Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
titanfan

2017-18 lineup could be?

Recommended Posts

titanfan    1

Completely agree Commandant and Cucumber.  LD needs to be the focus.

 

And as for a top line C - I believe the Habs need to give Galchenyuk the entire year to prove he can be that guy.  Before he does it with someone else.  Otherwise it is a waste of an asset.

 

Tell him you are going to qualify him, maybe get as high as $4.5 and tell him to prove he deserves more!  Hey Pacioretty is only getting $5 (I know team friendly contract now).  If someone else steps in and makes him an offer -0 we'll be more than happy to take the draft picks and move on...

 

(I just want to be clear - a 30 goal scorer is NOT someone to just give up on - I am just tired of the Habs not using their asset properly...   I also don't believe we should be overpaying for 'potential' that hasn't happened and is never going to happen unless we use the asset properly)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
titanfan    1
3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Which LD is out there? That's the question we should be asking.

That is the question...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
titanfan    1

Could we work a deal to get Marc-Edouard Vlasik (Montreal born) out of San Jose?

 

Hey they can have Emellin, Plekanec and/or Beaulieu...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    599

Your cap numbers are all off

 

1) Price's cap number doesn't change this summer.  His new contract doesn't start until 2018-19

2) There is 0 chance Galchenyuk will be 3.5

3) Shaw is 3.9 not 5
4) What did you give Vegas to take the two horrible contracts. 

5) There is zero chance Beaulieu is at 1.25.

6) Weber's number is off nearly 2 million.

7) Gallagher's number is off nearly 1 million

 

there is more.  Your scenario is a complete non starter cause the cap numbers are all over the place and not accurate. even contracts that already exist and we know the number for.  use a tool like at cap friendly to at least have the right numbers on Price and Shaw, etc... and then start answering the other questions. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Onto other issues.  I don't think you need a 6 or 7 million dollar Dman beside Weber. 

Weber spent half a season making Emelin look good. 

 

Do you need an upgrade there? sure.  But it doesn't need to be of such a high caliber, and cap hit.  Weber can make a 4 million dollar guy look good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    599
50 minutes ago, titanfan said:

Completely agree Commandant and Cucumber.  LD needs to be the focus.

 

And as for a top line C - I believe the Habs need to give Galchenyuk the entire year to prove he can be that guy.  Before he does it with someone else.  Otherwise it is a waste of an asset.

 

Tell him you are going to qualify him, maybe get as high as $4.5 and tell him to prove he deserves more!  Hey Pacioretty is only getting $5 (I know team friendly contract now).  If someone else steps in and makes him an offer -0 we'll be more than happy to take the draft picks and move on...

 

(I just want to be clear - a 30 goal scorer is NOT someone to just give up on - I am just tired of the Habs not using their asset properly...   I also don't believe we should be overpaying for 'potential' that hasn't happened and is never going to happen unless we use the asset properly)

 

We need two top 6 centres.  Make no mistake about that.  This team needs offense. 

 

I want Galchenyuk to be one of those guys.

 

You still need another guy, so that Danault can play the third C role that he should.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hab29RETIRED    159
58 minutes ago, titanfan said:

Cap $$$

 

Pacioretty - $5

Galchenyuk - $3.5

Radulov - $6

 

Byron - $1.2

Gagner - $2.5

Danualt - $.95

 

Lehkonen - $.925

Shaw - $5

Gallagher - $2.75

 

King - $.925

Flynn - $1

Martinson - $.675 

 

Mitchell - $1.3

 

Weber - $6

Shattenkirk (or someone like him) - $6

 

Petry - $6

Markov - $4.5

 

Jeraluk - $.925

Benn - $1.1

 

Beaulieu - $1.25

Nesterov - $.75

 

Price - $10

Montoya - $1

 

Total = $69.25  (Cap expected to remain at $72)

 

(Left off the list - Emelin (Vegas), Plekanec (Vegas), Davidson, Sergachev)

 

Juggle the number a bit if you want, maybe Galy gets $4.5 but Price ends up with $9.5) - but they work.

 

For discussions sake, who could we land as a top pairing D if Shattenkirk ISN'T the guy...

Don't know where you are getting your salary figures from.  Weber is just under $8m.  There is no way we get galchenyuk for $3.5m with arbitration rights.  Gallagher is $3.75m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
titanfan    1

Cap numbers come directly off Habsworld.net.  I sued actual salary instead of cap hit.  I see my mistake now, but the overall difference is only $.75, so an even $70 million.  We are still under the cap by $2 million.  Not ideal, but if we lose Beaulieu (for example) then we are $3+ away (from my projections - since I have Beaulieu at $1.25).

 

My number for Price is because we renegotiate his contract now, getting him at 10 instead of 11 or more but starting it this season.

