Annual HabsWorld Regular Season Prediction Contest

Peter Puck

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

Sure I said that - during years like when  they finished 27th and after they folded when Price went down.  You on the other hand were doing the dance of joy for stupid trades like the Gomez trade. 

MB is the perfect GM for Bettman’s new mediocre... I mean parity era.  Not important to win anything to get 5 year contract extentions.

I never like the gomez trade and was a loud critic on day one of the deal so try again. 

And yeah you predict they miss the playoffs every year.  Congrats on being one for six.  

43 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I never like the gomez trade and was a loud critic on day one of the deal so try again. 

And yeah you predict they miss the playoffs every year.  Congrats on being one for six.  

I never predict that they will miss the playoffs every year - never predicted that this year or last year.  If you read above I’ve got them 7th in the east.  I just don’t think they will accomplish anything  in the playoffs with the lineup they have.

45 minutes ago, Commandant said:

What is the FUTURE of buffalo's defence?

What is the Future of Florida's budget?

We scored two lousy goals against that lousy buffalo D, and they aren’t going to have trouble attracting dman as ufa’s, and have the assets to move to improve their D.

What was the future of Edmonton’s    D last year??  Two years ago in Calgary, all the writers were saying that the flames D will be washed up in two years with Giorodno getting old and nothing on the pipeline.  They than traded for Hamilton and harmonic waives his no trade to come here.  When you have elite players. It will attract UFA’s. With a Eichal there, Buffalo isn’t going to have trouble signing players.  They also have assets and prospects they can move to bolster their defence. Who are we going to move to make use of our cap space? 

Tallon hasnt had had trouble getting out from bad contracts.  Signing guys too bad deals and than dumping them is about the only thing MB learned from the hawks organization.

Unlike the rest of the league, MB has the habs D getting older and is moving in the wrong direction getting “old school” dman like Alzner. Hopefully Mete pans out, otherwise we are screwed.

A one game sample size.  One game where we had 40 shots against that Buffalo D?  Woopity doo..... call me at mid-season and we'll see how that Buffalo D is doing.    

Also, hey are going to have issues attracting UFAs cause When has Buffalo ever attracted a UFA? something about the city isn't exactly New York? Second they are usually a budget team. 

As for Tallon didn't dump a single bad contract, that was all Bowman... Tallon was fired for getting Chicago into cap hell by forgetting to qualify their RFAs.  By the time they had to dump contracts he was long gone..  However none of that changes the fact that the Panthers have no money and are unwilling to spend money.

Please do your research if you are going to respond to me.  You don't look good when this is the fourth post in a row with factual errors. 

was too busy this year.  I missed the start of the tourney!  If the powers that be will allow me to put an entry in late.  Then please accept this as my entry with my sincere apologies.

47-26-9 103 pts
2st Atlantic
5th East
235 goals

Best of luck to everyone!  Looking forward to another year in the hunt for 25...

Go Habs Go!

On 10/7/2017 at 5:05 PM, Chips said:

was too busy this year.  I missed the start of the tourney!  If the powers that be will allow me to put an entry in late.  Then please accept this as my entry with my sincere apologies.

47-26-9 103 pts
2st Atlantic
5th East
235 goals

Best of luck to everyone!  Looking forward to another year in the hunt for 25...

Go Habs Go!

No problem.  Slightly late entries only suffer the penalty of losing tie breakers should you tie with someone else for first.

P.P.

• 5 months later...

I briefly checked, and it's kinda sad, but I think the winning guess for Habs points this season is 94 guessed by DalHabs. A whole 23 points from the actual answer, it just shows how much of a disaster this year was. Ole....

3 hours ago, DON said:

How come any of those, who now say they "knew" it would be a bad season, didn't come any closer in their predictions?:popcorn:

I said they would be a bubble team.  Price was the reason I had them as a bubble team to finish 3rd in the Atlantic, or a wildcard team in the east.I didn’t think they would do anything if they got in the playoffs, but did think price would get them into the playoffs.  

Unlike others I didn’t think they had any chance of repeating last year’s performance, but thought price would make them a bubble team.  I didn’t think they had a chance against the lightening or leafs - it turns out the Bruins were also a lot stronger in the Atlantic. Anyways, price was not price. So the habs were exposed again for what they are if price is injured or has a crap year.  The rangers lost Lundquist at the same time we lost Price a few years ago, but their ten dient crumble and their GM didn’t go out and get Ben Friggin Scrivens.

In the past Price is is usually good to be 1st star in 10 to 15 games and a star in at least 20 to 25 games.  Not sure he was a 1st star even once this year.  even if price had a Price year this was a bubble team at best.

On 10/5/2017 at 11:52 AM, illWill said:

Plekanec plays better under Julien       I think he did? 

Gallagher doesn't break his hand from a slap shot       The odds definitely indicated it wouldn't happen again

Byron regresses a bit but still plays well         43 points last year, 35 this year. Nailed it

Lindgren sees some time with the Habs and is impressive    He showed glimpses of being impressive, sort of counts

Fans go crazy for Drouin at different points during the season, boo him at others    I don't recall any cheering or booing in particular 

Pencil Pacioretty in for his usual 35 goals    Not unless he went on a serious heater for the 20 games he was injured

Hemsky gets injured for a decent length of time    Just as the sun rises everyday, Ales Hemsky gets injured for long periods of time every year 

Shaw shows more glimpses of why he was acquired and signed   I can see this 

Hudon finally sticks with the big club     About time 

Galchenyuk does not get traded despite being moved around the lineup     Sticking with our boy 

Lehkonen puts up 25 goals    Not even close

Not sure about Mete, haven't watched any preseason games     Don't know why I bothered to say that at all 

Price wins the Vezina      lolololol

Bergevin will be active at the trade deadline     I meant for a postseason team, not a piece of crap lottery team 

Not too bad on the predictions

On 2017-10-05 at 11:54 AM, Commandant said:

I don't see it as optimism either.  Im not happy that this team remains in a state of "not good enough", I just reject the pessimism that they are now a bad team. 

Do you now accept the pessimism?

On 2017-10-03 at 7:04 PM, illWill said:

I'll get the ball rolling:

46-24-6-6= 104 points

Second place in the Atlantic

4th in the East

234 goals scored 

You also nailed the 104 points, 2nd in the Atlantic and 4th in the east.

16 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

You also nailed the 104 points, 2nd in the Atlantic and 4th in the east.

Everyone was way wrong. How come you singled me out? Cucumber, if you're reading this, do you have an answer? 

32 minutes ago, illWill said:

Everyone was way wrong. How come you singled me out? Cucumber, if you're reading this, do you have an answer? 

after your last post patting yourself on the back for nailing the Byron decline prediction.

17 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

after your last post patting yourself on the back for nailing the Byron decline prediction.

Was that before or after I laughed at my other predictions? Do you need a hug or something? 

22 hours ago, DON said:

How come any of those, who now say they "knew" it would be a bad season, didn't come any closer in their predictions?:popcorn:

I thought the Habs wouldn’t have a shot at winning the cup this year but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to place such a negative prediction in this thread heading into a season, as how they actually did. I happened to be the second lowest total guessed by anyone with 95 points. 

50 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I thought the Habs wouldn’t have a shot at winning the cup this year but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to place such a negative prediction in this thread heading into a season, as how they actually did. I happened to be the second lowest total guessed by anyone with 95 points. 

I think those of us who thought the this team sucked, still felt Price made them a bubble team and was good for 10 wins on his own.  Even with a healthy Price, this was worse than the habs team prior to The Trade™️