The thread where every post trashes management so other threads can have a normal discussion

illWill

Self explanatory. This is the place to go to blow off some steam about how much you hate management and think they are stupid. We can talk about how much better we are than them and what great moves we would make if in those positions. Or if you'd like, perhaps we could come up with nicknames for them. I bet they will be funny at first, but we shouldn't overuse them because we don't want it to get too annoying in here. And don't worry about derailing every post, because every post will be about our incompetent management! 

I'll start it off

I still hold a grudge against Julien from his Boston days.

Whatever is going on down in the AHL needs to change

I dislike some of Bergevin's suits, especially the ones with pinstripes. 

I wish Molson didn't care about the language of a head coach. 

I'm starting to lose faith in Timmins.

Has anybody ever seen Dudley?  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DON said:

I am not a fan of Montoya's glove hand, Radulov's toothless grin, nor Benn's beard!:angry:

Oh come on Radulov's grin is hockey personified lol!

As for management bashing.. I'm growing tired of CHaracter. We should get a new motto, schill. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, illWill said:

Self explanatory. This is the place to go to blow off some steam about how much you hate management and think they are stupid. We can talk about how much better we are than them and what great moves we would make if in those positions. Or if you'd like, perhaps we could come up with nicknames for them. I bet they will be funny at first, but we shouldn't overuse them because we don't want it to get too annoying in here. And don't worry about derailing every post, because every post will be about our incompetent management! 

I'll start it off

I still hold a grudge against Julien from his Boston days.

Whatever is going on down in the AHL needs to change

I dislike some of Bergevin's suits, especially the ones with pinstripes. 

I wish Molson didn't care about the language of a head coach. 

I'm starting to lose faith in Timmins.

Has anybody ever seen Dudley?  

Good point on Timmons. Back in 2011-2013, there was almost a Carey Price level of "Timmons Bots" burping up his record of stealing players with 5th round picks and the number of players he's drafted that made the NHL. 

So what happened? This is a chicken-and-egg scenario where the development team, or so they call themselves, can be blamed as well. Trading picks doesn't help as well, though he made it work under Gainey and Gauthier. My knock on Timmons is that he's never been able to draft the bigger players. Whiffs all around, especially on first rounders.

9 hours ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

I'm still pissed at Mario Trembley:hammer:

No joke, I drafted all 3   Tremblay, Houle and Corey  in my keeper death pool.

• Upvote 1

I think Bergevin did a remarkable job early on with this team, but I don't trust him to make another big trade or do what required to get this team to Stanley Cup finals in the next 2 years

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Does this thread also get the blind management defenders to make posts defending them too... or do we need a new thread for those people?

Asking for a friend. 

This is a fun thread, but if anyone seriously thinks we can 'quarantine' all potshots at management to a single thread, well, they are taking an over-regulatory approach to human conversation ;)

• Upvote 3

In chronological order, I am still pissed at

Sam Pollock for retiring early which led to the loss of Scotty Bowman and to Grudman.

Grudman- not drafting Savard; Langway trade

Savard- Chelios trade; slyvian turgeon trade; the trade for Recchi.

Houle the fool: for the Roy trade and almost everything he did with the sole exception of drafting Markov 

Gainey- Koivu, Gomez and Mcdonagh

The Ghost- dragging the franchise into even more disrepute than Houle and giving the Squid away for the waste of space known as Rene Bourque

Bergevin for not getting more in the Subban trade and not getting a centre 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PMAC said:

In chronological order, I am still pissed at

Sam Pollock for retiring early which led to the loss of Scotty Bowman and Grudman

Grudman- not drafting Savard; Langway trade

Savard- Chelios trade; slyvian turgeon trade

Houle the fool: for the Roy trade and almost everything he did with the exception of drafting Markov 

Gainey- Koivu, Gomez and Mcdonagh

The Ghost- dragging the franchise into even more disrepute than Houle and giving the Squid away for the waste of space known as Rene Bourque

Bergevin for not getting more in the Subban trade and not getting a centre 

Good post (except of course you mean 'Pierre' Turgeon).

Ranking the Montreal GMs:

GREAT

1. Pollock by a country mile

VERY GOOD

2. Serge Savard. Two Cups, drafted some all-time greats, had some home run deals, and some total disasters.

AVERAGE

3. Bob Gainey. Two rebuilds, one by drafting and development, the other by free agency. Restored the Habs to respectability but could not actually build a contender.

BELOW AVERAGE

4. Bergevin. Hidebound and unable to properly identify and address team weaknesses. Also unable to draft and develop talent. However, largely due to a core derived from Gainey/Gauthier, his team has thus far been quite competitive, albeit not a true contender. If the team doesn't win within the next three years or so, his regime will go down as an era of total futility, because there is no 'next generation' ready to succeed this one.

BAD

5. Goat

ONE OF THE WORST GMS IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT AND UNQUESTIONABLY THE WORST IN HABS HISTORY

6. Houle.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Does this thread also get the blind management defenders to make posts defending them too... or do we need a new thread for those people?

Asking for a friend. 

