2017-18 NHL Thread

dlbalr

Just now, DON said:

Why isn't Vegas? Is he another overhyped euro?

It's a bit of a double-edged sword.  He's a victim of being waiver exempt and their unwillingness to waive anyone but at the same time, he hasn't played particularly well in the games he has played, especially not to the point where he's really forcing their hand to keep him up.  I think they'd like him to go to the AHL for a few weeks and get into a bit of a rhythm down there but he's 30 and didn't leave the KHL (and a near-guaranteed Olympic spot) to play in the minors.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It's a bit of a double-edged sword.  He's a victim of being waiver exempt and their unwillingness to waive anyone but at the same time, he hasn't played particularly well in the games he has played, especially not to the point where he's really forcing their hand to keep him up.  I think they'd like him to go to the AHL for a few weeks and get into a bit of a rhythm down there but he's 30 and didn't leave the KHL (and a near-guaranteed Olympic spot) to play in the minors.

If I recall correctly, you were not  too fond of Dadonov but seemed to think Shipanov should help Habs eh.

7 minutes ago, DON said:

If I recall correctly, you were not  too fond of Dadonov but seemed to think Shipanov should help Habs eh.

You're partially right.  I wasn't a big fan of Dadonov but I also wasn't calling for them to sign Shipachyov either as I had doubts that he could be a top-six guy (and didn't want the Habs to pay top-six money for someone who might only be a third line centre).

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

With cap space and nothing to spend it on and pir shot centres... id do it for cheap

If he had just the one-year deal, I'd agree with you.  But the second year is a concern.  If he doesn't pan out, his contract is already looking like one that could be bought out in the summer and I don't want that on the books when they're going to have to try to add another impact forward or two as it is next offseason.

Guest Stogey24

https://www.google.ca/amp/montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-canadiens-great-larry-robinson-finds-home-with-blues/amp

About Robinson and how he would like to end his career with Montreal.

Sounds like he'd love to be back with the Habs. Good Ol' Bergevin wanted/wants no part. Gotta be a Bergy butt buddy to get on this team. 

Guest Stogey24
11 minutes ago, DON said:

Radulov 11pts-13gms, on pace for 32g 69pt season...ugggg.

(Not NHL but; Markov 4g 15pts in 27gms)

Are you surprised by Radulov 

14 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Are you surprised by Radulov 

Phew, we sure dodged a bullet there :rolleyes: I mean, Radulov plus Sergachev...no one in their right minds wants that on their team

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Phew, we sure dodged a bullet there :rolleyes: I mean, Radulov plus Sergachev...no one in their right minds wants that on their team

Bergevin offered him a contract, indicating that he wanted him on the team. Radulov didn't take It, indicating he didn't want to be on the team. I don't see why anyone is bent out of shape about him not resigning. 

And Sergachev was traded for our #1 center who is also performing admirably. I don't see the issue with that trade either, as the intent was to have both Drouin and Radulov. 

1 hour ago, illWill said:

Bergevin offered him a contract, indicating that he wanted him on the team. Radulov didn't take It, indicating he didn't want to be on the team. I don't see why anyone is bent out of shape about him not resigning. 

And Sergachev was traded for our #1 center who is also performing admirably. I don't see the issue with that trade either, as the intent was to have both Drouin and Radulov. 

Yes his intent was good but MB failed and now he is a GM of one of the worst teams in the league and with Price injured I dont see things getting better unless MB has alot of luck and Lindgren will be a surprise.

Fire him already. 

It sounds like a Duchene deal was nearly done that would have seen him go to Ottawa, Turris to Nashville, and a whole bunch of futures to Colorado but it ultimately fell through.  I wonder if that coming out publicly might help expedite things a little bit (and what will that do to the ongoing extension talks between the Sens and Turris?).

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, illWill said:

Bergevin let a top line player walk over a million dollars over the next 6 years, when we have 8 million in cap space... That's why people are bent out of shape. 

Or maybe the fact we sign Karl Alzner to 5 years; when that money could have went to GOAL scoring, instead of a dump in. 

I remember saying it many times last year; Radulov was the engine that drove this offense. Basically the only forward that showed up in the playoffs too. 

7 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Bergevin let a top line player walk over a million dollars over the next 6 years, when we have 8 million in cap space... That's why people are bent out of shape. 

Or maybe the fact we sign Karl Alzner to 5 years; when that money could have went to GOAL scoring, instead of a dump in. 

I remember saying it many times last year; Radulov was the engine that drove this offense. Basically the only forward that showed up in the playoffs too. 

Just because Stogey from Habsworld said that Radulov drove the offense doesn't mean Bergevin should have paid him over 7 million per year for the next 6 years. He gave him a better than market value deal but Radulov chased the tax free savings in Texas. Bergevin didn't "let a top line player walk", the top line player left. The real issue here is that in a salary cap world, certain cities are at a disadvantage due to taxes. Managers shouldn't be vilified because of that. 

42 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

No, by 'people' you refer to a specific group who have whined about Bergevin's every move for years, the cynics were there in full force before July of this year. Whereas many non HabFans see as smart to not pay that price for him, let alone offer more than Dallas.

But, team does miss his offense at this point.

Guest Stogey24
39 minutes ago, illWill said:

Just because Stogey from Habsworld said that Radulov drove the offense doesn't mean Bergevin should have paid him over 7 million per year for the next 6 years. He gave him a better than market value deal but Radulov chased the tax free savings in Texas. Bergevin didn't "let a top line player walk", the top line player left. The real issue here is that in a salary cap world, certain cities are at a disadvantage due to taxes. Managers shouldn't be vilified because of that. 

He has 8 million in cap space! 

Guest Stogey24
8 minutes ago, DON said:

No, by 'people' you refer to a specific group who have whined about Bergevin's every move for years, the cynics were there in full force before July of this year. Whereas many non HabFans see as smart to not pay that price for him, let alone offer more than Dallas.

But, team does miss his offense at this point.

You get what you pay for.

Not sure if you checked, but we're in last place in the east. So I think there's reason to whine 

41 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Not sure if you checked, but we're in last place in the east. So I think there's reason to whine 

We were in 1st place from Oct to April last year and exact same posters complained to same extent. Anyone can find something to bitch about, but to beat a herd of dead horses every year, must get tiring...is it?:popcorn:

46 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

So Plekanec will be worth $12m for last and this upcoming year? I and most would disagree with you. 

• dlbalr unpinned this topic