Habs announce training camp roster

dlbalr

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Oh weird, I thought Schlemko was very close to returning.

He probably is but they likely can back-date his placement so that he's eligible to be activated as soon as he's ready.   It just delays the decision for the 8th d-man for an extra few days.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He probably is but they likely can back-date his placement so that he's eligible to be activated as soon as he's ready.   It just delays the decision for the 8th d-man for an extra few days.

And a way to try to sneak Morrow past waivers after others have been picked off, probably.

Interesting that they're going with 8 D / 13 forwards, at least to start the season.

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

And a way to try to sneak Morrow past waivers after others have been picked off, probably.

Interesting that they're going with 8 D / 13 forwards, at least to start the season.

That seems likely although with the number of players on waivers, they probably could get away with it now.

A small side note - if the Habs wanted to claim someone waived today (ie, Rychel or Jurco), they'd have to immediately get into roster compliance.  That means Lehkonen (waiver exempt) would have to be sent down for a day with someone (Morrow) being waived shortly thereafter.  I don't think they'll claim anyone but if they do, that's how they can manage the roster.

Not good seeing all of Morrow, Davidson & Strait in opening day line-up. 3 of the 8 d-men will be ugly to watch and gotta hope Jerabek & Schelmko can be upgrades sooner than later.

In a 16 player pool. There was nobody to choose from for last pick so I took the 1346th ranked player for last pick. Mete. My off the board picks are pretty good so pretty much guaranteed he plays the season

I actually thought Martinsen looked pretty good in his games. Nothing special but he didn't hurt us and made some nice plays, especially in the last game. Then again, I'm one of the seemingly few who liked Ghetto and at this point that trade doesn't look too great. 

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

In a 16 player pool. There was nobody to choose from for last pick so I took the 1346th ranked player for last pick. Mete. My off the board picks are pretty good so pretty much guaranteed he plays the season

Is it a bad thing that I took him with 7 rounds left to go in the Habsworld pool? 

12 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Is it a bad thing that I took him with 7 rounds left to go in the Habsworld pool? 

I thought it was a bit too early to pick him considering there's no guarantee he's still around in a few weeks from now.  On the flip side, if he stays with Weber for most of the year, you could get good value out of him.