Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

2017 Rocket/Beast Offseason Thread

DON    21
55 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Same way i ranked them at the time... Barbashev, Scherbak, Goldobin

thanks

DON    21

Hmmm, tempting to add RDS, but they have basically doubled cost of that channel, so will opt for radio I think.

dlbalr    654
On 9/22/2017 at 1:16 PM, DON said:

Hmmm, tempting to add RDS, but they have basically doubled cost of that channel, so will opt for radio I think.

Remember, Laval doesn't really have an English radio feed.  TSN 690 will do select Friday home games and that's it so you'll be relying on the opposing feed probably 80-85% of the time unless you want to try the French radio feed.

Stogey24    230

Used to be like $3.00 for RDS and you'd get every single Habs game 

DON    21
1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Used to be like $3.00 for RDS and you'd get every single Habs game 

Yes $4.99/month it was and got all games even here out west, so just shelled out $210 for centreice.

I think they want $10 for any one French channel now, so will skip on that.

dlbalr    654

Laval's training camp roster camp out and there's only one new invitee in the mix, goalie Patrick Spano who was the starter at Yale last season.  He's probably just a field filler although I guess the #2 spot in Brampton is up for grabs.

dlbalr    654

Stefan Fournier is back in the organization...sort of.  He has signed an ECHL deal with Brampton which might him in line for a PTO stint or two with Laval this season.

Trizzak    423

Take Gelinas out of the running for the 7th d spot in Montreal.

PMAC    81

Was he ever in the running?

Trizzak    423
1 hour ago, PMAC said:

Was he ever in the running?

More in theory than in practice, but some will still find comfort in the confirmation. 

PMAC    81

You are right. I do find it comforting as I couldn't see any rational reason for his continued presence in Montreal. 

DON    21

Fucale 5g on 18 shots....uggg. Back to ECHL for you!

Commandant    606

Fucale probably is the AHL backup and McNiven to the ECHL. 

They will want McNiven to play games. 

Trizzak    423

Assuming everyone clears and no trades happen, does anyone want to take a stab at probable lines for Laval?

*stares intently at dlbalr*

dlbalr    654
5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Assuming everyone clears and no trades happen, does anyone want to take a stab at probable lines for Laval?

*stares intently at dlbalr*

It's a little jumbled with the veteran restrictions but here's a rough look:

Terry (V) - Holland (V) - Scherbak
Carr - McCarron - Froese (V-) 
Reway - Audette - Waked
Veilleux - Eisenschmid - Gregoire

Scratch: Martinsen (V-), Ebbing, Petti, Broll, Boucher (PTO)

Jerabek (V) - Lernout

Taormina (V) - Gelinas (V)

Bourque - Parisi

Scratch: Redmond (V-), LeBlanc

Lindgren

Fucale

(V) - Veteran, minimum 320 pro GP (AHL, NHL, European Pro) as of the end of 2016-17 [Max of 5 skaters in this category can dress per game]
(V-) - Veteran, between 260-319 pro GP [1 skater in this category can be classed as a development player]

Qualifying leagues towards the veteran GP calculation: NHL, AHL, NLA, Czech Extraliga, Slovak Extraliga, KHL, SHL, SM-liiga, and DEL.  Only regular season games count towards the calculation (which actually turns Redmond from V to V-).

(And for anyone wondering about Morrow, he has less than 260 pro GP so if/when he's sent down, he can be pencilled in on defence.)

Commandant    606

I'd guess Redmond plays a lot.  Especially since he's a RH shot and Gelinas is a left. 

dlbalr    654
9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'd guess Redmond plays a lot.  Especially since he's a RH shot and Gelinas is a left. 

It's a possibility but I don't think Gelinas signed to be scratched regularly.  Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if they're looking at finding Redmond a home overseas right now.  His days in the NHL are clearly numbered and now he will be in a rotation for playing time at best in the AHL.  If I were him, I'd be looking to get out of the contract or at least secure some kind of loan elsewhere.

Trizzak    423

McNiven sent to Brampton.

dlbalr    654

No real shocker there.  He needs playing time and he won't get it playing behind Lindgren.

Commandant    606
On 02/10/2017 at 6:46 PM, dlbalr said:

It's a possibility but I don't think Gelinas signed to be scratched regularly.  Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if they're looking at finding Redmond a home overseas right now.  His days in the NHL are clearly numbered and now he will be in a rotation for playing time at best in the AHL.  If I were him, I'd be looking to get out of the contract or at least secure some kind of loan elsewhere.

Or be traded to Buffalo?

dlbalr    654
52 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Or be traded to Buffalo?

Close enough.  Worth noting here is that Deslauriers is also eligible for veteran status so the same logjam exists.

Trizzak    423

Good for him.

dlbalr    654

They don't have much in the way of forward depth to recall down there.  This signing gives Laval a whopping one forward that's under contract that can be recalled without having to burn a PTO.  (For that matter, they don't have a single contracted defenceman to call up yet either.)

Commandant    606
35 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They don't have much in the way of forward depth to recall down there.  This signing gives Laval a whopping one forward that's under contract that can be recalled without having to burn a PTO.  (For that matter, they don't have a single contracted defenceman to call up yet either.)

of course i figure guys like Ebbing, Veilleux, and Parisi will spend some time in Brampton, sooner or later.