Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Habsfan1989

We really need to fix our development problems

31 posts in this topic

It's sad that in the last 20 years we only have 3 1st round picks on our roster. Price, Pacioretty and for now Galchenyuk. Our drafting and development really needs to be address and fixed. It's going to become hard for this team to make any trades unless it's a roster player going the other way. I think this drouin trade could be the last for us. When it comes to trading prospects.

 

i think it's time to blow up the drafting and development scouting team we have, and bring in new people.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have finally come around. I agree. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a topic i believe everyone can agree on. 

 

It's been average at best for the 20+ years

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the whole department needs a make over. 1st fire Mark down Mark then fire the rest and hire the absolute best guys for the jobs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafting isn't the problem

Player development is 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it wasn't that bad under Gainey and Goat (which sounds like a musical act, or a furniture company, but never mind). I mean, Price, Patches, Pleks, Subban, and Gallagher were the core Bergevin inherited - those are some damned nice pieces. What seems clear is that player development, at the very least, has been absolute crap since Marky Mark and his Funky Bunch took over. It's all about his bum buddies instead of results. They should all be canned before the damage becomes irreparable IMHO.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that since Marc has been here he has never develop his own core players. In the 5 years  that his been here , he has no impact players that he has developed.

 

bob in his time here had price,pac,gally,pk,halak, plekanec,

emelin

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Habsfan1989 said:

The problem is that since Marc has been here he has never develop his own core players. In the 5 years  that his been here , he has no impact players that he has developed.

 

bob in his time here had price,pac,gally,pk,halak, plekanec,

emelin

:rolleyes:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DON said:

:rolleyes:

Would you care to explain what this smile is about for us others who doesnt understand?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Would you care to explain what this smile is about for us others who doesnt understand?

 

It's an eye roll.

 

He's rolling his eyes at Habsfan1989's post.

 

giphy.gif

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Habsfan1989 said:

The problem is that since Marc has been here he has never develop his own core players. In the 5 years  that his been here , he has no impact players that he has developed.

 

bob in his time here had price,pac,gally,pk,halak, plekanec,

emelin

id remove plex 

also, Emelin developed in Russia 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that we need some new people with fresh ideas. The "old way" of thinking and doing things does not work anymore. Our culture has changed and young people think and respond differently than they did a few generations ago.

 

The old boys club mentality that views character as looking a certain way is out of touch. Having opinions and a voice does not equal lack of character and challenging the decisions of superiors does not equal troublemaker. 

 

Not sure how this group can grow and lead and develop young people when their main concern is their perception of character and pushing that instead of looking to develop a players talent.

 

That's what it looks like to me anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I think that we need some new people with fresh ideas. The "old way" of thinking and doing things does not work anymore. Our culture has changed and young people think and respond differently than they did a few generations ago.

 

The old boys club mentality that views character as looking a certain way is out of touch. Having opinions and a voice does not equal lack of character and challenging the decisions of superiors does not equal troublemaker. 

 

Not sure how this group can grow and lead and develop young people when their main concern is their perception of character and pushing that instead of looking to develop a players talent.

 

That's what it looks like to me anyway.

 

It's actually a perceptive observation.  It is fairly routine for companies looking to attract and retain Millennials to adapt their organizational culture to Millennial expectations and attitudes. As an educator, I *certainly* would not rigidly refuse to adapt or adjust my message and techniques as the culture around me shifts. And Millennial is exactly what young NHLers are. When the old guard talks about Doing Things The Right Way, they all too often mean 'the way Gary Roberts did it.' But Gary Roberts is old enough to be their father or maybe grandfather at this point. It's not about imposing your will and values on the kids. It's about empowering them to excel. I see little evidence that this regime has a clue about that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lefebvre has to go. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lefebvre has to go. 

So does daigneult

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

So does daigneult

 

Daigneault has already been confirmed to return - we can still hold out a slim bit of hope on Lefebvre not returning.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Daigneault has already been confirmed to return - we can still hold out a slim bit of hope on Lefebvre not returning.

He should have been gone the first day this team was out of the playoffs 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He should have been gone the first day this team was out of the playoffs 

It was Muller's group (forwards) who didn't produce, not the defense. So, why should JJD go and not Muller?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DON said:

It was Muller's group (forwards) who didn't produce, not the defense. So, why should JJD go and not Muller?

The defensive break downs this team had all season long were ridiculous. 

 

Near the end of the season, when Julien got here, they did turn it around for a bit. Then as the playoffs went on, the defensive lapses crept back in. 

 

I can't believe that Julien didn't try to get his own personnel in there 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

I can't believe that Julien didn't try to get his own personnel in there

 

Most of 'his' coaching staff is still in Boston though.  When he left, Cassidy got promoted and the rest of the staff stayed intact.  He could have maybe brought Doug Jarvis back but that didn't end too well the first time he was in Montreal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only first round picks.

1st and 2nds post McD/Patches/Subban draft

 

Danny Kristo Bust Traded 
Louis LeBlanc Bust Traded 
Jared Tinordi Bust Traded
Nathan Beaulieu Traded for 3rd
Sebastien Collberg probably Bust but Traded in Vanek deal to nyi
Dalton Thrower Bust in echl
Jacob Dela Rose max a 4th line grinder
Zach Fucale played most of last season in echl
Sergachev Traded 

 

Still hope for
Michael McCarron probably a 3c but could be a 2c if Jesus helps
Mikhail Sherbak kid does look sick
 Noah Juulsen people like

 

On Montreal
Galchenyuk for now
Arrthuri Lehkonen looks good as a 2nd liner

 

Since Lefebvre took over the AHL team (with Beaulieu gone) we have NO players who have made the transition.

Our only two prospects since the 08 draft both skipped/ignored AHL.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's almost like Bergevin keeps Lefebvre in place to spite fans. I'm kidding of course, but why can't the team management see the failure of development?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, huzer said:

It's almost like Bergevin keeps Lefebvre in place to spite fans. I'm kidding of course, but why can't the team management see the failure of development?

You really think they don't know exactly how they have done over past several years?

But, will be interesting to see if more effort is put into winning this year, now that are in Laval?

Will have a couple prospects starting in AHL in the fall, with Addison, Juulsen, Bourque, McNivan and hopefully Reway all suiting up.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they know its bad.  I think its also hard to fire the guy when you are godfather to his child, so excuses are made. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0