Separate thread. I've noticed the "defenders" only "defend" when the spirit of a healthy conversation gets derailed for no apparent reason by blind hate towards management. Otherwise you don't hear much from them. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, illWill said:

Separate thread. I've noticed the "defenders" only "defend" when the spirit of a healthy conversation gets derailed for no apparent reason by blind hate towards management. Otherwise you don't hear much from them. 

Ah... so this is the thread where you be passive aggressive to other posters...

Good to know. 

55 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

GREAT

VERY GOOD

2. Serge Savard. Two Cups, drafted some all-time greats, had some home run deals, and some total disasters.

AVERAGE

3. Bob Gainey. Two rebuilds, one by drafting and development, the other by free agency. Restored the Habs to respectability but could not actually build a contender.

BELOW AVERAGE

4. Bergevin. Hidebound and unable to properly identify and address team weaknesses. Also unable to draft and develop talent. However, largely due to a core derived from Gainey/Gauthier, his team has thus far been quite competitive, albeit not a true contender. If the team doesn't win within the next three years or so, his regime will go down as an era of total futility, because there is no 'next generation' ready to succeed this one.

BAD

5. Goat

ONE OF THE WORST GMS IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT AND UNQUESTIONABLY THE WORST IN HABS HISTORY

6. Houle.

No, I think he meant he is piss at trading for Claude Lemieux for Sylvie turgeon.  I'm still pissed at that as well.

17 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Ah... so this is the thread where you be passive aggressive to other posters...

Good to know. 

No, this is where people who can't help but bring up and blame management in every single other thread can go and get it all off of their chest, in hopes that the rest of us can enjoy an insightful conversation for the first time in I can't even remember.  

I love this site and the differences of opinion and the debates. But when I can't read a string of posts without someone blaming management it takes away from the experience. There's no problem saying you hate management and explaining why when it's on topic, but it's absolutely brutal wasting my time sifting through some of the garbage posts that aren't even related to the conversation at hand. 

"Blind defenders" don't just derail threads to praise management for no reason. It only comes up when management is attacked, hence the word "defend". I tend to always be on the "defending" side of players and management because it tends to get a bit out of hand, even if I agree with some of the points made. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Actually, I did mean Sylvian who the Habs got when they dumped Claude Lemieux, but I can see the argument for including Pierre as well. 

GREAT

VERY GOOD

AVERAGE

BELOW AVERAGE

BAD

5. Goat

6. Houle.

27 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

No, I think he meant he is piss at trading for Claude Lemieux for Sylvie turgeon.  I'm still pissed at that as well.

Yes. That

32 minutes ago, illWill said:

No, this is where people who can't help but bring up and blame management in every single other thread can go and get it all off of their chest, in hopes that the rest of us can enjoy an insightful conversation for the first time in I can't even remember.  

I love this site and the differences of opinion and the debates. But when I can't read a string of posts without someone blaming management it takes away from the experience. There's no problem saying you hate management and explaining why when it's on topic, but it's absolutely brutal wasting my time sifting through some of the garbage posts that aren't even related to the conversation at hand. 

"Blind defenders" don't just derail threads to praise management for no reason. It only comes up when management is attacked, hence the word "defend". I tend to always be on the "defending" side of players and management because it tends to get a bit out of hand, even if I agree with some of the points made. 

Ok so you want the people who don't agree with you to be censored from giving opinions in other threads, because you think thats wasting your time. 

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Ok so you want the people who don't agree with you to be censored from giving opinions in other threads, because you think thats wasting your time. 

I think it's to prevent every.single.thread from becoming Price/Halak, or Weber/Subban, to borrow from two recent common thread derailment themes.

My thought on current management? I don't think they're forward thinking, or proactive enough, to effectively elevate this team into the upper echelon of NHL teams. They inherited a good roster and have not done enough to develop or augment the roster. I supported the management team until the collapse of last season, the foxhole, retaining Therrien past his sell-by date.

3 minutes ago, huzer said:

I think it's to prevent every.single.thread from becoming Price/Halak, or Weber/Subban, to borrow from two recent common thread derailment themes.

My thought on current management? I don't think they're forward thinking, or proactive enough, to effectively elevate this team into the upper echelon of NHL teams. They inherited a good roster and have not done enough to develop or augment the roster. I supported the management team until the collapse of last season, the foxhole, retaining Therrien past his sell-by date.

Its brian's site... if Brian asks me to direct my posting so that I only post certain things in certain places, I'll do it. 

Anybody else... if you don't like it... the ignore list is that way. 

This organization is in trouble when it comes to prospects and development and drafting. We have no one in the farm system that we can call up to play a big roll or challenge these guys for roster spots.  what happen after bob left??????? With bob we were close to the top when it comes to prospects. But now we got no good blue chip prospects.

i don't understand that this organization doesn't see that this is a big big problem. We need to fix the way we draft and develop our players.

50 minutes ago, Commandant said:

For an intelligent person, your reading comprehension could use some work. 

Stupid Bergy...trading away a future multiple Norris winner for a smurf forward, that he could of had for just a pick not too long ago!:wall: