Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dlbalr

Expansion Draft Discussion, Emelin to Vegas

131 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, illWill said:

I don't recall any expansion team having as much power as Vegas has right now. It seems like they will have a competitive team right off the bat and will also have a ton of draft picks. This isn't your father's expansion team 

They have power but I don't know if they can pull off a 96 Panthers. I guess Fleury is something like VanBeezer.

 

Also at first I thought they wouldn't get a shot like Nashville did when they were able to select Vokoun but I guess Detroit is offering them Mrazek on a platter. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of mock drafts choosing Hudon. He's our top available asset; there's a chance he's a solid NHLer for the next decade, in which case he comes cheap long-term, and there's no risk.   Vegas has too many players for spots out of the gate anyways.  Roll the dice that Hudon makes the bottom-6 and the worst you get is nothing, which you'd have when Plek's contract expires anyways.

 

I wonder if Bergy's been hiding him in the minors for this very purpose all along. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neech said:

I wonder if Bergy's been hiding him in the minors for this very purpose all along. 

 

If he kept a player in the minors that could have helped the Habs win games just so he didn't have to expose Andrew Shaw he deserves to be fired yesterday. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

 

If he kept a player in the minors that could have helped the Habs win games just so he didn't have to expose Andrew Shaw he deserves to be fired yesterday. 

 

If Hudon is a legit 3rd liner, then he should have been protected over Shaw, who is overpaid over a number of years. This is exactly the sort of move good teams make, i.e., letting replaceable players go and replacing them cheaply from within. But, y'know...Leadership.:rolleyes:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiding him in the minors?

 

What we think Vegas didn't have scouts at AHL games?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Hiding him in the minors?

 

What we think Vegas didn't have scouts at AHL games?

They did have scouts at IceCap playoff games (one game at least)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd work on a trade now that the lists are out..

 

Something like our 1st Round Pick, Hudon, and Emelin for Vatanen (who they would select from Anaheim) and Veg picking Pleks would be part of the agreement. 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

I'd work on a trade now that the lists are out..

 

Something like our 1st Round Pick, Hudon, and Emelin for Vatanen (who they would select from Anaheim) and Veg picking Pleks would be part of the agreement. 

 

 

 

They could pick Hudon, and avoid taking on at least one of Emelin or Plek's bloated contract.  So essentially Vatanen for a 1st, which I'd do in a heartbeat, if he can walk onto our top-6.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right Handed

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Well that's downright bizarre. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

 

Well that's downright bizarre. 

Hopefully that would be an additional trade for picks on top of them picking up pleks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martin Lemay said he talked to McPhee and out of the conversation he believes vegas will be selecting Plex... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Martin Lemay said he talked to McPhee and out of the conversation he believes vegas will be selecting Plex... 

 

That's not a horrible outcome.

 

Nothing against turtleneck, but his play has declined below his salary.  I'd rather it be Emelin, who's never been worth his salary, but we can only lose one of them...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping Bergevin is one of the 6-7 GM's that have side deals with Vegas.  In particular I would love to see him make a deal to get an unprotected player like Jonathan Marchessault (F), Marco Scandella (D) or Jason Demers (D).  Of course, Vegas could use any one of these players too, so it'll be interesting to see tonight which 30 players they chose and which UFA's they convinced to sign with them early.

 

I wonder when the accompanying side-deal trades will be announced? I'm guessing Thursday when the trade freeze is officially lifted. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Demers is yet another Right Handed Defenceman. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, habscout said:

I'm hoping Bergevin is one of the 6-7 GM's that have side deals with Vegas.  In particular I would love to see him make a deal to get an unprotected player like Jonathan Marchessault (F), Marco Scandella (D) or Jason Demers (D).  Of course, Vegas could use any one of these players too, so it'll be interesting to see tonight which 30 players they chose and which UFA's they convinced to sign with them early.

 

I wonder when the accompanying side-deal trades will be announced? I'm guessing Thursday when the trade freeze is officially lifted. 

At the draft maybe? Bettman will reel them off as Vegas keeps returning to the podium in 1st round?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Hopefully that would be an additional trade for picks on top of them picking up pleks.

 

LeBrun thinks the Habs don't and won't have any side deal in place:

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are even concidering taking Emelin or Plekanec without a sidetrade I would try to convince them to do so even more by giving them a pick like our 3rd we got from beaulieu.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Rumour: Hudon not selected

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

LeBrun thinks the Habs don't and won't have any side deal in place:

 

 

Maybe but we all know MB likes to make deals, so I'm hoping he's got something planned and kept it tightly under wraps so there's been no leaks.  That would lead some of the media like Lebrun to say there's nothing happening.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Christmas in June?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think they'd even consider taking him although speculation is that he may be a draft-and-deal player if they did indeed take Emelin.  That would free up some money on the cap for sure but it would be yet another spot to fill on the blueline as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I didn't think they'd even consider taking him although speculation is that he may be a draft-and-deal player if they did indeed take Emelin.  That would free up some money on the cap for sure but it would be yet another spot to fill on the blueline as well.

I think it's great they they'd take him.  I would have thought considering th centres out there they would have taken pleks.

 

we should see if we can trade him as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if they're taking Emelin, and we can ship Plex, my Draisatl dream is still alive ? 🙃

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Emelin at 4.1m is a better value than Plekanec at 6m. If they select one of those players it will help our cap hit, but the downside is those positions are already our weakness

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0