Free Agent Day Thread

dlbalr

Vancouver's going to be busy today - it looks like they're getting Gagner and Del Zotto among others.  Del Zotto is reportedly coming in at two years, $3M per.  That's not bad for them.

Just now, dlbalr said:

Vancouver's going to be busy today - it looks like they're getting Gagner and Del Zotto among others.  Del Zotto is reportedly coming in at two years, $3M per.  That's not bad for them.

Gagner is a bit odd, seeing as they have Henrik for at least one more year, Horvat, and Sutter down the middle. Maybe this is a sign that the Sedins are definitely retiring after this season?

Guest Stogey24

Del zotto had a pretty rough season, but that's a guy I feel Bergevin  should have gone after. He's dirt cheap and can atleast bring some offense  

4 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Del zotto had a pretty rough season, but that's a guy I feel Bergevin  should have gone after. He's dirt cheap and can atleast bring some offense  

I had the same thought. He'd have been a classic Bargain Bin Bergevin signing.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Apparently (and I didn't hear this on the broadcast so I don't know for sure if it was actually said) the Habs have a four year, $24M offer to Radulov per Sportsnet.

I hope its true and he accepts...

I expect nothing, so I wont be disappointed, but might be surprised.

I really just want this team to go back to being exciting to watch, I hate the way the team played last season.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Apparently (and I didn't hear this on the broadcast so I don't know for sure if it was actually said) the Habs have a four year, $24M offer to Radulov per Sportsnet.

That'd be good.

Guest Stogey24

Duchene to Nashvile 

False. Friedman thought it was Duchene going to Nashville for Colin Wilson and pick. 

I was going to lose it for that price 

39 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That is fair value for sure, if this is in fact true, then I would put much more blame on Radulov for wanting to leave than MB for letting him go. 

27 minutes ago, bar said:

I expect nothing, so I wont be disappointed, but might be surprised.

I really just want this team to go back to being exciting to watch, I hate the way the team played last season.

Drouin will be exciting. As for the rest...yeeesh

I'm surprised by the money for some of the goalies - Steve Mason is coming off a bad year and still gets $4.1 million a season with Winnipeg.  Chad Johnson signs for $2.5M in Buffalo which is a bit more than high end backup money.

8 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Not a favourable competition for Montreal. Dallas has tons of cap space.

Doesn't matter to me anymore, all I am seeing proves the complete opposite of what was being assumed for weeks now, that MB was just letting Radulov walk. He is in the hunt still, right to the end, and if Radulov goes to Dallas because they offered more with their extra cap space, then the Choice was on him, it will be Radulov who chose to take a bit more money and go to Dallas.

I almost started to believe the rhetoric that MB was clueless and letting Radulov walk having only mustered a small effort to retain him. This is looking a lot more like Radulov is being greedy with his last big contract, than MB is a moron who didn't do much to keep him.