrat de Lefebvre vient à échéance ce printemps.

It'd be nice if Lefebvre could land an NHL assistant job but that doesn't really sound realistic at this time.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201705/18/01-5099227-dominique-ducharme-nest-pas-le-choix-des-blackhawks-pour-leur-club-ecole.php

13 hours ago, dlbalr said:

From La Presse:

It'd be nice if Lefebvre could land an NHL assistant job but that doesn't really sound realistic at this time.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201705/18/01-5099227-dominique-ducharme-nest-pas-le-choix-des-blackhawks-pour-leur-club-ecole.php

The only two people that believe in Lefebvre are Bergevin and Lefebvre, while the rest of us are just screaming into the darkness. 

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

The only two people that believe in Lefebvre are Bergevin and Lefebvre, while the rest of us are just screaming into the darkness. 

Three..Lefebvres' mom.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, DON said:

Three..Lefebvres' mom.

I doubt even his mom thinks he should still have a job.

2 hours ago, DON said:

I assume one of Hudon, delaRose and McCarron could possibly on headed to Vegas?

McCarron doesn't need to be protected so it won't be him.  Hudon or de la Rose are certainly options though.

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎21 at 10:01 AM, dlbalr said:

McCarron doesn't need to be protected so it won't be him.  Hudon or de la Rose are certainly options though.

Did keeping McCarron on Habs (while not playing him) play into his eligibility?

19 minutes ago, DON said:

Did keeping McCarron on Habs (while not playing him) play into his eligibility?

no effect.

Being in the AHL or NHL had no effect on players. 

Those with more than 2 years of pro (AHL or NHL) are eligible.   Games played is not an issue for whether or not you are eligible. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

no effect.

Being in the AHL or NHL had no effect on players. 

Those with more than 2 years of pro (AHL or NHL) are eligible.   Games played is not an issue for whether or not you are eligible. 

So is simply due to his age that he is exempt?

2 minutes ago, DON said:

So is simply due to his age that he is exempt?

It's not age specifically that sets the exemption but he's four years past being drafted and just finished the second year of his ELC which puts him in the two years or less category.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic