2016-17 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread

dlbalr

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

no

Its due to the fact that he has only played 2 years of pro hockey....

Ah, ok thanks.

Why was Hudon 'passed' over by Habs, even though he produced when called up and since starting AHL, is it more likely an off ice/maturity, or all a defensive issue?

1 hour ago, DON said:

Why was Hudon 'passed' over by Habs, even though he produced when called up and since starting AHL, is it more likely an off ice/maturity, or all a defensive issue?

If I had to guess with a hockey-related reason, I'd go with skating.  He's not slow but he isn't a great skater either and for an undersized forward, that could hold him back.  That said, I'm still surprised as to how small of a look he's gotten.

8 hours ago, dlbalr said:

If I had to guess with a hockey-related reason, I'd go with skating.  He's not slow but he isn't a great skater either and for an undersized forward, that could hold him back.  That said, I'm still surprised as to how small of a look he's gotten.

He mentioned last year it had to do with the fact he got points but, "not the right way" or something to that effect. They felt he wasn't playing right. Don't know if they still feel that way.

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He mentioned last year it had to do with the fact he got points but, "not the right way" or something to that effect. They felt he wasn't playing right. Don't know if they still feel that way.

What exactly is the right way?  Not scoring like the rest of the team?

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

What exactly is the right way?  Not scoring like the rest of the team?

Not like Corey Locke, Nigel Dawes, Chris Terry, etc...I would have to assume.

• 2 weeks later...

Leblanc seems like a decent pickup.  I'd rather go the AHL deal route for fillers over signing guys like Parisi to NHL deals.  If Leblanc has a decent season, then give him the ELC at that time once he's earned it.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Louis Jean is reporting that Sylvan Lefevbre will be back next year. Yeah baby! Schlemko and Sly on the same day. Thrill me, Bergy!

I guess this will be another thing that Don will be doing the dance of joy for, since he supports every decision MB makes

5 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I guess this will be another thing that Don will be doing the dance of joy for, since he supports every decision MB makes

You would think this is the limit for everybody. I can't think of one reason Sylvain Lefevbre should be retained.

Bergevin is his presser today said "we need help everywhere." That's not a good look for a GM after five years. What's worse, tying this back to the debacle of development, is that nobody is coming to help the big club. 

7 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

You would think this is the limit for everybody. I can't think of one reason Sylvain Lefevbre should be retained.

Bergevin is his presser today said "we need help everywhere." That's not a good look for a GM after five years. What's worse, tying this back to the debacle of development, is that nobody is coming to help the big club. 

Hey how dare you say it's a debacle in development.  It's all on the players remember.  It's not lefebve' fault that he wasn't able to develop a single player for the habs?

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Hey how dare you say it's a debacle in development.  It's all on the players remember.  It's not lefebve' fault that he wasn't able to develop a single player for the habs?

You know....you can draw a straight line from the development woes to Lefevbre's hire. The Habs never had issues before Sly, Breezer, Farty Lapointe and the rest of the know-nothings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • dlbalr unpinned this topic