Ott joins Blues

ehjay

Ott is a new assistant coach in St.Louis. I wonder if he would have been good to keep around as personal coach to All the Centers on this Team?

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201705/25/01-5101323-steve-ott-devient-entraineur-adjoint-a-st-louis.php

Guest Stogey24
3 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Why not. He was a hab. It is news. I liked Ott. He was the best of the bums MB brought in at the deadline. 

Ya ,big story 

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

We're not talking Larry Robinson here. I enjoyed his playoff agitation, and all the best to him, but doubt his presence or absence will make much difference. 

Speaking of which...we could be talking about Larry Robinson who is no longer employed by San Jose.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

Ya is probably unwise to spam the forum which is so active discussing countless other topics. 

Spam? Ok bud.

Bryan Allen wasn't signed by the Habs. Should I have made that a thread too? 

11 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Spam? Ok bud.

Bryan Allen wasn't signed by the Habs. Should I have made that a thread too?

Honestly I considered making a thread about this too.  Ott is someone I thought might actually come back this season (I know others said the same as well) and his retirement/being named a coach in St. Louis was a bit of a surprise.  There aren't a lot of active threads right now and this is news(ish).

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I saw that. Please phone him MB. Please

Amen, brother. Guys like Sergachev and Beaulieu (assuming he isn't dealt) would certainly profit from his guidance.

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Amen, brother. Guys like Sergachev and Beaulieu (assuming he isn't dealt) would certainly profit from his guidance.

Yeah. It's 5 years late, but better late than never.  

14 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

From what I'm hearing.   He doesn't want to be an assistant coach.  he would take a development job though.  And he wants to spend lots of time in Bradenton Florida. 

If you can make that work, he could be an asset to teach Sergachev, Juulsen, Mete, etc. 

48 minutes ago, Commandant said:

From what I'm hearing.   He doesn't want to be an assistant coach.  he would take a development job though.  And he wants to spend lots of time in Bradenton Florida. 

If you can make that work, he could be an asset to teach Sergachev, Juulsen, Mete, etc. 

I think even as a part-time development consultant making 3 or 4 trips a year to my Montreal and Laval, he'll be much more effective than MB'a cronies have been.

• Upvote 1

Robinson is more than just a defensive coach. I'd love him in a President role.

As for Ott, when Rocky Thompson is done in Windsor I bet he takes the coaching gig there. St. Louis is even more fratty than Montreal so I'm not shocked they made him an assistant when he has zero experience. Or maybe I'm underestimating the guy who thinks licking and kissing players is an effective strategy.

17 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I suppose. But then again, I listened to his interview on TSN690, and he was talking about PK not being a "complete player" and carping about the spin-o-ramas. I think this organization has enough fuddy-duddies. If I could pick any D coach to work on the Habs, I would pick Phil Housley.

1 hour ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

I suppose. But then again, I listened to his interview on TSN690, and he was talking about PK not being a "complete player" and carping about the spin-o-ramas. I think this organization has enough fuddy-duddies. If I could pick any D coach to work on the Habs, I would pick Phil Housley.

Yow! Was that a recent interview? If so, he's spouting off without actually being up to speed - one sign of a guy who is no longer current. It's a good point about fuddy-duddies. This organization seems to have a huge bias in favour of the 'safe': it manifests in its apparent discomfort with super-talented young players, and in MB's loyalty to trusted buddies despite their failure to deliver. Point taken.

28 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yow! Was that a recent interview? If so, he's spouting off without actually being up to speed - one sign of a guy who is no longer current. It's a good point about fuddy-duddies. This organization seems to have a huge bias in favour of the 'safe': it manifests in its apparent discomfort with super-talented young players, and in MB's loyalty to trusted buddies despite their failure to deliver. Point taken.

May 23rd

I hadn't seen the article until Lovetts mentioned it. 

http://www.gohabsgo.com/2017/05/23/larry-robinson-sounds-off-on-pk-subban/

Enjoyed Ott. My perception of him changed due to his brief stint with us and I believe he will do well in his new role with the Blues.

Couple of ppl thought Ott shouldn't have a thread... Sorry I guess for starting it but I thought it was a worth a mention, I liked him as a Hab. I thought he would be great in development coach role for the centers on this team and the farm but maybe not a full time asst. coach on the Habs. 

That said Big Bird on the Habs in ANY role should be a priority on the same level as getting #1 center, extension to CP31, Radu, top 4 D ....  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ehjay said:

Couple of ppl thought Ott shouldn't have a thread... Sorry I guess for starting it but I thought it was a worth a mention, I liked him as a Hab. I thought he would be great in development coach role for the centers on this team and the farm but maybe not a full time asst. coach on the Habs. 

That said Big Bird on the Habs in ANY role should be a priority on the same level as getting #1 center, extension to CP31, Radu, top 4 D ....  

I don't think people should have to apologize for starting new lines of discussion. Kudos to you, I say.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ehjay said:

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I don't think people should have to apologize for starting new lines of discussion. Kudos to you, I say.

I agree it is just a thread, the world won't end. So we discuss Ott for a while, what the hell is wrong with that. I liked Ott and hoped he would be back but he wants to be a coach and the Blues are giving him an opportunity. Good for him.

• Upvote 1