Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Free Agent Day Thread

Recommended Posts

dlbalr    676
4 minutes ago, sim.on said:

The Kulikov and Bonino contracts look so reasonable. I guess they were not interested in MTL? 

 

There were rumblings the Habs were on Bonino's shortlist.  It was also reported he turned down 4 x 4.5 from a couple of teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sim.on    32

I guess going somewhere that has a good chance to win was important to him. I hope MTL could use this to their advantage more.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlbalr    676

Hanzal - 3 x 4.75 with Dallas.  That's pricey for a 2B/3A centre, but expected given the market. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hab29RETIRED    169
26 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

 

Not a favourable competition for Montreal. Dallas has tons of cap space.

and a huge tax advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dalhabs    80

Lol.  We are turning into the leafs... signing holland and froese. 😂😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris    2

Those are minor league depth deals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Link67 said:

 

Doesn't matter to me anymore, all I am seeing proves the complete opposite of what was being assumed for weeks now, that MB was just letting Radulov walk. He is in the hunt still, right to the end, and if Radulov goes to Dallas because they offered more with their extra cap space, then the Choice was on him, it will be Radulov who chose to take a bit more money and go to Dallas.

 

I almost started to believe the rhetoric that MB was clueless and letting Radulov walk having only mustered a small effort to retain him. This is looking a lot more like Radulov is being greedy with his last big contract, than MB is a moron who didn't do much to keep him.

 

It all depends on the final deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toronthab    300

I will sure miss this guy if he goes... please Lord....:(  It is the Habs after all... Your team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sim.on    32

Colin Wilson for a 2019 4th rounder could have worked.  Short term bonino type player.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toronthab    300
13 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Lol.  We are turning into the leafs... signing holland and froese. 😂😢

 

You're just trying to terrify me....:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlbalr    676
3 minutes ago, sim.on said:

Colin Wilson for a 2019 4th rounder could have worked.  Short term bonino type player.

 

It's a cap hit of nearly $4 million though.  They can't really afford that if they want to add other pieces.  Also, Wilson is more of a winger than a centre now.

 

Cammalleri to LA, one year, $1M plus some bonuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlbalr    676

Brian Flynn to Dallas, one year, two-way deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Brian Flynn to Dallas, one year, two-way deal.

 

Dallas ready to sign all the former Habs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DON    27

Supposedly Habs have given Radulov and Markov final offers. Would be sweet to see both back next season.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlbalr    676
3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Shattenkirk to rangers- 4yrs 6.9 per

 

Looks like it's a bit less than that, the new report is 6.65 x 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlbalr    676

Vrbata to Florida.  He was probably one of the fall-back plans for Radulov. 

 

I wonder if New Jersey is going to get into the Radulov bidding.  They've got plenty of cap space to work with; are they going to try to make a splash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    255

I have zero faith in Beregvin.

 

This team has nothing to trade for legit #2 centre, unless it's Chucky, which I think is just a lateral move at best  

 

The defense has been completely flipped upside down and has even less scoring ability now. 

 

I just cannot see how Beregvin betters this team without making a giant subtraction to this roster... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sbhatt    21
Just now, Stogey24 said:

I have zero faith in Beregvin.

 

This team has nothing to trade for legit #2 centre, unless it's Chucky, which I think is just a lateral move at best  

 

The defense has been completely flipped upside down and has even less scoring ability now. 

 

I just cannot see how Beregvin betters this team without making a giant subtraction to this roster... 

 

At this point, you have to think he has all of his eggs in the Thornton band-aid solution basket.  If not, this team is going to be terrible at center yet again next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nhfarber    9
19 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

 

At this point, you have to think he has all of his eggs in the Thornton band-aid solution basket.  If not, this team is going to be terrible at center yet again next season.

 

Lets hope not. Thornton just re-upped with SJ for one year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlbalr    676

Kunitz to Tampa, one year, $2M.

 

Now-former Hab prospect Keegan Lowe lands a one year deal with Edmonton.  I'm still a bit surprised they didn't keep him around for one more year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlbalr    676

 

I caught the tail end of Kypreos talking about Markov about 20 minutes ago - I missed this specific part but I did hear him suggest the Habs were out entirely on Markov and have turned their focus to trading for his replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXx..CK..xXx    146
6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

I caught the tail end of Kypreos talking about Markov about 20 minutes ago - I missed this specific part but I did hear him suggest the Habs were out entirely on Markov and have turned their focus to trading for his replacement.

It hasn't happened yet but it really makes my head spin.

 

Trade Sergachev, acquire Drouin.

 

Lose Markov

 

Trade Galchenyuk, acquire Markov's replacement

 

Galchenyuk for Drouin

Sergachev for Makov's replacement

 

OK, but why?

 

Still early, just seems the most common assumption amongst people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zowpeb    7

If I'm Radulov a 6 year deal isn't great...he's 36 at the end and would likely get a poor 2-3 year offer at that time unless he's "ageless" in his performance.  A 4 year deal makes sense because he could get another 4 year deal after that with more dollars per year then after a 6 year deal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep coming on here hoping to see a "Radulov re-signs!" thread.

 

Obviously, no such luck as yet...

 

As for the rumour that the Habs want Markov out to "change the culture," I thought getting rid of a Norris-winner and Cup finalist was supposed to accomplish that? That's right, MB keep blaming the 'culture' :rolleyes: Anyone but the GM, right?

 

Anyhow, let's hope we can lock up Radu, add a top-2 LD (!) and somehow fill the gap at C, assuming that Drouin/Galy is not an acceptable configuration down the middle for Team Fuddy Duddy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hab29RETIRED    169
43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I keep coming on here hoping to see a "Radulov re-signs!" thread.

 

Obviously, no such luck as yet...

 

As for the rumour that the Habs want Markov out to "change the culture," I thought getting rid of a Norris-winner and Cup finalist was supposed to accomplish that? That's right, MB keep blaming the 'culture' :rolleyes: Anyone but the GM, right?

 

Anyhow, let's hope we can lock up Radu, add a top-2 LD (!) and somehow fill the gap at C, assuming that Drouin/Galy is not an acceptable configuration down the middle for Team Fuddy Duddy.

 

 

I think if markov isn't back, galchenyuk is as good as gone.  Who else is he going to trade for a markov replacement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×