Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Commandant

Jonathan Drouin is a Hab. Mikhail Sergachev is not. 2018 conditional picks exchanged.

Recommended Posts

hab29RETIRED    175
3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Well, it's nice to think we got ourselves Torey Krug 2.0. I feel that size remains overrated in NHL circles. All the same, Sergachev is one of the very best D-prospects in hockey...probably unwise to slot Mete in as a comparable. It'll be exciting to see if VM can maintain his success once actual hockey games start, and if he can avoid the usual midseason crash and burn that so often befalls rookies.

Agreed.  To use a Boston comparable, if we had the choice, who would we rather have, krug, or Dougie Hamilton (who Boston valued led to chiarrelli’s during)?  From everything I’ve read, expectations and ceiling for Sergechev are higher than Hamilton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
illWill    432

What a great trade, landing a #1 center...a hometown boy at that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    278

I'm not comparing the two, because obviously Sergachev has a higher pedigree, but he never turned heads like Mete has at camp( take that as you will).

 

This trade looks pretty juicy, if mete comes out of the woodwork as a quality offensive defensemen. 

 

The only reason I didn't LOVE the trade is because there was no Sergachev replacement... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

I'm not comparing the two, because obviously Sergachev has a higher pedigree, but he never turned heads like Mete has at camp( take that as you will).

 

This trade looks pretty juicy, if mete comes out of the woodwork as a quality offensive defensemen. 

 

The only reason I didn't LOVE the trade is because there was no Sergachev replacement... 

 

Mete emerging as a legit top-4 puck-mover would help a ton, that's for sure. And, as a few of us noted earlier in the thread, if Drouin turns out to be a viable #1C then the trade is a win for Montreal even if it's not a pure "win" when you compare the two players on paper, just because of what a gaping organizational hole he'll be filling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dalhabs    81

Heres hoping for a catastrophe season for the isles and chaos in their lockerroom and Tavares being traded to us at the deadline or earlier. 🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    633
21 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

I'm not comparing the two, because obviously Sergachev has a higher pedigree, but he never turned heads like Mete has at camp( take that as you will).

 

This trade looks pretty juicy, if mete comes out of the woodwork as a quality offensive defensemen. 

 

The only reason I didn't LOVE the trade is because there was no Sergachev replacement... 

 

Mete is also a year older than Sergachev was at last year's camp. 

Sergachev has turned heads at this year's lightning camp and is starting the season in their top 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    278

You've watched him there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    633
45 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

You've watched him there?

 

No, but all the reports have been glowing out of tampa reporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    278
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

No, but all the reports have been glowing out of tampa reporters.

Well there's no question I'd take Sergachev over Mete. I just never saw the same type of smooth skating and ability to recover after pinch that Mete brings. Sergachev almost looked lazy in his own end at times too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    633
7 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Well there's no question I'd take Sergachev over Mete. I just never saw the same type of smooth skating and ability to recover after pinch that Mete brings. Sergachev almost looked lazy in his own end at times too. 

 

The defensive side of the puck was Sergachev's biggest improvement in Windsor last season.  He got a lot better.  That I did see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    278

Bergevin on mete “As we speak today, he’s on the ice,” said Bergevin. “I can remember clearly that, if I compare last year’s camp of Sergachev with this year’s camp of Mete, I think Mete had a better camp. So far, Mete deserves to be here. Will he stay? That remains to be seen. We have some time to decide.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zumpano21    44

While I have been a fan of MB thus far, we’re beginning to lose the lustre of his tenure.

 

It seems that his most notorious mistakes, - Weber for Subban and letting Markov walk - seem to involve the D corps. I can’t help but think he systematically undervalues or mishandles our defence.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DON    37
10 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

While I have been a fan of MB thus far, we’re beginning to lose the lustre of his tenure.

 

It seems that his most notorious mistakes, - Weber for Subban and letting Markov walk - seem to involve the D corps. I can’t help but think he systematically undervalues or mishandles our defence.

Notorious mistake..Weber? You lost all credibility right there.:angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zumpano21    44
26 minutes ago, DON said:

Notorious mistake..Weber? You lost all credibility right there.:angry:

 

This post will still be here in 3 years right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DON    37
1 hour ago, zumpano21 said:

 

This post will still be here in 3 years right?

Maybe admin can remove for you?

Post is just over the top, that's all, don't be too embarrassed.:B)

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zumpano21    44
28 minutes ago, DON said:

Maybe admin can remove for you?

Post is just over the top, that's all, don't be too embarrassed.:B)

 

 

:lol:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×