Expansion Draft Discussion, Emelin to Vegas

dlbalr

Just now, Trizzak said:

I want Radulov and Markov extensions signed tomorrow morning.

Amen, brother. And Price too--just for luck?

The Islanders pay a high price to unload Grabovski (and not lose a notable forward) - Vegas gets a 2017 1st and a 2019 2nd.  The Knights added a 2nd and a 4th to take Garrison off Tampa's hands as well.

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

What I want

To Montreal 
Marchessault, Nate Schmidt

To Vegas
2017 2nd rounder, Michael McCarron 

Uh me too, wouldn't we need to give up more?

12 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Uh me too, wouldn't we need to give up more?

I'd sacrifice pleks-_-

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Losing Emelin for free > paying to lose Plekanec. 

Quite true. My only question is whether losing Pleks for free (as was rumoured) would have been a better outcome than losing Emelin. I think Pleks on the bottom-6 can help us, but fret that Barber Bill will keep reverting to him in the top 6 every time Galchenyuk's defensive lapses start to get to him. Our coach seems to be the kind of guy that would prefer to lose with 'safe' low-ceiling veterans than take a chance on winning with high-ceiling riskier youth. A guy like Pleks is a standing temptation to him. Used properly, though, he can be a ridiculously overpaid but useful C.

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Quite true. My only question is whether losing Pleks for free (as was rumoured) would have been a better outcome than losing Emelin. I think Pleks on the bottom-6 can help us, but fret that Barber Bill will keep reverting to him in the top 6 every time Galchenyuk's defensive lapses start to get to him. Our coach seems to be the kind of guy that would prefer to lose with 'safe' low-ceiling veterans than take a chance on winning with high-ceiling riskier youth. A guy like Pleks is a standing temptation to him. Used properly, though, he can be a ridiculously overpaid but useful C.

We need to get rid of pleks to save Julien from himself

On 6/20/2017 at 1:27 AM, Neech said:

I wonder if Bergy's been hiding him in the minors for this very purpose all along. 

It could be that Hudon wasn't selected because he wasn't a proven NHLer, which he never got a fair shake at.  This may have been a real strategy and it may have worked. And it might look damn good after Hudon becomes our next Pleks with consistent numbers and solid two-way play! (fingers crossed)

It seems like a handful of teams got screwed, including Florida and Ottawa in our division.  We lucked out.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Trade Pleks to Arizona for a bag of pucks.

Pretty sure they are under the floor. 

Arizona is looking for another "Datsyuk" contract that will count against their cap but costs them nothing. More likely to see Hossa traded to Arizona than Pleks. 

I think Gallant had some say with Vegas making this pick.  He knows Emelin as a regular NHL defenceman first hand.  I think they'll get some good use out of him and maybe give him the green night to hit a little more often, something I believe JJ tried to coach out of him.  

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Arizona is looking for another "Datsyuk" contract that will count against their cap but costs them nothing. More likely to see Hossa traded to Arizona than Pleks. 

Chicago is pretending that Hossa can come back next year.

21 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Chicago is pretending that Hossa can come back next year.

It's no difference than the farce with pronger

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

What I want

To Montreal 
Marchessault, Nate Schmidt

To Vegas
2017 2nd rounder, Michael McCarron 

Eakin & Theodore!

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

3 goal Cody Eakin?

And I doubt Vegas moves Theodore, he's part of the future there

Cmon last season was clearly an anomaly. 

McPhee wants assets. Who knows.

Shea & Shea would be scary!

He wants young assets.  A 21-year old defenceman who is already shown he can play in the NHL is a better young asset than any draft picks we can give up. 

Also Eakin's best ever season is basically what Philip Danault did this year.  We don't need another 3rd line centre... even if last year was an anomaly, he's a 35 point guy. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He wants young assets.  A 21-year old defenceman who is already shown he can play in the NHL is a better young asset than any draft picks we can give up. 

Yea but essentially, two assets are better than one.

Im sure he'd think hard about McCarron & 25th overall.

Im not sold on Schmidt

TSN was talking about the D that Vegas is going to flip.

Bob McKenzie just said that Theodore and Schmidt are likely to be fixtures on the Knights blue line for a long time, and won't be flips.