 

And we send a 2nd and Emelin to Vegas to get them to take Pleks.  Something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    599

You aren't under the cap though, cause there is no chance that Galchenyuk signs for 3.5... Zero, zilch.  Same with Beaulieu at 1.25. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
titanfan    1
Posted (edited)

Let Beaulieu walk, or holdout then.  Not worth worrying about.

And if we need a little more for Galy, we tweak somewhere else.  Don't sign Gagner for example, move Danualt to second line centre.  Gallagher takes his spot on second line wing and we find an option for third line wing.

 

I get that you have no hope for the Habs - but offer some options...   Do you want to get better or do you think the status quo is ok?  Because all I hear are excuses, or reasons we CAN'T get better.  I am offering scenarios where we can.  Maybe they work, maybe they don't, but they are options.  Instead of only saying "That's Impossible" find an option the works!

 

One thing is for sure, I am tired of being a 'so-so' team with a great goaltender.  And there are options out there that work.  Am I an NHL GM (I wish!).  There are much smarter hockey people out there than me.  I just hope they are looking at ALL options to WIN.  And not settling for...

---------------------------------

 

Two top-line centres - now that is dreaming big!  How do we make it work? 

Edited by titanfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, titanfan said:

Let Beaulieu walk, or holdout then.  Not worth worrying about.

And if we need a little more for Galy, we tweak somewhere else.  Don't sign Gagner for example, move Danualt to second line centre.  Gallagher takes his spot on second line wing and we find an option for third line wing.

 

I get that you have no hope for the Habs - but offer some options...   Do you want to get better or do you think the status quo is ok?  Because all I hear are excuses, or reasons we CAN'T get better.  I am offering scenarios where we can.  Maybe they work, maybe they don't, but they are options.  Instead of only saying "That's Impossible" find an option the works!

 

One thing is for sure, I am tired of being a 'so-so' team with a great goaltender.  And there are options out there that work.  Am I an NHL GM (I wish!).  There are much smarter hockey people out there than me.  I just hope they are looking at ALL options to WIN.  And not settling for...

---------------------------------

 

Two top-line centres - now that is dreaming big!  How do we make it work? 

 

This is why I've been saying that this team's only hope of winning within its window is through some really bold, outside-the-box moves. So, you're totally right that we need such moves. But then again, Commandant is equally right that players are not going to just cheerfully sign contracts that are waaaaay under market value. That can't be part of the 'bold moves' we're playing with. In other words, proposals can and should be bold, but they also have to be realistic. Otherwise it's just pie in the sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
titanfan    1

Agree 100%.   But I think the only real contract at questions that matters is Galchenyuk's.  Get that done, and then we have a clearer picture.

Man, I'd love to land Vlasik...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    599
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

This is why I've been saying that this team's only hope of winning within its window is through some really bold, outside-the-box moves. So, you're totally right that we need such moves. But then again, Commandant is equally right that players are not going to just cheerfully sign contracts that are waaaaay under market value. That can't be part of the 'bold moves' we're playing with. In other words, proposals can and should be bold, but they also have to be realistic. Otherwise it's just pie in the sky.

 

Exactly i have a lot of hope for the Habs. 

 

I just think we have to be realistic in our cap space. 

 

As for needing 2 centres.... that's reality.    1 of those two could be Galchenyuk... but you still need either Galchenyuk + 1 centre.... or if you are trading Galchenyuk, then you need 2 guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    221
21 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

Exactly i have a lot of hope for the Habs. 

 

I just think we have to be realistic in our cap space. 

 

As for needing 2 centres.... that's reality.    1 of those two could be Galchenyuk... but you still need either Galchenyuk + 1 centre.... or if you are trading Galchenyuk, then you need 2 guys. 

Chucky is only getting delt for a legit centre.

 

If he goes for anything but, I've really under estimated the stupidity of management 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hab29RETIRED    159
32 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Chucky is only getting delt for a legit centre.

 

If he goes for anything but, I've really under estimated the stupidity of management 

With the clowns we have, I don't think that's possible...

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meller93    121

Honestly why not offer sheet Draisatl for 9-9.8 mill a year, and immediately have him our 1st line centre if EDM didn't match? We lose 2 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd I believe. We sign a young, 20 year old who will almost certainly have more impact than those 4 picks. We could even try out Galchenyuk in the 2nd line role with easier minutes. Danault/Shaw/Flynn and Mitchell could take some of the hard minutes as well at centre.

 

Top 9 of:

 

Pacioretty - Draisaitl - Radulov

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Byron - Danault - Shaw

 

That's honestly a really good top 9 all of a sudden. 

 

Defence:

 

Markov -  Weber

Beaulieu - Petry

Jerabek - ?

