2017-18 NHL Thread

dlbalr

I said at the time didn’t like the deal.  After trading Subban, we couldn’t afford to trade Sergechev. In fact when MB traded Subban, one of his justifications was having Sergechev in the pipeline. 

I have to to laugh at the usual MB Pom Pom boys and stat gurus who were going on and on why the habs couldn’t be as good as last year and were arguing that both the offence would be better (Drouin > radulov), and the completely wacko idiotic claim that the D would be better because of their CORSI ratings (saying that the useless slow Alzner, Schlemko > Markov and emelin).  Schlemko has yet to play a game, but him and Alzner arent even good enough to clean markov’s jock strap.

i thought the habs would probably be a bubble team that squeaks into the playoffs finishing 7th or 8th - i didn’t think they would be anywhere TBL and the leafs in the standings in our division, while the Pom Pom boys thought the habs could compete for top spot??

i will day this if missing the playoffs gets that bum MB fired and gets us closer to trying to build a true contender than a team that treads water will be worth it.  If we get another high draft pick, I don’t want MB and his bum buddies developing that player and ruining him like galchenyuk.  Hopefully we also get a new coach who doesn’t run skilled players out of town or put them in the fourth line, when you have a team that can’t score.

• Upvote 2

I hope they dont wait until we are out of the playoffs to fire him... A gm in panicmode to save his job could be very dangerous to this teams future. Give him 5 more games and tell him to show at least 8 points from these games. If not he can clean his desk and go to scout the qmjhl or something.

3 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

I hope they dont wait until we are out of the playoffs to fire him... A gm in panicmode to save his job could be very dangerous to this teams future. Give him 5 more games and tell him to show at least 8 points from these games. If not he can clean his desk and go to scout the qmjhl or something.

I doubt if we’re that lucky.  I think we see at least one more lousy asset depleting trade before they fire the bum.

20 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

The more I think about the trade, the more I realize it wasn't a trade that HAD to be made 

So you have flip-flopped on the trade?

Guest Stogey24
16 minutes ago, DON said:

So you have flip-flopped on the trade?

I don't not like the trade and I never said I loved it. 

What i have said though is that it was p.r move just as much as a hockey move.

After Sergachev got traded, he literally said I get the trade, they wanted a Quebec born player. 

Jonathan Drouin born in Detroit Michigan, doesn't even get sniff from Bergevin, but Jonathan Drouin born in QC is the #1 target in a trade for our top prospect. 

8 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

After Sergachev got traded, he literally said I get the trade, they wanted a Quebec born player. 

Jonathan Drouin born in Detroit Michigan, doesn't even get sniff from Bergevin, but Jonathan Drouin born in QC is the #1 target in a trade for our top prospect. 

And you seem to of just starting thinking this sometime in past two weeks. What has changed in that time?

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, DON said:

And you seem to of just starting thinking this sometime in past two weeks. What has changed in that time?

What are u talking about. I've said it from the beginning 

Guest Stogey24
45 minutes ago, DON said:

30th place now...how long will they battle Arizona for 31st? They are 31st in both goal for and differential, if that's any consolation. 

Your boy Marc is doing a hell of a job 

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Unfortunately, that may be true.

But we owe Drouin some patience. Regardless of his origin, he is a highly-touted young player with great skills, and - unlike Galchenyuk - has shown a real willingness to embrace challenges and take pressure on his own shoulders. He wants it. The guy I see out there right now is maybe a 60-point player. But he may well evolve into more than that. (None of this means it wasn't a trade we will rue; I always say that, all things being equal, a d-man is worth more than a FW, especially a winger).

I would rather MB had done the obvious thing and re-signed Radu, even to a horrible contract, while keeping what looks to be a beast of a defenceman. Look for other ways to shore up the FW unit. But, spilled milk. 

Guest Stogey24

Radulov and Sergachev Trump Drouin. 

