Sept. 29, Panthers vs Canadiens, 7 PM

dlbalr

Seventh time's a charm?  That's what the Habs are hoping will be the case as they look for their first victory in their penultimate preseason games as they host the Panthers.

Florida Lineup

DK5kHBbXkAM0O0B.jpg

Montreal Lineup

Hudon - Plekanec - Lehkonen

Byron - Danault - Shaw

Galchenyuk - Holland - Scherbak

Martinsen - Froese - McCarron

Alzner - Petry

Mete - Benn

Jerabek - Davidson

Lindgren

Fucale

Puck drop is at 7 PM on RDS and TSN2.

12 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Last call for Froese and Scherbak.

I figured Froese had hit his last call a while ago but this is what, his sixth game already?  He's getting a longer look at making this team than most people think.  He was a fourth line centre with the Leafs just a couple of years ago.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Lindgren got the green light from team doctors today so he will start and play the full game.  Fucale will be the backup.

How worried should Montoya be if Lindgren shines? Bergevin's track record with back-ups must make Al a bit nervous.

1 hour ago, DON said:

How worried should Montoya be if Lindgren shines? Bergevin's track record with back-ups must make Al a bit nervous.

Lindgren has hardly played this preseason so even if he does well tonight, I don't think it would be enough to bump him to #2 just yet.  If Montoya struggles in his first few starts it's a possibility but probably not before then.

4 minutes ago, DON said:

#27 on the 3rd line...mean anything, or just want to see Galchenyuk and Scherbak together?

http://www.tsn.ca/ice-chips-galchenyuk-moved-to-third-line-1.870877

I think this a bit more meaningful than his linemates last game where the Habs just didn't have much in the way of quality players beyond the front line in the lineup.  I find it a bit intriguing that he's with someone who has already been cut from training camp.  (I think it's also interesting for Holland who hasn't had much in the way of quality wingers so far either...)  I don't know if they're trying to send a message that they'd like to see him play with more effort or if they're evaluating whether Byron-Danault-Shaw could be a potential third line which would have Galchenyuk and Hemsky on the fourth.

30 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Chucky and Drouin is what I want to see

No worry, you will see it lots on the PP in the regular season.

I think will be interesting to see how the two russians do on same line. I think they showed some chemistry at past camp, or is what I recall Timmins noted anyways.

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Another big test for the rookie...

Right and left. Wow! I'm amazed that he's that large. He looked smallish when I saw him on just one side! What a year!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think Jerabek is helping his cause tonight.  Mete has been quieter as expected (but not bad by any stretch).

Mete had 2 bad turnovers on the habs pp, and one at 5v5.  Its easily the worst game he's played. 

Jerabek does look good. 

That was an unexpected ending to the game with the fights and stuff going on after the whistle.

Add me to the list that thought Scherbak played well.  I don't think that's going to get him in the mix for a roster spot now but that's a better impression to leave with the coaches.

What's going to happen now with Galchenyuk?  The Danault line tonight had a lot of chemistry and it would make some sense to keep them together.  Do they really consider Galchenyuk and Hemsky as 2/3 of a fourth line?