Habs sign Peter Holland

dlbalr

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, the Leafs *are* a superior organization...makes sense that we take their rejects

they just signed hainsey for two years at $3M/yr. I'd take that over Alzner's contract.

In all seriousness (and actually relevant to the topic), Holland is probably a top liner with Laval to start the season.  Between him and Froese, they're actually trying to add pieces that will make the Rocket competitive.  Nice to see.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

In all seriousness (and actually relevant to the topic), Holland is probably a top liner with Laval to start the season.  Between him and Froese, they're actually trying to add pieces that will make the Rocket competitive.  Nice to see.

That's what I thought when I saw this. I actually hope it's a sign that MB is addressing that part of development. I recall him saying years ago that the farm team would primarily be prospects. Some veteran ahler players should teach the kids how to win. 

17 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

That's what I thought when I saw this. I actually hope it's a sign that MB is addressing that part of development. I recall him saying years ago that the farm team would primarily be prospects. Some veteran ahler players should teach the kids how to win. 

So he finally woke up after 5 years on the job and realized that he should have veterans to teach the kids??????  Really?????

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

So he finally woke up after 5 years on the job and realized that he should have veterans to teach the kids??????  Really?????

More likely Molson told him, "I want a winning team in Laval."

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Neech said:

There goes De La Rose's spot!

I wouldn't necessarily say that.  Holland's likely Laval-bound while I doubt they'd risk running de la Rose through waivers.

Gives depth for when Pleks is moved.

Danault to 3rd line C behind Drouin and Galchenyuk.

Sign Yakupov on the cheap and play him with Galchenyuk on 2nd line with Radulov.  If Yakupov can't be reclaimed then Byron/Lehkonen is decent depth...and of course one of Galchenyuk or Drouin can also move back to LW.  

Pacioretty Drouin Gallagher

Yakupov Galchenyuk Radulov

Lehkonen/Byron Danault Shaw