2016-17 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread

dlbalr

14 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Has a reporter ever taken Bergevin to task over the mishandling of the farm team? I think he has taken some heat over Lefebvre not being fired, but has anyone ever asked him, "How come you do sweet f*ck all for your AHL team?"

I would gladly fire Lefebvre and give the AHL development to dlblr.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DON said:

Dosent have much (or anything) to do with how the manage the AHL team, is a drafting and lack of high picks issue.

For sure. They have been a bit unlucky and made some odd draft decisions, but I just feel like player development is lacking. As Commandant says. They just come in and lose for two years. You have to think that winning sometimes would help their development. 

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

For sure. They have been a bit unlucky and made some odd draft decisions, but I just feel like player development is lacking. As Commandant says. They just come in and lose for two years. You have to think that winning sometimes would help their development. 

Obviously Bergevin thinks otherwise, but cant disagree playoffs would seem a bonus.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Can I run the team like I did my AHL squad in HWL? 

I am positive this is 100% of the reason Joe would hire you.

Edit: And I am right there with him. #dlbalrForGM

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I am positive this is 100% of the reason Joe would hire you.

Edit: And I am right there with him. #dlbalrForGM

I'm not sure my methods would work too well with real players.  I'd take the time to add a quality supporting cast though which would be an upgrade over what we've seen in recent years.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I'm not sure my methods would work too well with real players.  I'd take the time to add a quality supporting cast though which would be an upgrade over what we've seen in recent years.

I am sure that it wouldn't take six years to figure out that your coach wasn't working out..

Beast got a 7-6 OT win over Reading tonight after losing two on the road last week. Fucale was fighting the puck a bit. Beast were ahead 3-0 early in the first and I couldn't believe it was 5-5 at the end of two when I checked back. Pacan still playing well. MacLean too. See if Dags is in goal Friday for the rematch

• 2 weeks later...

after a couple loses, Brampton won in Elmira tonight 6-2 to get near the top of the division again. I honestly didn't realize this might be the final (ever) meeting for the two teams. Apparently the Jackals are folding the end of this season and details are on Wikipedia. It will have Rochester and Buffalo looking for an ECHL home for players. That has been an odd area for minor league hockey lately with the AHL Binghamton Sens moving to Belleville Ont and Albany AHL moving to Binghamton next season. Back to the ECHL, perhaps Buffalo and the Amerks might hook up with one of the current ECHL teams with no affiliations

Elmira isn't the only ECHL team folding as Alaska is shutting down operations as well.

Some notes from St. John's:

Redmond (undisclosed) remains day-to-day.

Eisenschmid (undisclosed) has received the green light to play.

Carr (personal) missed the last two games but should be back for their next set against Lehigh Valley.

• 2 weeks later...

Fucali from Brampton to Montreal today/ Labarbara (sp?) hurt???

thanks-I'm getting my Italians mixed up

Beast have signed Cincy native Tim Pitraniec (sp) as an emergency goalie backup. Played goal for St. FX 5 years ago

Beast won 5-2 in Cincy Wed. Went out to a 4-0 lead in the first period. D man Jordan Henry got a pair last night and the vet (used to see him play for Rochester vs Hamilton AHL) has a very impressive plus/minus considering the short bench the ECHL forces teams to play with (16 skaters and two goalies)

tonight's Beast Backup goalie is Dalton izyk, a University goalie from Oswego NY who graduated this year from Robert Morris university in Moon (Pittsburgh) PA

Beast win tonight in Reading PA 5-2 and have earned a playoff spot. David Pacan got 3 goals and two assists although broadcaster Chris Ballard thinks he actually scored another goal for which he only  received credit for an assist. Remaining games next week at home vs Wheeling on the 5th and Manchester on the 7th and 8th. Special ticket deal available for the 8th-see the website-four seats, BK burgers, drinks for $40.00.  Dags was great tonight. Interesting to see how the goalie situation will work out next week.

oscar.png

St. John's had a morning game today against the Marlies and after getting a 2-0 lead early on, proceeded to allow five unanswered goals to lose the game and, at least for now, fall out of the playoffs.  Montoya can't come back soon enough as the IceCaps really need Lindgren back.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary/1016937

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

St. John's had a morning game today against the Marlies and after getting a 2-0 lead early on, proceeded to allow five unanswered goals to lose the game and, at least for now, fall out of the playoffs.  Montoya can't come back soon enough as the IceCaps really need Lindgren back.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary/1016937

Give up dlbalr! Maybe next year?

• dlbalr changed the title to 2016-17 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread
  • dlbalr pinned this topic
  • dlbalr unpinned this topic