Defence woes

titanfan

25 minutes ago, habs rule said:

if we could get Markov for 2 years 7 mill? I would sign that in a heartbeat. So will markie.

I can't see markov signing for less than $4.5m.  More likely he will want $5m+ given his stats

8 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I can't see markov signing for less than $4.5m.  More likely he will want $5m+ given his stats

Indeed. Just because he wants to play here doesn't mean he's doing charity work. Now maybe if he give him two years, we can drop the cap hit somewhat, but $4.5 sounds pretty low for a guy who is a #2 defenceman on the depth chart.

6 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Indeed. Just because he wants to play here doesn't mean he's doing charity work. Now maybe if he give him two years, we can drop the cap hit somewhat, but $4.5 sounds pretty low for a guy who is a #2 defenceman on the depth chart.

i was responding to mineral post. I would sign him and so would everyone else. not likely to happen but it is a great dream.

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Habs to meet with Alzner 

Ugh. Chalk it up as due dilligence and nothing more? Stats-wise, he's a bottom pair, and we've already got Schlemko for that. 

They need both, Davidson and Jerebek are fill ins, bottom pair guys. 

Schlemko from reports skates pretty well and can move the puck, 

they also need someone with size, to kill penalties and bring a physical element to the game, which i think Alzner does. 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

They need both, Davidson and Jerebek are fill ins, bottom pair guys. 

Schlemko from reports skates pretty well and can move the puck, 

they also need someone with size, to kill penalties and bring a physical element to the game, which i think Alzner does. 

You need to fill your top 4 D and top 6 skater roles, see how much you are spending on them and than see what's left for the bottom pair D and bottom 6 forwards.  

You don't commit to the bottom half of your lineup (I.e. Shaw) otherwise you may not have enough to spend to address more pressing needs. Alzner would be an overpay.  He would have been a good partner for Subban.  With Weber, we need to get him someone who can skate and move the puck faster.

4 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Exactly.

Weber needs to be partnered with puck moving d-man. 

Well, he had Emelin...what more could Weber ask for?

11 hours ago, DON said:

Well, he had Emelin...what more could Weber ask for?

The biggest indictment of Beaulieu is his failure to take advantage of being paired with Weber. Weber even made Emelin look good for a while. For N8 to have blown that gift-wrapped opportunity to become a top-4 guy really says something.

• Upvote 1