Sept. 18, Habs vs Bruins, 7 PM

dlbalr

The wait is finally over...well, sort of over as real games don't start for a couple more weeks but the Habs kick off their preseason with a 'road' game in Quebec City against the Bruins on Monday night.

image.png

Beleskey - Spooner - Bjork

Gabrielle - Nash - Acciari

Schaller - Cave - Senyshyn

Agostino - Studnicka - Porter

Breen - Cross

Grzelcyk - Postma

Lauzon - Miller

McIntyre

Subban

image.png

Galchenyuk - Danault - Gallagher

Byron - Mitchell - Shaw

de la Rose - McCarron - Gregoire

Froese - Audette - Waked

Morrow - Petry

Alzner - Juulsen

Gelinas - Lernout

Reserve skater: Taormina

Montoya

Fucale

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST on RDS.  Regional restrictions apply.  English Radio: TSN 690   French Radio: FM 98.5

This off-season has felt like forever. Has August always been so dull? Maybe I just really missed the World Cup. 

I feel that anyone excited about a pre-season game is suffering from some sort of disorder...

It's always a long off-season when your team craps out in the first round.

Guest Stogey24

Claude Julien said he would try and ice a lineup with a Quebec focus, and he’s done that with seven players with Quebec roots (eight if you include Paul Byron) in the lineup.:quebec:

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Claude Julien said he would try and ice a lineup with a Quebec focus, and he’s done that with seven players with Quebec roots (eight if you include Paul Byron) in the lineup.:quebec:

Woo hoo!  That's the type of focus that is critical to build a cup Contender!

Guest Stogey24
5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

"It's preseason. Chill." - Carey Price ;)

Still. Why is that even being said or thought about. 

Only further exploits the p.r move that took place with Drouin 

28 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I'm on your side here but it's being said because the game is in Quebec City. Is that a good enough justification for thinking about that? To me, probably not as it should not be a priority.

I  just feel like half the people who read your comment won't think about that. That's not a justification whatsoever but it does change things a little bit only if the reader didn't know that at all. 

Point is, if the game was in Florida and he said that there would be a difference. 

Just as as much as it shouldn't be a thought, since we don't see any Bergerons or Marchands in the Boston lineup, he's likely doing it for the kids and the comment really depends on context. Julien may just being a nice guy here and I say that despite him

being on a leash with me after the Galchenyuk treatment last season.

Listen, although I cautiously respect Julien, my respect for this management group overall is sub-zero. But the Drouin trade was a reasonable deal in hockey terms, and therefore not purely a PR move, however much PR concerns played into management's thinking. And I don't believe for one moment that Julien, or any qualified NHL coach, will make personnel decisions for games that matter based on a player's "Quebec roots." Really, I wouldn't read anything into this at all.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

??Unknown, you were the one to bring it up!

He isn't even playing, so not sure what you are going on about. 

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I'm on your side here but it's being said because the game is in Quebec City. Is that a good enough justification for thinking about that? To me, probably not as it should not be a priority.

I  just feel like half the people who read your comment won't think about that. That's not a justification whatsoever but it does change things a little bit only if the reader didn't know that at all. 

Point is, if the game was in Florida and he said that there would be a difference. 

Just as as much as it shouldn't be a thought, since we don't see any Bergerons or Marchands in the Boston lineup, he's likely doing it for the kids and the comment really depends on context. Julien may just being a nice guy here and I say that despite him

being on a leash with me after the Galchenyuk treatment last season.

Yup, I hear ya. 

I absolutely love the province of Quebec, I just hate that Julien says something about trying to ice a more "Quebec" line up. 

I get its pre season though, so I'll shut up, but it's just so typical 

9 hours ago, revvvrob said:

This off-season has felt like forever. Has August always been so dull? Maybe I just really missed the World Cup. 

For a sports fan August is the worst month of the year. Which is why sometimes you will see t-s-n show sports movies around that time. All you have is baseball going on.

6 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I feel that anyone excited about a pre-season game is suffering from some sort of disorder...

It's always a long off-season when your team craps out in the first round.

Hahahah... US Open tennis ended.. (when the Fed crashed) and I've been on distraction starvation wages ever since. Working on the Thomistic refutation of Sartrian existentialism via Augusto Del Noce and Socrates!! !!! Help!

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Is this blocked out on rds?

I'm able to watch the game for some reason (I'm outside the viewing region) - since I turned it on, it was all Boston.  They're up 3-2 now with the go-ahead goal coming on a bad play by Galchenyuk on the PP.

TSN690  guys going on and on about Galchenyuk pulling a Subban, by coughing up puck on the PP, which was fine; but, then he supposedly lazily coasted down the ice. Momesso didn't like lack of effort.