Sign in to follow this  
Peter Puck

Annual HabsWorld Regular Season Prediction Contest

Commandant    633
Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

Sure I said that - during years like when  they finished 27th and after they folded when Price went down.  You on the other hand were doing the dance of joy for stupid trades like the Gomez trade. 

MB is the perfect GM for Bettman’s new mediocre... I mean parity era.  Not important to win anything to get 5 year contract extentions.

I never like the gomez trade and was a loud critic on day one of the deal so try again. 

And yeah you predict they miss the playoffs every year.  Congrats on being one for six.  

hab29RETIRED    175
43 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I never like the gomez trade and was a loud critic on day one of the deal so try again. 

And yeah you predict they miss the playoffs every year.  Congrats on being one for six.  

I never predict that they will miss the playoffs every year - never predicted that this year or last year.  If you read above I’ve got them 7th in the east.  I just don’t think they will accomplish anything  in the playoffs with the lineup they have.

hab29RETIRED    175
45 minutes ago, Commandant said:

What is the FUTURE of buffalo's defence?

What is the Future of Florida's budget?

We scored two lousy goals against that lousy buffalo D, and they aren’t going to have trouble attracting dman as ufa’s, and have the assets to move to improve their D.

What was the future of Edmonton’s    D last year??  Two years ago in Calgary, all the writers were saying that the flames D will be washed up in two years with Giorodno getting old and nothing on the pipeline.  They than traded for Hamilton and harmonic waives his no trade to come here.  When you have elite players. It will attract UFA’s. With a Eichal there, Buffalo isn’t going to have trouble signing players.  They also have assets and prospects they can move to bolster their defence. Who are we going to move to make use of our cap space? 

Tallon hasnt had had trouble getting out from bad contracts.  Signing guys too bad deals and than dumping them is about the only thing MB learned from the hawks organization.

Unlike the rest of the league, MB has the habs D getting older and is moving in the wrong direction getting “old school” dman like Alzner. Hopefully Mete pans out, otherwise we are screwed.

Commandant    633

A one game sample size.  One game where we had 40 shots against that Buffalo D?  Woopity doo..... call me at mid-season and we'll see how that Buffalo D is doing.    

Also, hey are going to have issues attracting UFAs cause When has Buffalo ever attracted a UFA? something about the city isn't exactly New York? Second they are usually a budget team. 

As for Tallon didn't dump a single bad contract, that was all Bowman... Tallon was fired for getting Chicago into cap hell by forgetting to qualify their RFAs.  By the time they had to dump contracts he was long gone..  However none of that changes the fact that the Panthers have no money and are unwilling to spend money.

Please do your research if you are going to respond to me.  You don't look good when this is the fourth post in a row with factual errors. 

Chips    6

was too busy this year.  I missed the start of the tourney!  If the powers that be will allow me to put an entry in late.  Then please accept this as my entry with my sincere apologies.

47-26-9 103 pts
2st Atlantic
5th East
235 goals

Best of luck to everyone!  Looking forward to another year in the hunt for 25...

Go Habs Go!

Peter Puck    4
On 10/7/2017 at 5:05 PM, Chips said:

was too busy this year.  I missed the start of the tourney!  If the powers that be will allow me to put an entry in late.  Then please accept this as my entry with my sincere apologies.

47-26-9 103 pts
2st Atlantic
5th East
235 goals

Best of luck to everyone!  Looking forward to another year in the hunt for 25...

Go Habs Go!

No problem.  Slightly late entries only suffer the penalty of losing tie breakers should you tie with someone else for first.

P.P.

Dalhabs    81
On 2017-10-04 at 2:51 PM, Stogey24 said:

201 goals. Yikes 

Starting to feel now that maybe I was a bit optimistic. 

Stogey24    278
6 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Starting to feel now that maybe I was a bit optimistic. 

:1gohabs:

DON    37
1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

:1gohabs:

?

PMAC    81

Bold new prediction... I am not winning this contest-- this year