1 more million dollars over 7 year and we could have had a #1 winger and what's shaping up to be a #1 d-man. 

As I said, it was a trade that didn't need to happen. There were options on the table. 

Sergachev's value is now even higher with some nhl experience. He could have been a major piece in acquiring Tavares. A guy who there are no doubts surrounding be a #1 centre. 

5 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Radulov and Sergachev Trump Drouin. 

1 more million dollars over 7 year and we could have had a #1 winger and what's shaping up to be a #1 d-man. 

As I said, it was a trade that didn't need to happen. There were options on the table. 

Sergachev's value is now even higher with some nhl experience. He could have been a major piece in acquiring Tavares. A guy who there are no doubts surrounding be a #1 centre. 

In my opinion, Radulov and Drouin trump Sergachev, if we had kept Markov instead of going after Alzner, Streit, and Hemsky, in the current state of things imagine how this would look instead of what we are seeing.

Pacioretty - Drouin - Radulov

Lehkonen - Danault - Galchenyuk

Hudon - Plekanec - Gallagher

Byron - McCarron - Shaw

Markov - Weber

Mete - Petry

Schlemko - Benn

Mete's revelation of a year has made the trade better for us than it was when it was even first announced, however because of the miss steps following all that, it could have still been even better, and instead its just a good trade I am glad we made, and not a Homerun that unquestionably made us better.

Sergachev just scored his 4th goal of the season.  So that makes 4G 5 A with his 10th game still in progress, while averaging a little under 13min of ice per game.  Drouin's been okay for us, but geez...I hope Stevie Y at least bought MB dinner before he screwed him

8 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Sergachev just scored his 4th goal of the season.  So that makes 4G 5 A with his 10th game still in progress, while averaging a little under 13min of ice per game.  Drouin's been okay for us, but geez...I hope Stevie Y at least bought MB dinner before he screwed him

We could have had a top 4 of Subban, Markov, Sergechev and Petry.  I’m not a Petry fan but that’s a hell of a lot better than the bums we have now.

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

We could have had a top 4 of Subban, Markov, Sergechev and Petry.  I’m not a Petry fan but that’s a hell of a lot better than the bums we have now.

Don't forget McDonagh :lol:

Seriously, it's pretty gruesome. Reminds me a bit of the 1990s when we ended up shipping out Chelios, Desjardins, and Schneider - trenendous d-men who got to have superb careers with teams other than us. Not coincidentally, we spent the second half of that decade in the toilet.

6 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Don't forget McDonagh :lol:

Seriously, it's pretty gruesome. Reminds me a bit of the 1990s when we ended up shipping out Chelios, Desjardins, and Schneider - trenendous d-men who got to have superb careers with teams other than us. Not coincidentally, we spent the second half of that decade in the toilet.

Yep, I didn’t go that far back to just show the damage inflicted by MB in the last two years alone.

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Yep, I didn’t go that far back to just show the damage inflicted by MB in the last two years alone.

Fair enough. As a Habs fan, you go crazy if you start tabulating all the follies of this Ballard Leafs of an organization over time. MB has done sufficient damage, it's good to just isolate that.

Guest Stogey24

Avalanche are starting to struggle again. If Sakic was smart, he'd deal Duchene before that team turns back into a train wreck 

Who's ready for round three of Shipachyov-watch?  After being sent down to the AHL for the second time this year (victim of being waiver-exempt), his agent has been given permission to seek a trade.  He didn't have a strong preseason and averaged less than 11 minutes in his three games with Vegas this year.

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Who's ready for round three of Shipachyov-watch?  After being sent down to the AHL for the second time this year (victim of being waiver-exempt), his agent has been given permission to seek a trade.  He didn't have a strong preseason and averaged less than 11 minutes in his three games with Vegas this year.

They need a goalie with all their injuries.  Well give them montoya and eat the difference in cap hits.

31 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It doesn't look like the Habs are interested:

Of course they’re not interested - his name isn’t Sevigny.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic