Galchenyuk signed

DON

2 minutes ago, HabAListen said:

Are you actually going to contribute to this forum in a meaningful way or just spam your podcast as you have in all your posts so far?

Asking for a friend. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Neech said:

Considering we're in a 3-year window that's a great number to have Chucky at.  It allows for the addition of another top forward.

This is reminiscent of the Kucherov deal, which is one of the best contracts in the league.  

Yeah, I've been mulling it over (for what it's worth), and I think this is the right way to look at it. In 3 years Weber will be 35. That'll be the time to take stock of the core and maybe start pulling it apart, retooling, etc.. This is an excellent cap hit for a player that most of us think is can be a 30-goal, 70-point guy. :thumbs_up: Good job, Bergevin!

Galchenyuk the comedian; when asked about being Centre or Wing; he said "I have a clause in my new contract that allows me to walk away from a scrum whenever asked that question."

• Upvote 1

I can't lie though, I wish it wasn't an issue. There's no right way of going about this in his position but he's also got to speak up if he does indeed have a preferred position on the ice. For his own good, I wish he would. In most circumstances you might not want to stir the pot by saying you want to play "here" as opposed to "there" because then if the coach doesn't play them there, it places everyone in an awkward position.

At this point, I think it might be best for everyone if he announces what he prefers to play. I'm fine with it being in private with the coaches but I just get the sense he hasn't been honest with them either. He needs to eventually grow up and take the bull by the horn, for his own good. Easier said than done when you're the one in his position, of course.

53 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I can't lie though, I wish it wasn't an issue. There's no right way of going about this in his position but he's also got to speak up if he does indeed have a preferred position on the ice. For his own good, I wish he would. In most circumstances you might not want to stir the pot by saying you want to play "here" as opposed to "there" because then if the coach doesn't play them there, it places everyone in an awkward position.

At this point, I think it might be best for everyone if he announces what he prefers to play. I'm fine with it being in private with the coaches but I just get the sense he hasn't been honest with them either. He needs to eventually grow up and take the bull by the horn, for his own good. Easier said than done when you're the one in his position, of course.

From past interviews and comments it's sounds and what's been written by guys like Engels, it sounds like they've already communicated this to habs management and by the time it sounds like he sees himself as a centre.  I think it was Engels article that quotes him as saying something the effect of "how many times am I going Rinne asked the same question that I've already answered and it hasn't changed."

On 7/6/2017 at 9:42 PM, DON said:

Galchenyuk the comedian; when asked about being Centre or Wing; he said "I have a clause in my new contract that allows me to walk away from a scrum whenever asked that question."

Hahaha. Scrumbag.

• Upvote 1