We really need to fix our development problems

Habsfan1989

It's sad that in the last 20 years we only have 3 1st round picks on our roster. Price, Pacioretty and for now Galchenyuk. Our drafting and development really needs to be address and fixed. It's going to become hard for this team to make any trades unless it's a roster player going the other way. I think this drouin trade could be the last for us. When it comes to trading prospects.

i think it's time to blow up the drafting and development scouting team we have, and bring in new people.

I think it wasn't that bad under Gainey and Goat (which sounds like a musical act, or a furniture company, but never mind). I mean, Price, Patches, Pleks, Subban, and Gallagher were the core Bergevin inherited - those are some damned nice pieces. What seems clear is that player development, at the very least, has been absolute crap since Marky Mark and his Funky Bunch took over. It's all about his bum buddies instead of results. They should all be canned before the damage becomes irreparable IMHO.

The problem is that since Marc has been here he has never develop his own core players. In the 5 years  that his been here , he has no impact players that he has developed.

bob in his time here had price,pac,gally,pk,halak, plekanec,

emelin

11 minutes ago, Habsfan1989 said:

The problem is that since Marc has been here he has never develop his own core players. In the 5 years  that his been here , he has no impact players that he has developed.

emelin

:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Would you care to explain what this smile is about for us others who doesnt understand?

It's an eye roll.

He's rolling his eyes at Habsfan1989's post.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Habsfan1989 said:

emelin

id remove plex 

also, Emelin developed in Russia 

I think that we need some new people with fresh ideas. The "old way" of thinking and doing things does not work anymore. Our culture has changed and young people think and respond differently than they did a few generations ago.

The old boys club mentality that views character as looking a certain way is out of touch. Having opinions and a voice does not equal lack of character and challenging the decisions of superiors does not equal troublemaker. 

Not sure how this group can grow and lead and develop young people when their main concern is their perception of character and pushing that instead of looking to develop a players talent.

That's what it looks like to me anyway.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I think that we need some new people with fresh ideas. The "old way" of thinking and doing things does not work anymore. Our culture has changed and young people think and respond differently than they did a few generations ago.

The old boys club mentality that views character as looking a certain way is out of touch. Having opinions and a voice does not equal lack of character and challenging the decisions of superiors does not equal troublemaker. 

Not sure how this group can grow and lead and develop young people when their main concern is their perception of character and pushing that instead of looking to develop a players talent.

That's what it looks like to me anyway.

It's actually a perceptive observation.  It is fairly routine for companies looking to attract and retain Millennials to adapt their organizational culture to Millennial expectations and attitudes. As an educator, I *certainly* would not rigidly refuse to adapt or adjust my message and techniques as the culture around me shifts. And Millennial is exactly what young NHLers are. When the old guard talks about Doing Things The Right Way, they all too often mean 'the way Gary Roberts did it.' But Gary Roberts is old enough to be their father or maybe grandfather at this point. It's not about imposing your will and values on the kids. It's about empowering them to excel. I see little evidence that this regime has a clue about that.

51 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lefebvre has to go. 

So does daigneult

Guest Stogey24
50 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Daigneault has already been confirmed to return - we can still hold out a slim bit of hope on Lefebvre not returning.

He should have been gone the first day this team was out of the playoffs 

19 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He should have been gone the first day this team was out of the playoffs 

It was Muller's group (forwards) who didn't produce, not the defense. So, why should JJD go and not Muller?

Guest Stogey24
33 minutes ago, DON said:

It was Muller's group (forwards) who didn't produce, not the defense. So, why should JJD go and not Muller?

The defensive break downs this team had all season long were ridiculous. 

Near the end of the season, when Julien got here, they did turn it around for a bit. Then as the playoffs went on, the defensive lapses crept back in. 

I can't believe that Julien didn't try to get his own personnel in there 

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

I can't believe that Julien didn't try to get his own personnel in there

Most of 'his' coaching staff is still in Boston though.  When he left, Cassidy got promoted and the rest of the staff stayed intact.  He could have maybe brought Doug Jarvis back but that didn't end too well the first time he was in Montreal.

Not only first round picks.

1st and 2nds post McD/Patches/Subban draft

Danny Kristo Bust Traded 
Louis LeBlanc Bust Traded 
Jared Tinordi Bust Traded
Nathan Beaulieu Traded for 3rd
Sebastien Collberg probably Bust but Traded in Vanek deal to nyi
Dalton Thrower Bust in echl
Jacob Dela Rose max a 4th line grinder
Zach Fucale played most of last season in echl
Sergachev Traded 

Still hope for
Michael McCarron probably a 3c but could be a 2c if Jesus helps
Mikhail Sherbak kid does look sick
 Noah Juulsen people like

On Montreal
Galchenyuk for now
Arrthuri Lehkonen looks good as a 2nd liner

Since Lefebvre took over the AHL team (with Beaulieu gone) we have NO players who have made the transition.

Our only two prospects since the 08 draft both skipped/ignored AHL.

7 minutes ago, huzer said:

It's almost like Bergevin keeps Lefebvre in place to spite fans. I'm kidding of course, but why can't the team management see the failure of development?

You really think they don't know exactly how they have done over past several years?

But, will be interesting to see if more effort is put into winning this year, now that are in Laval?

Will have a couple prospects starting in AHL in the fall, with Addison, Juulsen, Bourque, McNivan and hopefully Reway all suiting up.