2017 Rocket/Beast Offseason Thread

dlbalr

On 9/22/2017 at 1:16 PM, DON said:

Hmmm, tempting to add RDS, but they have basically doubled cost of that channel, so will opt for radio I think.

Remember, Laval doesn't really have an English radio feed.  TSN 690 will do select Friday home games and that's it so you'll be relying on the opposing feed probably 80-85% of the time unless you want to try the French radio feed.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Used to be like $3.00 for RDS and you'd get every single Habs game 

Yes $4.99/month it was and got all games even here out west, so just shelled out $210 for centreice.

I think they want $10 for any one French channel now, so will skip on that.

Laval's training camp roster camp out and there's only one new invitee in the mix, goalie Patrick Spano who was the starter at Yale last season.  He's probably just a field filler although I guess the #2 spot in Brampton is up for grabs.

You are right. I do find it comforting as I couldn't see any rational reason for his continued presence in Montreal. 

5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Assuming everyone clears and no trades happen, does anyone want to take a stab at probable lines for Laval?

*stares intently at dlbalr*

It's a little jumbled with the veteran restrictions but here's a rough look:

Terry (V) - Holland (V) - Scherbak
Carr - McCarron - Froese (V-) 
Reway - Audette - Waked
Veilleux - Eisenschmid - Gregoire

Scratch: Martinsen (V-), Ebbing, Petti, Broll, Boucher (PTO)

Jerabek (V) - Lernout

Taormina (V) - Gelinas (V)

Bourque - Parisi

Scratch: Redmond (V-), LeBlanc

Lindgren

Fucale

(V) - Veteran, minimum 320 pro GP (AHL, NHL, European Pro) as of the end of 2016-17 [Max of 5 skaters in this category can dress per game]
(V-) - Veteran, between 260-319 pro GP [1 skater in this category can be classed as a development player]

Qualifying leagues towards the veteran GP calculation: NHL, AHL, NLA, Czech Extraliga, Slovak Extraliga, KHL, SHL, SM-liiga, and DEL.  Only regular season games count towards the calculation (which actually turns Redmond from V to V-).

(And for anyone wondering about Morrow, he has less than 260 pro GP so if/when he's sent down, he can be pencilled in on defence.)

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'd guess Redmond plays a lot.  Especially since he's a RH shot and Gelinas is a left. 

It's a possibility but I don't think Gelinas signed to be scratched regularly.  Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if they're looking at finding Redmond a home overseas right now.  His days in the NHL are clearly numbered and now he will be in a rotation for playing time at best in the AHL.  If I were him, I'd be looking to get out of the contract or at least secure some kind of loan elsewhere.

On 02/10/2017 at 6:46 PM, dlbalr said:

It's a possibility but I don't think Gelinas signed to be scratched regularly.  Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if they're looking at finding Redmond a home overseas right now.  His days in the NHL are clearly numbered and now he will be in a rotation for playing time at best in the AHL.  If I were him, I'd be looking to get out of the contract or at least secure some kind of loan elsewhere.

Or be traded to Buffalo?

They don't have much in the way of forward depth to recall down there.  This signing gives Laval a whopping one forward that's under contract that can be recalled without having to burn a PTO.  (For that matter, they don't have a single contracted defenceman to call up yet either.)

35 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They don't have much in the way of forward depth to recall down there.  This signing gives Laval a whopping one forward that's under contract that can be recalled without having to burn a PTO.  (For that matter, they don't have a single contracted defenceman to call up yet either.)

of course i figure guys like Ebbing, Veilleux, and Parisi will spend some time in Brampton, sooner or later. 

• dlbalr unpinned this topic