2017 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

I just spontaneously got excited for next season, having a feeling that Weber was going to be a beast for us on the back end. So I went to check the cost of Habs jerseys and purchased my first ever Habs jersey with a name on the back... Weber's. He gets a lot of hate (he does) but he was our all star last year along with Carey at the game in Los Angeles which I managed to attend.

Once I got to the website, I was like do I really want a Weber jersey when there are other options? I've always been a center or wing myself and so I probably would have ended up going with Galchenyuk but Weber's also happened to be on special so I knew it was a sign! :lol:

I actually did find it funny that the only jerseys on special where I visited were Weber, Pacioretty, Gallagher and Shaw.

In one respect, those are some of our leaders but on the other hand, they are players who receive a lot of turbulence. It's like they want more people to have Weber, Gallagher and Shaw jerseys in order to be able to say, "hey they're loved here."

I look forward to getting my jersey in the mail. I've never had a red one and red is my favorite color! :habslogo:

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I just spontaneously got excited for next season, having a feeling that Weber was going to be a beast for us on the back end. So I went to check the cost of Habs jerseys and purchased my first ever Habs jersey with a name on the back... Weber's. He gets a lot of hate (he does) but he was our all star last year along with Carey at the game in Los Angeles which I managed to attend.

Once I got to the website, I was like do I really want a Weber jersey when there are other options? I've always been a center or wing myself and so I probably would have ended up going with Galchenyuk but Weber's also happened to be on special so I knew it was a sign! :lol:

I actually did find it funny that the only jerseys on special where I visited were Weber, Pacioretty, Gallagher and Shaw.

In one respect, those are some of our leaders but on the other hand, they are players who receive a lot of turbulence. It's like they want more people to have Weber, Gallagher and Shaw jerseys in order to be able to say, "hey they're loved here."

I look forward to getting my jersey in the mail. I've never had a red one and red is my favorite color! :habslogo:

When it comes to jerseys, my policy is only to buy the sweaters of retired Hall of Famers. But, glad to hear you're excited! :thumbs_up:

Guest Stogey24

Even-strength goals in past three #NHL seasons Tarasenko 87 Kane 77 Ovechkin 75 Crosby 74 Marchand 74 Pacioretty 74 Kucherov 71 Tavares 71

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Even-strength goals in past three #NHL seasons Tarasenko 87 Kane 77 Ovechkin 75 Crosby 74 Marchand 74 Pacioretty 74 Kucherov 71 Tavares 71

But when dosent score, he sucks, does nothing and is bad captain

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

I hate that Marchand is on that list :angry: 

33 minutes ago, DON said:

Marky looks pretty slow doing that drill and he's winded at the end but what can you expect when pushing 40.  Still want him back.

On 7/24/2017 at 10:52 AM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

When it comes to jerseys, my policy is only to buy the sweaters of retired Hall of Famers. But, glad to hear you're excited! :thumbs_up:

I said something similar in Markov's thread but the reason I was silent in response to this is because it immediately made me think, half seriously, that I should have purchased a Markov jersey as he may have soon filled at least one of those bills when it comes to the NHL. I was just hoping that it wouldn't be the case. As time wears on I'm sure my desire will wane, but I really wouldn't mind showing up to a Habs game in Anaheim or LA all the while sporting a Markov jersey. At the same time, I'm still looking forward to receiving my Weber jersey in the mail :)

• Upvote 1

Ryan Johansen gets eight years, $64 million with Nashville.  I wonder how much that will affect the Draisaitl talks although the two are in somewhat different situations (Johansen was a year away from UFA status while Draisaitl just finished his ELC).

Beaulieu gets $2.4 million per year for two years with Buffalo.  I'm surprised on a couple of counts.  I thought he'd come in more expensive than that (I had him inside the $3+ range on a long-term deal, $2.75M or so short-term) and this keeps him at RFA status (the late birth date gives him an extra year to work with) as well.

4 hours ago, DON said:

I kinda have strange wakes where I think Babcock was coach of the Habs, must be for a faction of a second in the same dimension where the Isls didn't hire milbury, lol

On 7/24/2017 at 1:52 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

# 4 agrees with you.:D

Long off-season.

31 days until training camp and Rookie Tournament. 
41 days until the first preseason game vs Bruins.
58 days until the season opener vs Beaulieu & his Sabres.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Vanek to Vancouver, one year, $2 million.  Nothing like signing with a team that you know is going to trade you in February when they're out of the race.

I like some of Van's young players, though. That they went and signed Sam Gagner and now Vanek suggests that Benning likes them less than I do, though - not that I think the team will be any good. But I do think they'll hang in there longer than people think, having finally turned the corner towards a critical mass of reasonably promising youth within the organization. But Lord knows I've been wrong before.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I like some of Van's young players, though. That they went and signed Sam Gagner and now Vanek suggests that Benning likes them less than I do, though - not that I think the team will be any good. But I do think they'll hang in there longer than people think, having finally turned the corner towards a critical mass of reasonably promising youth within the organization. But Lord knows I've been wrong before.

They have some good young talent but I don't trust their goaltending and the Sedins are clearly on the downswing.  And with the moves they're making, guys like Boeser and Goldobin could wind up in the minors to start which isn't a great idea.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic