Sign in to follow this  
lazy26

Ales Hemsky signs with Montreal

huzer    53

Wow seeing it right there, it's the Great Russian Exodus. Don't forget Emelin, too! Don Cherry for GM!

• Upvote 1

Montreal has $14M in cap space.

$4M is temporary because of Price's extension.

Galchenyuk will get between $4.5M-$6.5M, unless traded.

Markov might still come back. If not, the team doesn't have too many guys to move the puck up or drive offence on the blueline.

Until Plekanec is moved, this team doesn't have a bunch of money for a centre. And that's not easy to do.

lazy26    58
29 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

To Dallas

Alex Radulov

To Montreal

Ales Hemsky

No videogame is accepting this trade.

Don't forget we had to throw in Flynn to sweeten the pot! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

dlbalr    651
54 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

We're Weiss and Danault really considered guys with offensive upside?  I see Kassian, Shaw as top 6 gambles and Drouin the only legitimate top 6 pickup.  Danault, Weiss and Byron were brought in for the bottom 6.

Fair enough, you didn't specify that originally.  I think Kassian was more of a 3rd line pickup (especially given who they gave up for him) but yeah, I think they viewed Shaw as a legitimate top six player.

illWill    396

I dislike this signing

Link67    98

I don't dislike this signing at all, a one year trial to see if an injury plagued but productive forward can have himself a bounce back year in our top 9 is fine in my books.

look at it as a Radulov replacement and you will hate it, but thats not what it is

illWill    396
19 minutes ago, Link67 said:

I don't dislike this signing at all, a one year trial to see if an injury plagued but productive forward can have himself a bounce back year in our top 9 is fine in my books.

look at it as a Radulov replacement and you will hate it, but thats not what it is

I don't look at it as a replacement for Radulov, I just never liked the player and think he is soft as butter. And when he isn't injured and actually in the lineup he doesn't produce like he once did. 

Link67    98

He slots in nicely on the 3rd line now, behind Drouin and Gallagher.

hab29RETIRED    159
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Again, big picture:

OUT

Markov

Radulov

Sergachev

IN

Alzner

Drouin

Hemsky

It's quite true that even an EA Sports program would not accept that package. Molson could save a lot of money by firing ol' Whack-A-Mole and replacing him with AI, from the sound of it.

As for the $5.5 for a new C, sounds good in theory. Who could this new C be?

Mike fisher seems like an MB type of guy, character player, doesn't matter he is washed up and should be retiring.

sim.on    26

Tavares and Turris are UFA next summer. Plus Patch is coming due. Maintain flexibility should not be underated.

hab29RETIRED    159
3 minutes ago, sim.on said:

Tavares and Turris are UFA next summer. Plus Patch is coming due. Maintain flexibility should not be underated.

Man, habs fans are becoming more and more like the 80's leafs fan... "just wait until next year, you'll see, we'all be better - we really will".

The sad thing is that we are starting to say it before the current year has even started.

So what lines are we going to see in the fall?

LW: Pacioretty, Lehkonen, Hudon

RW: Gallagher, Hemsky

LW/RW: Byron

LW/C/RW: Galchenyuk, Drouin, Shaw

C: Plekanec, Holland, Martinsen

C/LW: Danault

C/RW: Mitchell

Link67    98

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Drouin

Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher

Byron - Plekanec - Hemsky

Hudon - McCarron - Shaw

nihilz    28

Pacioretty Anisimov Galchenyuk

Byron Plekanec Gallagher

Hudon Danault Drouin

Lehkonen delaRose Hemsky

4 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Man, habs fans are becoming more and more like the 80's leafs fan... "just wait until next year, you'll see, we'all be better - we really will".

The sad thing is that we are starting to say it before the current year has even started.

Christ, that's true. Fans are already looking at this year as a write off in August. 

Easy Ryder    2

Hemsky was available for not much at the Trade deadline. 

King, Martinsen and Ott were brought in to beef up offense when scoring was needed.

Now they think he can help ? I would have like to see him in first in the playoff and then signed.

hab29RETIRED    159
20 minutes ago, Easy Ryder said:

King, Martinsen and Ott were brought in to beef up offense when scoring was needed.

Now they think he can help ? I would have like to see him in first in the playoff and then signed.

Why would we have signed him than. He's not the kind of player that MB said can get a team through the playoffs.  Signing him now is just a sign of desperation 

Commandant    600
7 hours ago, Easy Ryder said:

When he was injured?  

Easy Ryder    2

Not injured at trade deadline. Played through 03 30 and then hip injury comes again and out for season.

dlbalr    651
20 hours ago, Easy Ryder said:

Hemsky had a $4 million cap hit last year, more than what the others made combined.  They would have been over the cap had they brought him in (as well as the others) at the deadline.  It's also worth noting that at the trade deadline, he had all of one game played on the season (he returned to the lineup the day after).  Had he come back a couple of weeks earlier where teams would have had a chance to see that he had recovered, there probably would have been a market for him.