Maybe things aren't as bad as.....

REV-G

5 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

Looking forward to Hudon, Reway and McCarron making the team this year.

Seems a given Hudon will get a look and McCarron is still one of a kind in Hab system, so his physical presence alone should get a couple games and he seems to of taken training serious and hope he somehow gaines 1/4 of a step over the summer. Reway I think is a long way from 100%, but see how he looks at rookie camp in the fall I guess.

Every training camp. 

McCarron.... my conditioning wasn't good enough last year.  I got tired at the end of shifts/games.  I worked out like crazy to correct that.  I should be better this year. 

Rinse and repeat. 

46 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Every training camp. 

McCarron.... my conditioning wasn't good enough last year.  I got tired at the end of shifts/games.  I worked out like crazy to correct that.  I should be better this year. 

Rinse and repeat. 

That is why you think "maybe things arnt as bad as..."? Or you are on wrong thread perhaps?

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Every training camp. 

Rinse and repeat. 

It looks like he has slimmed down a lot this off season...

Still. He needs to perform on the ice. No question at this point 

4 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

This is still a building block season for him, he really needs to make sure he is ready for a full time job next season when Plekanec is gone and he is relied on as one of the bottom 6 centers on this team.

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

My point is that you can find the same comments the last three years. 

2014 interview http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/12/04/five-minutes-michael-mccarron-springboard-team-usa/

“My endurance is a lot better than it was. I can play a full 60 minutes now, and I’m playing with two very good linemates who are making things easy for me.”

2015 interview, again he talks about working out in the summer, slimming down, getting more endurance.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/09/14/habs-rookie-tourney-review-miceli-johnston-shine/

2016 http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/a-qa-with-the-canadiens-mike-mccarron

After being selected by the Canadiens in the first round (25th overall) at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, McCarron is attending his fourth rookie camp. While he is listed at 6-foot-6 and 237 pounds on the Canadiens’ official rookie camp roster, McCarron weighed in at a lean 226 pounds when the camp opened Thursday morning.

It’s the result of a change in his diet and a summer working with a skating coach, strength-and-conditioning coach and a dietician. 

Did you change your diet to lose the weight?

“It’s all about the diet, especially for a big man. If you’re not eating good you’re not going to put on muscle and you’re not going to lose that body fat. It’s a really fine line and it took me until I’m 21 years old to figure it out, which is a bit of a bummer. I wish I knew at 18.

“I just needed to be ready for this season and that’s what I am. I weighed in at 226 this morning and I feel like at 225 to 230 I feel good with my body and I feel good on the ice at that weight.”