Habs announce training camp roster

dlbalr

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I know CJ is not a huge fan of Mitchell. Maybe DLR?

I guess he's next in line - I actually thought Holland would start with the Habs, to be honest.  Mitchell's odds of making the team went up with Holland going on waivers though.

51 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I guess he's next in line - I actually thought Holland would start with the Habs, to be honest.  Mitchell's odds of making the team went up with Holland going on waivers though.

After last nights game I definitely thought Galchenyuk-Holland-Hemsky were going to get a look tonight and possibly start the season together.

41 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Jerabek not even 7th dman ?!?! 

Please no Gelinas. Please.

There's no real point in having Jerabek as a #7 when he's waiver exempt.  Hopefully, he'll accept the Laval assignment and not invoke the European assignment clause.

As for Gelinas, he still has a long road to a roster spot.  The top-six right now probably consists of Weber, Petry, Mete, Benn, Schlemko, and Alzner (in no particular order obviously).  Davidson is still probably ahead of Gelinas for the #7 spot and Streit is still in the mix as well.  (Not to mention Morrow's also still around.)  Has he done enough to jump past two or three of those players?  I don't think he has.

Guest Stogey24
50 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Jerabek getting waived definitely improves Mete's chances of staying at least 9 games. 

He's solid man. There's no reason he shouldn't  get atleast 9 games 

Julien on Jerabek being cut:

"One of the reasons is that there's always an adjustment period when you come to North America for the first time. We like what he brings -- he skates well and is able to see the puck -- so we're going to give him a chance to get better. We want to give him more experience. He's close to being in the NHL. He's played internationally, so he's already competed at an elite level. It's very possible that we'll be seeing him back in Montreal."

14 hours ago, lazy26 said:

Lip service, but I actually agree.

It also likely means Jerabek wont be headed back to the KHL and is accepting of AHL assignment.

2 minutes ago, DON said:

Wonder how Reway fared in 1st game?

I didn't hear his name too much but I had it on more for background noise rather than actually paying too much attention to the game.  I know McNiven played well and Lernout's play was praised a couple of times.

Mete stays, for now, dela Rose & Mitchell stay, but Martinson gone, hopefully Strait is waived but likely wont be and be 7th d-man.

Not exactly sure who else is still around, but Davidson and Morrow will be sent packing.