Leafs vs Habs Sept 27 2017

DON

52 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I'll keep sitting on my own island while pumping Streit's tires but based on last year's stats Streit averaged more points per game than Petry, and all our other current defenseman outside of Weber.

I expect him to at least be useful on the power play if given a chance. It does look like Claude agrees with most though and isn't utilizing him very much. I don't like the other three defensemen but I guess there's just as much of an argument for Gelinas on the power play as well.

Streit also barely played for a Pittsburgh team decimated by injury, and it certainly looked like his play deteriorated as the season went on. It is likely he will either deteriorate even quicker this season, if not start at that diminished return. 

I'd be more excited for Streit as a #6-7 defensemen if the Habs didn't already have three guys playing down to the role. 

Drouin was awesome tonight, really liked Mete's game again.

I am not going to fall into the trap of getting all worked up about pre-season, we have not iced anything close to our game 1 line up yet. And if Colorado taught me anything last season, its that pre-season records literally don't mean a damn thing. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Well, Drouin and Galchenyuk will be fun to watch. 

25 goals allowed in 6 games... the defense is an actual dumpster fire.

Allowed 16 more goals than they've scored. 

2 hours ago, Link67 said:

Drouin was awesome tonight, really liked Mete's game again.

I am not going to fall into the trap of getting all worked up about pre-season, we have not iced anything close to our game 1 line up yet. And if Colorado taught me anything last season, its that pre-season records literally don't mean a damn thing. 

Colorado won all of their games while the Habs have lost all their games. All I will say is that they haven't wanted to go winless so far, that's for sure.

It's not really about the wins and losses anyway. 

Weber-Mete

Petry-Alzner

Benn-Jerabek

Strait-Schlemko

I assume it must be down to these 8 and Morrow, Davidson and Gelinas should be gone.

Mitchell must be darn close to being cut also?

Other than to see the team on the ice, I haven't watched more than, say 2 minutes of any of the games combined. I'll be concerned if this is how they start the season, but otherwise, nothin' to see here. Hopefully the coaching staff has been able to get in some good player evals.

Guest Stogey24
53 minutes ago, DON said:

Weber-Mete

Petry-Alzner

Benn-Jerabek

Strait-Schlemko

I assume it must be down to these 8 and Morrow, Davidson and Gelinas should be gone.

Mitchell must be darn close to being cut also?

Benn has looked really bad. 

I think its an excellent strategy to get most of the goals scored against us in the preseason and save all our goal scoring for the real deal! 

Brilliant!  :P

I'm holding my head high. ( A my neck is stiff..)) 

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Benn has looked like Benn. I like how one person put it. He turned back into a pumpkin. 

I don't expect anything from. I just know how absolutely terrible he looked in the playoffs. 

Lets remember that last night the Weber-Mete pairing looked fine. 

We might have had a group where only Weber is in the starting lineup opening night. 

For all this talk that this was the Leafs "B" team last night, our defence was 

Our #1 guy

A 19 year old, who might make the team and might not. 

4 guys competing for the #6 spot at best. 

Schlemko, Petry, Benn, Alzner all didn't play last night. 

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Lets remember that last night the Weber-Mete pairing looked fine. 

We might have had a group where only Weber is in the starting lineup opening night. 

For all this talk that this was the Leafs "B" team last night, our defence was 

Our #1 guy

A 19 year old, who might make the team and might not. 

4 guys competing for the #6 spot at best. 

Schlemko, Petry, Benn, Alzner all didn't play last night. 

That helped. Thanks!!