Rookie Camp roster/tournament thread

dlbalr

Just now, Trizzak said:

This is torture. Bitten gets a breakaway and neither acknowledges it until the puck is in the net. Were they drugged before broadcast?

This is a typical Marlies broadcast - very Toronto-centric and the opposition doesn't really exist.  To be fair, that's what St. John's broadcasts often were too...

Alain makes it 3-2, nice.

Reway looked like he was used to international rink size right before that pass. Tripped into the boards a bit, but recovered for that downright dirty pass cross ice. 

That illness definitely didn't affect his vision. 

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Reway will be in the nhl at some point this year 

Really? I thought he was mostly invisible this game until that PP assist. Plus, I expect he'll lose some steam in the AHL this season, being that he's not used to playing more than 40 games a season, and that was before he lost an entire year to (what was probably) myocarditis. 

5 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Reway will be in the nhl at some point this year 

The main problem is he looked completely disinterested when he didn't have the puck, that'll probably delay his arrival to the NHL especially in this organization.  You can definitely see his value though on the pp.

That 2nd Toronto goalie was a sieve.

McNieven was excellent. Especially early.

I was one of the shooters at 1st intermission one ice contest.  My friend was selected but chickened out.  I had to wear his friends Leaf sweater to do it. 

Guest Stogey24
6 hours ago, Habinator33 said:

The main problem is he looked completely disinterested when he didn't have the puck, that'll probably delay his arrival to the NHL especially in this organization.  You can definitely see his value though on the pp.

Definetly noticed the effort without the puck and the fact his speed is lacking at this point. 

I've seen reway play a decent amount, it wasn't just this game I'm referring to, but I personally did like what i saw him from him. He has this effortless look to him when he passes. I don't know man, I can just see something in him. 

• dlbalr changed the title to Rookie Camp roster/tournament thread
1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

I'm gonna head down to Ricoh and see if there are any good deals on a ticket. 

Decided to treat myself to front row. I'm watching the Habs defend twice, which is good because I'd like to see how Mete and Juulsen fare in their own end.

I wouldn't object to a bevy of powerplays in the 2nd though ;)

• Upvote 2

Well... Samuel is not McNiven, that is for sure. Bourque had some weak defensive moments as well.

Mete is an unreasonably smooth skater. It's like a computer simulation of skating. He's the "uncanny valley" of a good stride - it shouldn't exist and you feel weird watching it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Well... Samuel is not McNiven, that is for sure. Bourque had some weak defensive moments as well.

Mete is an unreasonably smooth skater. It's like a computer simulation of skating. He's the "uncanny valley" of a good stride - it shouldn't exist and you feel weird watching it.

Juulsen pretty quiet?

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Unnoticeable. 

Still not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

I take it back, I started to notice his decision-making and I was not impressed by it. There were a couple of bad passes to forwards in awkward positions to receive them, and he wasn't being overly pressured to rush those plays either. He also did nothing in the offensive zone, which is a shame to see. Pretty good positioning while defending though.

Then again, probably shouldn't scout an 8 - 2 loss too seriously. Nobody looked particularly good. 

16 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Unnoticeable. 

Still not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

I suspect that will be the case a lot with him as he's more of a steadying player aside from throwing the big hits (something I suspect he'll do less of now).