Free Agent Day Thread

dlbalr

4 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

Whatever, Radu is gone.  We can bitch all we want about MB's offer, DAL's offer, his agent spinning things - but who cares.  He's a Star and time to move on.

Yep, move on with an offence even more impotent than last year's, from the look of it.:thumbs_up:

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yep, move on with an offence even more impotent than last year's, from the look of it.:thumbs_up:

You can look at it that way sure.

Or maybe Gallagher and Plex(unlikely) bounce back.

I think Drouin can easily replace Radulov's offence. He had a tendency to take super long shifts and just be a gassed out hog out their at times.

Also you have to take into account he was playing his heart out for his next contract last year. Now that he is signed long term who knows how he will perform. He has a history of screwing over teams in the NHL, we gave him a shot and he screwed us as well. He was selling how he was a changed mature family man and a year later he is divorced with his wife claiming he hasn't changed.

Whatever Radulov 

6 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

You can look at it that way sure.

Or maybe Gallagher and Plex(unlikely) bounce back.

I think Drouin can easily replace Radulov's offence. He had a tendency to take super long shifts and just be a gassed out hog out their at times.

Also you have to take into account he was playing his heart out for his next contract last year. Now that he is signed long term who knows how he will perform. He has a history of screwing over teams in the NHL, we gave him a shot and he screwed us as well. He was selling how he was a changed mature family man and a year later he is divorced with his wife claiming he hasn't changed.

Whatever Radulov 

I agree that Drouin replaces Radu's offence - at the cost of our best prospect. Talk about running to stand still.

What I don't see is how replacing a 40-point defenceman with a 13-point defenceman represents anything other than a loss to the offensive game.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I agree that Drouin replaces Radu's offence - at the cost of our best prospect. Talk about running to stand still.

What I don't see is how replacing a 40-point defenceman with a 13-point defenceman represents anything other than a loss to the offensive game.

Running to stand still? Drouin is 22 years old man. Has tremendous upside and could become a star player for many years to come.

I hope Markov comes back he has always been one of my favourite players but we added more than Alzner on the back end, maybe Jerabek and Shlemko might surprise us.

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's okay. Montreal protected the great Jordie Benn over Nathan Beaulieu. His 17 points with Alzner's 13? No problem replacing the points on the backend.

Imagine for a moment, If we hadn't traded for Drouin and the current line up was without Radulov and Markov

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Danault - Hemsky

Byron - Plekanec - Shaw

Hudon - McCaron - Martinsen/Mitchell

Sergachev - Weber

Alzner - Petry

Schlemko - Benn

that makes you comfortable? you think that Line up is any better than the one we have now? You think Sergachev would thrive from being forced into a spot he may not even be ready for? To get chewed up by other team's top players, and look at that top 6, thing of beauty that is. So tell me now with a little perspective, how important for next season keeping our best prospect looks in comparison now.

Sadly when I look at that line up I realize that our weakest position there isn't actually Center anymore, but RW, how messed up is that?

1 hour ago, Scott462 said:

Running to stand still? Drouin is 22 years old man. Has tremendous upside and could become a star player for many years to come.

I hope Markov comes back he has always been one of my favourite players but we added more than Alzner on the back end, maybe Jerabek and Shlemko might surprise us.

Yeah, maybe they will both be co winners of the Norris?

Or maybe pigs, or MB will start flying

2 hours ago, DON said:

Or he simply sees Dallas as more of a contender?

If I'm Radulov, and even if money and term are equal, I have to ask myself if I'd rather play with Tyler Seguin as my center...or Philip f-ing Danault. 

MB's failure to secure a quality center is a factor in this, I am 100% convinced.

After going through all the permutations on cap friendly... ie a chuck contract (5.5-6 per year), jerabek/jdlr/hudon make roster... holland/morrow/martinsen don't.... 1.5 million in extra space for injuries and deadline. 

Here is what I come up with.

Approx 6-6.5 million to spend.... 22 players on the roster. 

So this team has room to acquire an impact player if it wants to make a trade, or it can sign markov. 

9 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Alex Radulov says Habs offered same deal as Stars only after he agreed with Stars. At that point it was too late because he already agreed.

Ouch.

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

For those dreaming of a Yakapov Galchenyuk reunion, unless he gets shipped to Colorado, it aint happening. 

I can't believe if MB wanted to roll the dice on a player, he would go with a useless turd like hemsky, rather than a young player like yakapov.  Yakapov still has upside, hemsky is done.

• Upvote 2

Anyone know what the deal is with yakapov at the end of this year?  Will he be a UFA again, or because of his age revert to being an RFA?

Guest Stogey24
30 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Not hearing any rumours about The General. Any word on that front?

Gotta think he resigns 

Funny that Alzner and Drouin were both #27.... Not to mention Martinsen when he was in Colorado. Hint hint Galchenyuk.

It's also too bad Pietrangelo (27) and Dougie Hamilton (27) are both right handed shots. 

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

UFA 

Thanks.  Well if he turns things around, we may still have a shot at him.  That's who I would have taken a flyer on, over hemsky.