 

We could optionally trade Beaulieu and keep Benn in the draft. I'm assuming Vegas would take Beaulieu if left exposed. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Honestly why not offer sheet Draisatl for 9-9.8 mill a year, and immediately have him our 1st line centre if EDM didn't match? We lose 2 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd I believe. We sign a young, 20 year old who will almost certainly have more impact than those 4 picks. We could even try out Galchenyuk in the 2nd line role with easier minutes. Danault/Shaw/Flynn and Mitchell could take some of the hard minutes as well at centre.

 

Top 9 of:

 

Pacioretty - Draisaitl - Radulov

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Byron - Danault - Shaw

 

That's honestly a really good top 9 all of a sudden. 

 

Defence:

 

Markov -  Weber

Beaulieu - Petry

Jerabek - ?

 

We could optionally trade Beaulieu and keep Benn in the draft. I'm assuming Vegas would take Beaulieu if left exposed. 

 

 

 

 

Yep, that's the kind of big-assed thinking we need, It could blow up in our faces if Draisaitl fails to deliver, but what are you gonna do? Bold moves come with significant risks. I'd like to see management go for it. The picks don't trouble me too much, since Bergevin's regime will only arse up their development anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hab29RETIRED    159
8 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Honestly why not offer sheet Draisatl for 9-9.8 mill a year, and immediately have him our 1st line centre if EDM didn't match? We lose 2 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd I believe. We sign a young, 20 year old who will almost certainly have more impact than those 4 picks. We could even try out Galchenyuk in the 2nd line role with easier minutes. Danault/Shaw/Flynn and Mitchell could take some of the hard minutes as well at centre.

 

Top 9 of:

 

Pacioretty - Draisaitl - Radulov

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Byron - Danault - Shaw

 

That's honestly a really good top 9 all of a sudden. 

 

Defence:

 

Markov -  Weber

Beaulieu - Petry

Jerabek - ?

 

We could optionally trade Beaulieu and keep Benn in the draft. I'm assuming Vegas would take Beaulieu if left exposed. 

 

 

 

That's what I've been propossing for a while now.  Although I'd want vegas to pick up pleks or emelin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meller93    121
3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That's what I've been propossing for a while now.  Although I'd want vegas to pick up pleks or emelin

I think we'd need to do an additional trade where we give Vegas at least a second to keep both Benn and Beaulieu. Still something I'd consider. Plex was noticeably absent from my projected lineup actually. Benn filling that bottom 6 RD space would be ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    599
18 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Honestly why not offer sheet Draisatl for 9-9.8 mill a year, and immediately have him our 1st line centre if EDM didn't match? We lose 2 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd I believe. We sign a young, 20 year old who will almost certainly have more impact than those 4 picks. We could even try out Galchenyuk in the 2nd line role with easier minutes. Danault/Shaw/Flynn and Mitchell could take some of the hard minutes as well at centre.

 

Top 9 of:

 

Pacioretty - Draisaitl - Radulov

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Byron - Danault - Shaw

 

That's honestly a really good top 9 all of a sudden. 

 

Defence:

 

Markov -  Weber

Beaulieu - Petry

Jerabek - ?

 

We could optionally trade Beaulieu and keep Benn in the draft. I'm assuming Vegas would take Beaulieu if left exposed. 

 

 

 

 

How many years is your draisatl deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hab29RETIRED    159
10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

How many years is your draisatl deal?

Don't know how many years Meller93 had in mind, but I'd do 8 and be willing to forego the 4 #1's.  You'd hope those picks would range from the 21st to 31st for those years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meller93    121
36 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Don't know how many years Meller93 had in mind, but I'd do 8 and be willing to forego the 4 #1's.  You'd hope those picks would range from the 21st to 31st for those years.

Below 9.8 is only 2 1sts.

 

I'm not sure if forego 4 firsts. That's seriously impacting your prospect pool for the next half decade. 2 firsts yes.

 

also, wouldn't 7 years be the maximum since we don't have Draisaitls rights? I'd do the 7. Whatever it takes 9-9.8 mill that means EDM doesn't match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlbalr    645
23 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Below 9.8 is only 2 1sts.

 

I'm not sure if forego 4 firsts. That's seriously impacting your prospect pool for the next half decade. 2 firsts yes.

 

also, wouldn't 7 years be the maximum since we don't have Draisaitls rights? I'd do the 7. Whatever it takes 9-9.8 mill that means EDM doesn't match. 

 

The denominator for offer sheets is five years max.  So 9 x 7 = 63/5 (12.6) for compensation purposes which would be the 4 x 1st round picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    599
10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

The denominator for offer sheets is five years max.  So 9 x 7 = 63/5 (12.6) for compensation purposes which would be the 4 x 1st round picks.

 

Yup, thats why i was asking the years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×