Nathan Beaulieu Dealt to Sabres for 3rd Round Pick

Habsfan84

horrible trade.  We should be protecting him over Benn.  Trade a former 1st rounder who will be a top 4 dman, so we can draft another 4th liner.  Typical MB move.

2 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

3rd rounder?  Thats all we could get? Wouldnt it be better trying to keep him?

Apparent that his value was low since I'm sure MB took the best offer but at that payment he was much better off keeping him. Obviously they wanted to protect Benn. Even if you leave Beaulieu exposed to Vegas I would rather lose him that way then for a third rounder. At least then he's the player Vegas takes and you don't lose a Hudon which could very well be the case now.

Better be something else in the works cause our D just got worse.

3 minutes ago, habs rule said:

This has got to be joke right? A 3rd rounder? where is the rest of the trade? Like maybe the 1st that comes with the 3rd.

I think you're going to see a few deals like this in the next hour where players go for less value than expected so they ensure they get something other than lose him for nothing.  (I also wouldn't be shocked if there's another trade coming.)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

Apparent that his value was low since I'm sure MB took the best offer but at that payment he was much better off keeping him. Obviously they wanted to protect Benn. Even if you leave Beaulieu exposed to Vegas I would rather lose him that way then for a third rounder. At least then he's the player Vegas takes and you don't lose a Hudon which could very well be the case now.

Better be something else in the works cause our D just got worse.

I think this stupid move all but ensures that Galchenyuk will be given a way for a top 4 damn.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Jeez. Brutal. The MB regime simply does not appear to value either young players or puck-moving defencemen.

no 4th liners and bottom pairing character guys is how you build a cup winner.  because if you actually make the playoffs, those are the guys that will get you through the playoffs.:blink:

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Jeez. Brutal. The MB regime simply does not appear to value either young players or puck-moving defencemen.

He will now trade Galchenyuk for a young puck moving defenceman. Who he will flip for a 4th liner.

One thing we had was a deep defence pool...all gone.  Now we have scrubs and aging former stars..  and still no number one centre.  

Scouting and development has really sucked, and I lean towards the development being a problem. They simply can't seem to coach younger players, who will make mistakes. They expect them to be old, safe and boring, then wonder why thy can't score or develop. 

This team gets gets worse every year... MB should have been fired before the Subban trade. 

Just now, Dalhabs said:

Id skip the 3rd rounder if that means Nate would play for the knights instead of a division rival...

Good point.. If you're gonna get a third, at least send him West.. maybe Arizona, Vegas, Colorado.. get him out of the Division

1 minute ago, kaos said:

Does anyone have any faith that Bergevin won t #### up the Galchenyuk trade? Someone talk me off the ledge here, I'm gonna jump....

i'd walk you off, but may jump before you...

Habs better be trading for a better defenseman than Beaulieu that needs to be protected, otherwise Bergevin just valued Benn or Emelin over Beaulieu, and that's ####ing insane.